Superior Energy

Be The First To
Add Photos

Superior Energy CEO and Director David D. Dunlap

David D. Dunlap

Great company but leadership has no clue of what's going on.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsGood pay, benefits, work environment. Office space was very nice and the company provided Monday lunch was a great perk.

ConsSome managers seem to not know their jobs. Company policies are not handed down and certain information has to be found on your own and sometimes by surprise

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the on boarding of new hires. Ensure that persons that are put into management positions have experience and can do the jobs of those that they are to manage.

Decent Company

Regional Manager (Former Employee) Lafayette, LA

ProsGood Benefits, Good Pay, Good Work-Famliy ratio

ConsSome employees are treated differently

Used and Abused

Lead Rigger/Deck Foreman (Former Employee) Bellingham, WA

ProsGood pay, Good Promises and most of all Good deceivers

ConsI worked 120+hrs weeks with no OT no benefits for months with no breaks... When we complained to upper management about no benefits or training we all lost our jobs via email during Christmas... Management was a revolving door with no true direction..

Advice to Senior Managementkeep your word and show integrity...

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Friendly, good attitude.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay. Many classes available.

ConsHard to be promoted. Cliques prevalent.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize the hard workers.

interview and received job offer-but declined

Field Service Technician (Current Employee)

Prosmaybe slightly above average wages

Consvery expensive benefits Health Insurance for a $1000 deductible is $330 per month. That means that your wage is reduced over $2/hour . Obama-Care is cheaper for the same coverage and most other energy field employers are under $100 per month.

Great workers, incompetent leadership

Assistant District Service Manager (Current Employee) Yancey, TX

ProsFor the workers there is usually at least 60+ hours a week to work. The work trains you enough to allow you to work elsewhere. H2S, DD4, First Aid and SafeLand is always required - also allows ability to laterally transfer, liberally which allows one to slip out to another department if your is not working very well. Comms is expanding rapidly and is working fairly well.

Cons20 years behind in computing and employee to employee communication technology - very poor advisors for employee tech. Computer techs are small minded/short sighted, hiring is handled very well by 3rd party but it is SLOW, does not allow for rapid reactions.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo comment, Superior Energy is cleaning house as needed - and it's needed.

Indifferent to career advancement among several other nonsense.

Field Engineer (Current Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsNone that I have seen so far.

ConsThere is absolutely no training program. The current manager is a micro managing old school dimwit who lives in the 70's. The management has no clue what to do or how to take care of its employees. No matter how good or bad you may be, you are treated indifferently. The management will throw you where your services are unnecessary and completely thankless about it. There is so much interdepartmental hatred, it is not even funny. Field engineers are the least respected or cared individuals in this company. Beware ! Oh by the way all this for the lowest pay among any service companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit and let the people with modern ideas and knowledge of computers to run the business. The field engineers are the management of tomorrow, show them some respect and take care of them. If not, get ready for a high attrition rate in the near future !

HP Rentals Superior Energy

House Keeper (Current Employee) Alvin, TX

ProsGood company and benefits. The HP Rentals devision of Superior Energy is not so.

ConsLot of work and terrible pay for housekeepers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay the House keepers more!

Don't Waste Your Time in Slickline

Slickline (Current Employee) Broussard, LA

ProsThe manager has a funny story about a cucumber that everyone seems to talk about... other than that none.

ConsEveryone is quitting, took bonuses, no incentives to work over, have to beg to rises and when you do it is "crap" , seems that you have to be in the "click" to stay working... the whole buddy buddy thing is horrible, they give you sick/personal days but at the same time tell you can't take them just anytime you want ... same goes for vacation ( like trying to put some vacation time on a week that you haven't worked much.. and the biggest thing ... they act like your best friend when you are around and if you not in their little "click" they talk behind your back ( and not work related) . Myself, I am not there to make friends, I am there to work and do my job. Seems they have a problem with that!

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to completely rethink how you treat employees

Good People to work with

Engineer (Current Employee) Broussard, LA

ProsGood stabile work place, growing in the land market.

ConsSmaller divisions are not allowed to grow, we seems to take a back seat to the bigger divisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll divisions are in need of growth.

Worked for Superior Energy? Contribute to the Community!