Superdrug Reviews

Reset
2.9
Peter Macnab

1. Best Company I've worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

I have been working at Superdrug full-time

Pros

The people are amazing, we have a really strong leadership team and it's an exciting time to be part of the Superdrug family. There are plenty of opportunities to learn new things and continually develop yourself. We work hard but we also have a lot of fun and I can't imagine working anywhere else.

Cons

Salaries aren't the highest in the market but I think the overall package and the culture makes up for it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, the strategy is clear and exciting and the business is in a really good place.

2. Love the job, and everyone. They are all so friendly.

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Dorchester, South West England, England (UK)

I have been working at Superdrug part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good discount. Love being able to wear make up and style my uniform.

Cons

Bad pay. Rude customers. (Sometimes). No extra pay for bank holidays. Only minimum pay under 18. Apart from all of these the job is ok, but of these issues where done it could be better.

Advice to Management

Start paying your stuff double pay for working bank holidays.

3. Working as a beauty consultant/beauty adviser.

Current Employee - B Consultant/Sales Adviser in Gravesend, England (UK)
    Current Employee - B Consultant/Sales Adviser in Gravesend, England (UK)

I have been working at Superdrug part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Staff I work with are really nice and friendly. - 30% staff discount on Superdrug own branded and exclusive to Superdrug products. - 10% off other branded products. - Great if you love health and beauty. - Lots of overtime available during summer months. - Good job satisfaction.

Cons

- Pay could do with being higher. - Wish Gravesend store was bigger so we could sell and offer more products.

5. It's okay, nothing special

Current Employee - Sales Advisor

I have been working at Superdrug part-time (More than a year)

Pros

nice staff, managers are lovley I get on with everyone. usually change portions every hour so no one gets TOO bored , there are ways to improve and work up the career ladder if you speak with the manager

Cons

just usuall boring retail nothing exciting, in my store there aren't any hours even though I'm 17 I need more than 4 hours a week on £4.44

Advice to Management

not get too many staff?

6. Great company overall but serious workload issues and under staffing across the business

Current Employee - Buying Assistant
    Current Employee - Buying Assistant

I have been working at Superdrug full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Reasonable salary (not the best but not the worst) Modern business open to being innovative

Cons

Lack of support from managers with ever increasing workloads Lack of job related training Lots of extra jobs being dumped on as 'development opportunites'

Advice to Management

Train your managers how to manage people, yes many of them got promoted because they were good at their core role but many lack people management skills.

Sales Advisor

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Advisor in London, England (UK)

I worked at Superdrug part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good discount on Superdrug brand products, occasionally staff were given big discounts on perfume.

Cons

forced you to do a lot of active selling with no incentive, would get told off if you didn't sell your target but no reward if you sold over your target. bad hours, bare minimum of breaks.

8. Mediocre management, poor attitude towards staff

Current Employee - Sales Assistant
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant

I have been working at Superdrug part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Black uniform, easy to obtain from anywhere. Majority of staff are pleasant to work with and young (teenagers/early 20s). Easy to pick up with little to no experience of tills.

Cons

Quite poor hours. Management is horrible towards staff members. Forced to active sell 'Star Buys' and get repercussions when you don't sell any. Mistakes aren't allowed, if you make one there is this sense of unpleasantness towards you from the management team. Pay is quite bad and sporadic as to when you actually get it. Have worked there for just over a month now and haven't received the right amount of pay yet. Was told a higher pay than I am currently receiving at the interview. Wasn't shown contract for a month and wasn't allowed to read it before signing it. Hard to get more hours and very laborious tasks set in work.

Advice to Management

Ask for anonymous improvements you could make to benefit the employees a lot more and make it less of a boring job to work in with little to no incentives.

9. Can be tiring, but okay mostly

Former Employee - Customer Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Customer Assistant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Superdrug full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Retail is tiring, and it was no different working in Superdrug. You can have quiet days, but you're not often standing around.

Cons

I found it to be repetitive and not for someone who prefers challenges.

Advice to Management

none to give

I WANT A REAL PAY CHEQUE

Current Employee - Sales Advisor

I have been working at Superdrug part-time

Pros

The staff are great and they're the only thing keeping me there to be quite honest

Cons

. The pay is £5.87/hr (I'd get more doing cleaning) but I applied for a job that was £7.50 an hour. I believe this is age discrimination and i do believe it is slight exploitation as I am working the same number of hours as regular staff.

Advice to Management

IF YOU ADVERTISE A JOB AD PLEASE MAKE THE APPLICANT AWARE OF ANY UNDERCOVER INFORMATION TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT.

11. Good

I worked at Superdrug

Pros

energetic and engaged, friendly and fun and care about customers ong service awards, Superdrug discount, life-cover and childcare vouchers, bonus and pension schemes and, depending on the role, private medical insurance and a company car or car allowance

Cons

Got called just under two weeks later to say I've got the job. Had an induction at Leeds for 4 hours. Then started the job in my store.

RSS Feed </> Embed