Superior Bancorp

Add Photos

Stan Bailey

Overview

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsFull of experienced, good people.

ConsSenior management is out of touch with poor communication skills. Major overhaul needed desperately.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost of you guys need to go.

A Nightmare To Work For.

Operations (Former Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsThis was a good company to work for before Superior Bank bought them out.

ConsManagement was only interested in protecting their jobs and salaries. Employees with any knowledge of banking and accompanying regulations were laid off, fired or pressured to quit . Unbelievable bullying and backstabbing were daily occurrences. I was told by senior management that my manager was not hired to know my job and how it worked, but was hired to simply manage me. I was pulled aside and told not to give any help or info to FDIC the night they took over the bank.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should have went to jail.

The most misrable job I have ever had

Head Teller (Current Employee)

ProsThe pay was ok, the hours are bank hours so having weekends & paid holidays off were good

ConsManagement had no clue about banking, was arbritary in rules, one day you were to do one thing & the next day the thing they said to do was not to be done. ( sometimes the rules changed by the hour) No positive feedback, it is always negitive. I would call this work place at best hostile. Micro mnagers for no reason, Managers looked for reasons to harrass & embarrase you in front of customers & other staff. All friendly & kind to the customers but the employees were treated terribly.When customers asked about the stability of bank they were lied to & told everything was great.
    6 months after I left, bank was taken over by FDIC.
    Branches burn thru the head teller/tellers.High turnover
    Call nights were a joke, staff was supposed to stay late to call customers but management lied to Senior managers & everyone left @ closing time.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonest hardworking frontline staff needs to be treated with respect & given feedback for positive as well as areas that need improvement. Managers need to be trained to be managers & not just cross sell, cross sell, cross sell. The cross selling actions would be more productive if staff was happy in the job. Its really hard to sell something for someone when all you hear is how awful you are doing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Waste of time and a company

Loan Officer (Former Employee)

ProsThey have great vacation hours that you don't have to accrue for a year, they pay for your mileage....sometimes.

ConsThey don't train you very well, they HATE when you ask questions about how to do something after your training period ends, (they also keep track of it...) they expect you to do a job that in a normal bank requires 3-5 people, they don't tell you when you do something wrong, they talk about you behind your back, they make you feel good about working for the company for about 6 months then they take everything in your "file" and stab you in the back turning it into a way to "let you go" rather than lay you off because the company is about to go under and they don't want to give any evidence that maybe they are "letting you go" because of something they did and not necessarily something you did.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are why your company is still running and you're not being indicted, Maybe you should think about treating them better, A company is much more productive if the employees have something to feel proud about and believe in what they are selling.

Terrible and demeaning

Teller (Former Employee)

ProsNone. Well maybe the customers you meet.

ConsI was hired on as a teller with the promises of moving up. I have a Bachelor degree in Finance as well as 4 years of banking experience. They promised me that it would be temporary that I was on the teller line and would definitly be promoted. I had not worked on the teller line in over 3 years but the positions they were talking about giving me after a few months I thought it would be perfect. They gave me good pay but after I was there for 2 weeks (training) they cut my hours and pay! The upper management treats as if your less than them. I stayed there for a year and the entire time I was there I asked to be trained, to help and they didn't do any of it. I wanted more and I should have stayed at my previous job. I should have never left the job I had to come to superior. It was the dumbest mistake I have ever made!

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees. Treat them with respect. My assistant branch manager had never worked in banking. I had more experience than she did and she had to ask me questions. There is something wrong with that. They lied about everything they told me in the interview.

Worked for Superior Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!