Supplemental Health Care

Supplemental Health Care Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Supplemental Health Care President & CEO Janet Elkin

Janet Elkin

Pros
  • Great benefits such as 401(k) match, PTO, health insurance, pet insurance, and even discounts on hotels(in 5 reviews)

• They believe in assisting their employees with a healthy work/life balance(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no cons to working for this company(in 4 reviews)

• Misleading upper management and lack of company team building events(in 4 reviews)

Compliance and Administrative Coordinator

Compliance Assistant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsOffice environment was very close. I felt we were all friends and could communicate very well together. We supported each other to be successful with the goals we were given to achieve. We had very strong leadership and even with several offices across the country you were a name not a number.

ConsSometimes the computer program used by the company was difficult to work with slowed progress.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour understanding of work-life balance was noted.

Well structured company

Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe structure of Supplemental Healthcare is great. You have all that you need to succeed. The company builds most of it's internal solutions- IT, training, etc. So that creates opportunities for movement within. Also, management does truly exercise and open-door policy. Your concerns (if any) will always be heard.

ConsThe industry itself is subject to inconsistency. Also, the structure in place will only excel if you have the right people on your team. The teamwork nature of the job is essential. The incorrect team mix can be hard on an individual who personally excels.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe focus on numbers (revenue) is of course important. It's how employees keep their jobs. However, I would love if there was more continual process strategy happening. The industry is very inconsistent, but performance quotas are not. I think a more strategic look at specific situations will help managers initiate better plans. As it stands, management instructs to increase "productivity" numbers that may not necessarily be the value-added effort to solve a problem. I just think management gives process improvement answers too quickly, not allowing time to truly assess issues to come up with the best quality solutions.

Very supportive staff

Register Nurse (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThey have been supportive on providing a positive work enviorment

Consnot always aware of the work stress that is given to contract nurses

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep being supportive of your nurses and listen to compliants

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a good place to work

Physical Therapist (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsRecruiter seemed to care at least initially , later not so much.

ConsContracts and/or job assignment frequently cancelled because found "other help" (no reflection on me),very undependable. Contingent contracts mean nothing here.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at your recruiters more carefully. Signed contracts dismissed (again, no reflection on me because I've never worked for them!) and now I've already declined other job offers. What's going on here? Time to leave.

Supplemental Is an OK Place for a Recruiter

Staffing Manager (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsPay is good. Management prods you in the back to succeed constantly so some profit generation can be expected if you're a good recruiter.

ConsThey use and abuse people. Churn through the masses, and micromanage from the top down. You don't need to deal with that.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micromanaging and hiring jerks.

Not for me!

Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) DFW, TX

ProsSome of management is approachable and easy to get along with

ConsComprehensive training could have been better. Training is lengthy but not interactive enough.
    Work -life balance could be better.

Recruiting Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat bonus structure. Fun people to work with. Fast paced environment

ConsFamily insurance was pretty expensive.

unability to support

Agency RN (Former Employee)

Prosfriendly, job assignments good,lots of laughing in background

ConsCasual attitude of staff, mostly re: call backs No help with housing.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease have personell return phone calls,and voice mail to assure nursing needs are met.

Revolving Door

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInternal office staff was always a great group of folks. They valued family/personal time, which was refreshing. Corporate HR, including payroll was always exceptionally helpful and should be valued.

ConsThings were constantly changing. People came and went, and it was not always due to a poor hire. Some upper management was down right patronizing and highly unprofessional. It seemed that these were the "leaders" that continued to get promoted. Just because you can drive revenue doesn't give you a free pass to disparage others- especially publicly.

Advice to Senior ManagementMotivate through positive feedback and encouragement, not through fear. Take a good look at who you have in place in management, and hold them as accountable as you do everyone else. Until this happens, I cannot recommend this company to anyone I care about.

Fortune 500 company with a down-to-earth, small business atmosphere

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsUpper management and employees made working there very enjoyable. Everyone is very helpful, and will do whatever they can to help you succeed. The President & CEO is normally one of the first people in the company to congratulate employees on new accomplishments; whether you are a tenured, salaried manager, or an hourly new-grad. There aren't enough companies out there that are ran with the integrity, morals, and ethics that this company exercises. Health insurance benefits and paid-time off are excellent with this company also.

ConsThis is a medical staffing company, so maintaining a consistently high revenue in billable hours of external employees is integral to future advancement and growth within the company. If you are competitive and have a nac for sales, this is a great place to work. If you don't enjoy sales, this company may not be the best fit for you, as most positions are performance and result-driven.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage more open feedback from employees when their sales slip. Collaborate with them to develop new and more effective strategies to consistently reach sales goals, rather than threatening to put them on a performance plan (termination) after a month or two of declined sales.

Worked for Supplemental Health Care? Contribute to the Community!