Superior Health Plan

Tom Wise

1. Superior Health Plan Review

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Superior Health Plan (More than 5 years)

Pros

The employees that you work with are friendly and easy going. They are stressed by management, but are pleasant to work with.

Cons

Management demands a lot of the employees, to the point where an employee will feel overworked, underpaid, and very under-appreciated. No help will be provided, attention to detail is not needed, just as long as its done.

Advice to Management

Pay employees their value, realize that employees are not machines, but people. Appreciate the employees more, or they will continue to leave for more promising jobs.

2. Too much overtime! Not enough money without overtime.

Current Employee - Referral Specialist I in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Referral Specialist I in Austin, TX

I have been working at Superior Health Plan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Health insurance benefits are offered once hired as a permanent employee

Pay can be satisfactory on pay periods with a lot of overtime and I would say overtime averages about 18 hours a week if you are put on one of the busy teams

You get an hour lunch each day if there is not a lot of work to be completed

The earliest you will start work is 6 am

Cons

You may work here 6 months to a year as a temp with a good track record before being hired as a permanent employee

Overtime is mandatory

It is not uncommon to work 20 hours mandatory overtime a week and days are usually between 11 and 12 hours long (not including your breaks)

If you miss a day, even when you call in sick the day before, that will count as an "occurrence" and it doesn't take a lot of occurrences to get fired.

If you are late by a minute, it is the same as missing half a day (half an "occurrence")

Management of teams can differ greatly and few policies seems to be clear enough to be universally understood the same way on each team

Each team performs duties that differ enough that it would be difficult to teach during your training, where people from all groups are put into one classroom. Resources given to team members when they join a team after training are poor at best. Once assigned to a team everyone is left asking their very busy team lead as many questions as they can before the team lead decides you have been there long enough to know everything and starts telling you to refer to the awful resources provided (about 2 weeks).

Advice to Management

Make sure that policy is uniform across all departments and that resources provided in all departments are adequate, free of errors, and inclusive of all knowledge needed for pod-specific tasks.

3. They will work you like a slave ,they don''t care if you have a personal life

Former Employee - Referral Specialist in Austin, TX

I worked at Superior Health Plan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people i worked with were awesome
    Job was easy
    Pay was good
    supervisors were great

Cons

Tons of OT , and short notices ..basically 30 minutes before the end of your shift
    a lot of favoritism
    changes constantly and not enough communication
    a lot of gossip ,rumors going around the office

Advice to Management

listen to your employees more ,their voice counts

5. It gave me the experience that may be used for other opportunities in in my career and greatly appreciate that the most

Former Employee - Pharmacy Coordinator in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Coordinator in Austin, TX

I worked at Superior Health Plan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, and benefits ,lots of work always provided to all the employees various shifts offered ,nice big parking lot always has security on site for your safety.

Cons

Never had I experienced a work place that had the EMS -ambulance taking persons ( staff ) away weekly.
    So yes a stressful environment

Advice to Management

Better communication with staff verbally instead of always sending memos, but need to stay focused on work , give the time needed to actually read the memo.

6. poorly managed

I worked at Superior Health Plan

Pros

If you don't want to think for yourself and only do exactly what you are told to do - even if incorrect or ethically wrong - then this is the company to work for. They will allow you to work overtime, in fact, I believe it is required.

Cons

Poorly managed. My assets were not utilized nor wanted.

Advice to Management

Better communication. Important changes were sent in a casual email and missed by 80% of the employees. I think face-to-face weekly meetings on Monday at 8 are needed to announce changes and explain the current goals and focus.

7. I loved working here and already miss it!

Former Employee - Project Coordinator I and Auditor in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator I and Auditor in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Superior Health Plan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This was a company that had lots of work for us to do and we felt very accomplished when doing it. I can't say enough good things about my coworkers and my manager. They were amazing people and I left with a heavy heart that I was leaving something great behind. One of the reasons I did leave was because I am in a field that would work better at the main corporate level and I would have had more opportunities there than at the San Antonio branch. Their main corporate was in St. Louis Mo and I cant leave my beloved SA. Superior did have good benefits and I was able to purchase stock and invest in their 401k plan. They have a very good website that shows everything in a snapshot that is easy to navigate. HR was very helpful! I also had the Health Savings Account and I set aside funds in a pretax childcare account. We started to get very nice bonuses. I also loved my team and our dynamics. We got along well and together got things done! I could trust them all to do their portion and help out if we needed it. We also did a lot of potlucks and celebrations together. This company also had a tuition reimbursement plan that was for full time workers after a year that was in a field of study that benefited the company.

Cons

There were a few individuals that didn't fit the team that we had to go through. Sometimes there was unnecessary drama and I would just put on my headphones, ignore it and do my work in peace. Eventually, things would work themselves out and the right people stayed and the wrong ones left (and sadly, a few of the right ones left too). Although I was there for 2 years, there was lots of talk of changing our titles to a level II but it never happened. One manager even led us to believe the paperwork had been submitted and nothing came of it. He left and we got another manager who was a very good boss but we remained the same level. When I left, he was discussing moving us up to the next level of our jobs since we had proven ourselves. I hope my team gets it! I was dreading leaving this job but it was the right time with the birth of my child and getting my Masters degree.

Advice to Management

I think the worse thing I encountered was sometimes we felt like we were up against the wall with deadlines. Everything was urgent and it took time to train people to get them up to speed to even help us. I have to praise my managers though because many times they fought back for us and extended some time to make our deadlines more realistic. We were given lots of over time and when those checks come in, those are very nice incentives.

Most disappointing job ever

Former Employee - Service Coordinator in Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - Service Coordinator in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Superior Health Plan

Pros

Good pay. Great potential

Cons

Disorganized, poor communication, very poor training and orientation locally.

Advice to Management

Provide onsite orientation and shadow/mentoring. Develop a local training/orientation process that has a schedule. New employees are given the feeling that they are not welcome and an inconvenience. No schedule if what to expect. Expected to be available to go out of town for training without previous planning. Employees should arrive and be given an overview of the company and what their schedule as well as expectations. Most of the new employees I encountered came from out of town and we're not given any instructions or sche due of events so they could make arrangements at home. I was sent out to do assessments with minimal orientation or training then had to redo because of errors.

9. Overall good company to work for

Current Employee - Provider Relations Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Provider Relations Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Superior Health Plan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, great work-life balance, and great co-workers

Cons

low salary, limited advancement opportunities

10. Treated poorly they are non human

I worked at Superior Health Plan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

benefits and pay that's about it

Cons

the management is unreasonable want you to bend over backwards but when something like your five month old getting sick and the fact I was diagnosed with a brain disease is unacceptable to them. they are heartless no communication within the dept every thing always hectic do not work here

Advice to Management

they need to be more understanding and treat their employee with respect the use people and dispose them

11. Much needed improvement

Current Employee - Service Coordinator in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Service Coordinator in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Superior Health Plan full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunities for job advancement and relocation.

Cons

Current employees are not considered for open jobs. If so there is no pay increase. This policy needs to be revised.

Advice to Management

Provide training for management on leadership. Remember to keep employees reviews private as well as their personal business.

RSS Feed </> Embed