Superior Technical Resources

Updated Mar 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Graphic Artist

Graphic Designer (Former Employee)
Irving, TX

I worked at Superior Technical Resources as a contractor for less than a year

ProsThis company really gives you a chance to pick up some new skills while being placed. I would recommend anyone to work with them.

ConsI have no direct complaints with this company. I only wish they had more creative type positions. It seems they have mainly IT related jobs last time I checked.

they post REAL job!

San Jose, CA

I have been working at Superior Technical Resources

Prossubmitted resume after 3 days i got a call from recruiter then schedule 1:1 interview to (known company in silicon valley) passed the on site interview, did the background check, got the offer :-) Not too much hassle....

ConsContract and temporary position only. Their insurance options are incredibly expensive. I elected not to participate in their insurance option.

If you're going to go contract, do it with Superior.

Arlington, TX

I have been working at Superior Technical Resources

ProsFreedom. I felt like I wasn't bound by political pressures.

ConsNo growth, just money. Which is good to a certain point but at some point you just want more.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. It was a good company to contract for. The company always responded quickly to any issues or questions. Above and beyond.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Recruiter

Recruiter (Former Employee)
Irving, TX

I worked at Superior Technical Resources

ProsGood stepping stone for an entry level recruiter

ConsPoor management and leadership. Lack of appreciation to employees

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more selective in choosing management

Good Temp Job

Semiconductor Technician (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Superior Technical Resources

ProsSuperior has the contract for on semiconductor temporary positions. The people at ON are cool, unfortunately the company is moving manufacturing to Malaysia.

ConsTemporary only. A lot of people are going to be out of work. We should manufacture more in the states.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe should keep manufacturing in the states. We produce quality product. It is taking a long time for the fab in Malaysia to get up to speed.

Superior Technical Resources Clear Program Albany

Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee)
Albany, NY

I worked at Superior Technical Resources

ProsDecent pay and benefits were available for full time employees.

ConsBad communication, overall I was very unsatisfied with how I was treated and so was our entire staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more effectively with employees, treat them as people and not just numbers. After working almost 2 years we were all let go without any warning at all. There was no severance and I know that the higher ups most have known this was coming. Unfortunately we were all screwed over. Some of us found out that we were closing while at home by checking our website. There was no notice from anyone. The Superior Staffing managers we ok to deal with but there was no management of the project that we all worked on in Albany. It was a very horrible experience.

Worked as a contractor for Lockheed Martin

Systems / Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Owego, NY

I worked at Superior Technical Resources

ProsInterface with company rep was excellent. Salary was great. I wasn't expecting vacation and other benefits when I first considered a contract position.

ConsThere really are no downsides, other than temporary, contract employment. Although now-a-days a contract position is as safe as a full-time one.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe better communication of company status, both with the Superior and the contract placement.

First Entry

Electrical Engineer (Current Employee)
Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Superior Technical Resources

ProsThis was a great way to get your foot in the door with other big-name companies in the valley to see if you like the work environment and to get in touch with the right people for getting hired on regular full-time.

ConsAs always; being a contract employee has some risks involved, and in this economy, you could find yourself without work quickly. Also, you don't get 401k matching and as many holidays as the people that you work alongside.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Management needs more structure

Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee)

I worked at Superior Technical Resources full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat staffing agency with fast response time when finding a person a job. The pay a decent.

ConsThe staff is too interested with is going on with their employees that they visit very oftem. Kinda of like a "Big Brother". They ask other employees about you and people end up turning on each other. They promised a temp to hire position that never happened. This is a big con especially knowing that they get a cut of your hourly pay.

Poor pay, no room for advancement, and horrible executive management.

Recruiter (Former Employee)

I worked at Superior Technical Resources

ProsIndustry experience in staffing and contract recruiting can help you get a better job. Good place for a beginning recruiter to learn. Hard working coworkers and teams.

ConsPrivately owned and family operated. Heavy nepotism- Owner, CEO, and Vice President are all related. Little chance for advancement beyond recruiting. Poor hourly pay. Commission structure disproportionally favors the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany should be sold, or made public. The executive inner-circle should be fired. A complete reimaging and rebranding campaign should take place. Training should be standardized and incorporated across the whole company. Retool commission structure, and offer better hourly rates/benefits.

Worked for Superior Technical Resources? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Superior Technical Resources reviews and ratings. All 27 reviews posted anonymously by Superior Technical Resources employees.