Supermedia

Supermedia Reviews

Updated Jul 12, 2014

Supermedia CEO Peter J. McDonald

Peter J. McDonald

Pros
  • Benefits are good, commission not bad and my co-workers are great(in 41 reviews)

• Great working conditions, tops in pay and benefits(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Fighting the perception that the print yellow pages are no longer viable(in 38 reviews)

• Upper management takes care of themselves - no loyalty for those of us who have been loyal(in 18 reviews)

Good Company, Great people

Media Consultant (Former Employee) Bensalem, PA

ProsGreat health benefits, great reimbursements, amazing co-workers, job is easy if you work hard, and put in a solid 40+ hours a week.

ConsI know no sales job has zero stress but man, they micro manage everything here. If something doesn't work right away, they completely change the strategy, and continue too until they realize they should've just stuck with the first plan of attack.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop letting go of good sales people, there is a high turn around there. It doesn't have to be like that. They rely too much on $$$ from the phone book. Get over it and just focus on the web products. Also stop using vendors for web products, that's how we lost 90% of our clients because people in India and Bangladesh screwed up fulfillment on our products. Bring in in house

RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN

Media Consultant (Former Employee) Piscataway, NJ

ProsMet some nice people and had good benefits

ConsEverything else.....The products stink, management has NO clue what they are doing, salespeople are micromanaged like I have never seen, sales managers are unethical, lying conniving bunch of SOBs, they constantly lower commissions, yet top management takes six figure bonuses for a company sinking 25 % annually.

Advice to Senior ManagementRESIGN because you are a totally incompetent bunch

NA

Account Manager (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsGreat Pay - Fun place

ConsThese people are such liars and have no morals

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Had a great run, but unfortunately the company is on a downward spiral. Lay off haven now.

Media Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits. Some really good products. If you are really lucky you will get a manager that is great (I was lucky)

ConsMicro managed, products are rolled out that do not work. The customer is not taken into consideration only the product of the day. Too much internal bickering within the different departments creating poor customer service. Some managers are just cruel.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to sales they are on the front line and know what our clients want. Stop management by intimidation. Stop forcing products down our clients throat, this is the reason for the continual loss of business.

Start looking elsewhere today!

ProsFlexible schedule as long as you don't tick off or ever disagree with your manager. If you do point out a flaw in a product, watch your back.

ConsToo many people just trying to keep their jobs rather than trying to build a company brand and improve product performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop making everyone's life miserable. You aren't here for the long haul and you are driving the company into the toilet. Everyone knows you are only here until you get your millions of dollars buyout of your contract. After that, we will be left with horrible moral and a brand that 80% of employees are not proud to represent.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Not a nice place to work.

Media Consultant (Former Employee) Hell, MI

ProsVery good pay plan compared to competition

ConsManagement just throws things at the wall and hopes they stick. They have no real idea of what clients need. The joke by the salespeople is "What's the flavor for the month."They place unrealistic expectations on the sales force.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake your golden parachutes and get out.

Most employees that work here are great people and everything about the company is not all bad.

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsThe employees that work at Supermedia work hard at their jobs. The company provides paid training before you start the job. 401k with a match.

ConsThe merge with Dex One doesn't seem to be going smooth. Many lay offs and cut backs. overall office environment is not a positive one. Many discouraging and frustrating days because of paperwork and internal operations.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't say one thing and do another.

I learned a lot at Supermedia but had to take initiative to learn it. My manager was very intrical in my success there.

Internet Media Consultant (Current Employee) Bensalem, PA

ProsDescent Salary, benefits, equipment, commission structure

ConsThings change like the wind. This was the most change I've experienced in one year anywhere

Advice to Senior ManagementI think they are trying to figure it all out but I think some are arrogant. I didn't have a lot of hands on with much of upper management but I know they were going through a lot of transition. They need to figure it out because the company is bleeding badly.

Media Consultant and past manager.

Premise Media Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsPay is reasonable. Most products are beneficial. Trying to convert to a digital company.

ConsOver half of the business is centered around selling Verizon Yellow Page products. Yellow Page products are on the outs. The new merger with DEX is a step in survival. There is no feeling of warmth working for this Corporation. Very stressful and callus place to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should asses your employees career contrabutions as a whole not just one bad year.

Financially rewarding, but personally unfulfilling due to poor performing products and dissatisfied clients.

Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGood pay, commissions and benefits. Many employees with tenure. The company is loyal to keeping their people long term.

ConsLack if innovation on new products and technological advancement. Poor client service management resultng in having to work with unhappy clients day in and day out. Because the comapny is loyal to folks whom have come from the yellow page industry, the organization is run like it was when we were primarily selling print yellow pages. The retention of digital products is very poor which results in a constant churn of new clients. Very little and poor recognition for the sales teams who excel.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the digital product set so that they deliver better results to our clients. Loyalty is nice, but it is contributing to sinking the company due to lack of new ideas and old fashioned threat management of employees. Get out of the ivory tower, quit passing the ball, get on the street, and understand your people, and client issues.

Worked for Supermedia? Contribute to the Community!