Superior Health Plan

Updated January 18, 2015
Updated January 18, 2015
2.8

Tom Wise

I loved working here and already miss it!

Former Employee - Project Coordinator I and Auditor in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator I and Auditor in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Superior Health Plan full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This was a company that had lots of work for us to do and we felt very accomplished when doing it. I can't say enough good things about my coworkers and my manager. They were amazing people and I left with a heavy heart that I was leaving something great behind. One of the reasons I did leave was because I am in a field that would work better at the main corporate level and I would have had more opportunities there than at the San Antonio branch. Their main corporate was in St. Louis Mo and I cant leave my beloved SA. Superior did have good benefits and I was able to purchase stock and invest in their 401k plan. They have a very good website that shows everything in a snapshot that is easy to navigate. HR was very helpful! I also had the Health Savings Account and I set aside funds in a pretax childcare account. We started to get very nice bonuses. I also loved my team and our dynamics. We got along well and together got things done! I could trust them all to do their portion and help out if we needed it. We also did a lot of potlucks and celebrations together. This company also had a tuition reimbursement plan that was for full time workers after a year that was in a field of study that benefited the company.

Cons

There were a few individuals that didn't fit the team that we had to go through. Sometimes there was unnecessary drama and I would just put on my headphones, ignore it and do my work in peace. Eventually, things would work themselves out and the right people stayed and the wrong ones left (and sadly, a few of the right ones left too). Although I was there for 2 years, there was lots of talk of changing our titles to a level II but it never happened. One manager even led us to believe the paperwork had been submitted and nothing came of it. He left and we got another manager who was a very good boss but we remained the same level. When I left, he was discussing moving us up to the next level of our jobs since we had proven ourselves. I hope my team gets it! I was dreading leaving this job but it was the right time with the birth of my child and getting my Masters degree.

I think the worse thing I encountered was sometimes we felt like we were up against the wall with deadlines. Everything was urgent and it took time to train people to get them up to speed to even help us. I have to praise my managers though because many times they fought back for us and extended some time to make our deadlines more realistic. We were given lots of over time and when those checks come in, those are very nice incentives.

Overall good company to work for

Current Employee - Provider Relations Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Provider Relations Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Superior Health Plan full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, great work-life balance, and great co-workers

Cons

low salary, limited advancement opportunities

Treated poorly they are non human

Former Employee - Referral Specialist in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Referral Specialist in Austin, TX

I worked at Superior Health Plan full-time (more than an year)

Pros

benefits and pay that's about it

Cons

the management is unreasonable want you to bend over backwards but when something like your five month old getting sick and the fact I was diagnosed with a brain disease is unacceptable to them. they are heartless no communication within the dept every thing always hectic do not work here

they need to be more understanding and treat their employee with respect the use people and dispose them

Much needed improvement

Current Employee - Service Coordinator in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Service Coordinator in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Superior Health Plan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunities for job advancement and relocation.

Cons

Current employees are not considered for open jobs. If so there is no pay increase. This policy needs to be revised.

Provide training for management on leadership. Remember to keep employees reviews private as well as their personal business.

Disorganized Company - If you are a great liar then you can manage here

I worked at Superior Health Plan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fairly easy job, generous amount of days off

Cons

disorganized management, let me rephrase that...everything is really disorganized. This company is run like a small business instead of a corporation. No raises or even COLA's. No room for advancement. This place, in my experience is a dead end job.

Make the company worthwhile to work for... Allow for raises or at least cost of living adjustments. Allow for various career paths that way your talent is not forced to go somewhere else. Stop hiring buffoons/baboons to manage your company.

I love working for this company

Current Employee - Pharmacy Coordinator in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Coordinator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Superior Health Plan full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Room for career development and growth. Awesome benefits, most available immediately, all available after 90 days.

Cons

Management is strict and completely by-the-book.

Treat your staff equally.