Supertex

www.supertex.com

Supertex Reviews

Updated Jun 25, 2014

Henry C. Pao

Ok place to work for. Good people

Finance (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

Prosgood teamwork, good work life balance

Conspoor benefits , no growth, lunch room not adequate

A company good for all age employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsA small company but people here are very nice and friendly.

ConsNo job growth, no company party, very old computers.
    One guy asked the HR for break time, sorry for him, because he did not know that HR has a badge can access the lobby and they can in and out (go to bank or get coffee) without effect theirs attendance. And, do you believe? HR manager even ask hers co-worker badge-in in the mornings, in order to get 8 hours a day.

Advice to Senior Managementcompany uses the time card system to control the employees and employees find the way to against the policy.

Good place to start career

Design Engineer (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsGood exposure over complete product cycle.
    Can interact with all the groups.

ConsDon't have work from home option

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to recruit more

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

pretty good place to work

Engineer (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

Prosgood work-life balance
    management will listen, open door policy
    professional co-workers.
    coworkers tend to get along well. Not much drama or office politics.
    fun place to work, lots of different things to do each day, never a boring day
    latest equipment and software

Consno company-wide party or lavish expenditures.
    building and offices are a bit old. Ceiling drips when it rains.
    You gotta pay for snacks yourself

Advice to Senior ManagementRunning out of space...would be nice to build a new building :)

Run fast as your can

Anonymous (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsGood people but will not get you far

ConsOutdated building...computers...members. I would never work for an outdated company again.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some money for new equipments!

Worst company that you'll ever work for

Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsThe CFO is a real nice guy
    Matching 401k
    Most of the people here are pretty nice and professional
    Not really much else

ConsThis is probably the worst company that you will ever work for. Super cheap company. Unless you are way up on the food chain or in the design department you'll be given a computer that barely works, this includes if you are working in the manufacturing fab as those computers barely run at all. When I started working here my keyboard had green stains on it *yuck* I demanded a new one right away which I'm surprised that I got. Computers barely works, printer barely works, Internet is super slow, no company address book in Outlook. Some stories that I've heard about the higher ups:

-got upset when someone in purchasing ordered post-it notes
    -goes around after people have left to see if they left their computer on, if you do apparently he tells the IT dept and will "get you in trouble"
    -monitors the amount of toilet paper used<- yes seriously

No safety training given to me before going into the fab, is that even legal?

You have to clock in and out when you leave the building even if it is for breaks. I got in trouble with my boss since my timecard always showed arund 7hrs 30min or so. Why did it show less than 8 hours? Well I go on breaks and drive in between offices. My incompetent boss said that the time spent driving in between buildings doesn't count as time paid as "just like you don't get paid driving to work" I asked HR about this and she was completely clueless. I asked about time for breaks that should be paid and her reply was "Well that's why I don't leave the building for breaks anymore." O ya, and by the way I was a salaried employee and not hourly so I have no idea why they have everyone doing timecards.

Company has a matching 401k but takes out way too much for benefits. For the HMO plan, vision and dental they would take almost $200 out monthly.

And as far as the company culture and activities, there are none. There is no holiday party ever. No company get togethers other than monthly birthday luncheons for certain departments which you have to pay for anyways so I never went. They have a small workout room which apparently they received for free. They won't tell you about this unless you ask them.

I plan on leaving this "company" early next year

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some money to upgrade the archaic computers and printers. This isn't a third world country. Also treat your employees better.

Good place to start career

Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsWork environment, Helpful and competent managers, Challenging work, Location

ConsBenefits not great, Limited product range

ok to start the career

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsEasy to interact with other groups

ConsLess salary, no job growth, no appreciation

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to hire more people.

They will not push you/overwork you, but you will not get paid a lot either. But overall good work-life balance.

Engineer (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsLots to learn it is hands on work. Small company so more responsibility.

ConsToo small a market. Company growth is limited. But is leader in it's market.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf the company wishes to become big, it will have to pay like the big companies too, otherwise hiring will be difficult.

Worked for Supertex? Contribute to the Community!