Supplemental Health Care

Supplemental Health Care Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2014

Supplemental Health Care President & CEO Janet Elkin

Janet Elkin

Pros:
  • "They believe in assisting their employees with a healthy work/life balance"
    in 3 reviews
  • "They do a good job of providing perks financial and otherwise to celebrate great performance"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "There are no cons to working for this company"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Career advancement opportunities are limited in some cities"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Fortune 500 company with a down-to-earth, small business atmosphere

Dallas, TX

I worked at Supplemental Health Care full-time for more than a year

ProsUpper management and employees made working there very enjoyable. Everyone is very helpful, and will do whatever they can to help you succeed. The President & CEO is normally one of the first people in the company to congratulate employees on new accomplishments; whether you are a tenured, salaried manager, or an hourly new-grad. There aren't enough companies out there that are ran with the integrity, morals, and ethics that this company exercises. Health insurance benefits and paid-time off are excellent with this company also.

ConsThis is a medical staffing company, so maintaining a consistently high revenue in billable hours of external employees is integral to future advancement and growth within the company. If you are competitive and have a nac for sales, this is a great place to work. If you don't enjoy sales, this company may not be the best fit for you, as most positions are performance and result-driven.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage more open feedback from employees when their sales slip. Collaborate with them to develop new and more effective strategies to consistently reach sales goals, rather than threatening to put them on a performance plan (termination) after a month or two of declined sales.

Revolving Door

I worked at Supplemental Health Care full-time

ProsInternal office staff was always a great group of folks. They valued family/personal time, which was refreshing. Corporate HR, including payroll was always exceptionally helpful and should be valued.

ConsThings were constantly changing. People came and went, and it was not always due to a poor hire. Some upper management was down right patronizing and highly unprofessional. It seemed that these were the "leaders" that continued to get promoted. Just because you can drive revenue doesn't give you a free pass to disparage others- especially publicly.

Advice to Senior ManagementMotivate through positive feedback and encouragement, not through fear. Take a good look at who you have in place in management, and hold them as accountable as you do everyone else. Until this happens, I cannot recommend this company to anyone I care about.

Staffing Manager

Staffing Manager (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

I worked at Supplemental Health Care full-time for more than a year

ProsMatch on 401k, training, corporate leadership

ConsNo support at the local office, unorganized, caddy, two faced, fake, gossip environment, unprofessional, pay is extremely low, very administrative, lack of team environment, poor leadership, high turnover, unhappy clients, not enough work for talent

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be more aware of who you have leading your offices, seems like a great company but some local offices do not stack up to ICARE!

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not for me

I worked at Supplemental Health Care

ProsReally nice people, good client base,

ConsDirective can tend to change sporadically and I did not feel it was open to discussion

Great for a time, then a major decline

Occupational Therapist (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care full-time for more than a year

Pros-good hourly rate
-very flexible
-get try out different facilities

Cons-no PTO unless you have just an average hourly rate
-must be available 6 days a week when on guarantee (and willing to drive anywhere)
-no jobs, no work, no money

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees well, be loyal to them and they will be loyal to you.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

SHC is a supportive, rewarding organization that promotes superior performance delivery.

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care full-time

ProsThey offer superb training and support. They pay well and the benefits are second to none. It is a positive organization and enjoys an outstanding reputation in the healthcare staffing industry.

ConsI can't think of anything other than opportunities for advancement. Although, I was promoted two years ago!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. Our CEO is a warm, kind-hearted leader that really listens to the company voice.

Average- good company with areas that could improve.

Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care full-time for more than a year

ProsBenefits are pretty good (better than the competitors) and coworkers are enjoyable.

ConsNot enough advancement opportunities. Outside of revenue generating positions (sales and staffing) there is little to no opportunity to move up. The structure of the support positions could be improved (i.e. who they report to). There should be a way for ALL employees to attend the annual 100+ club. Being in a support position would be much more rewarding if there was an incentive. (Other positions get bonused on placements while those who actually work on the files get nothing- which means during busy cycles, an 8 hour work day is not enough time for everything. Unfortunately there is no incentive to complete all of the necessary work, other than for your own personal satisfaction of not failing).

Advice to Senior ManagementGive all employees the same treatment. Whether it be staffing, administrative, or office support positions, all of them need incentives. Non revenue positions make the revenue positions possible.

incredible environment for development and personal growth

Senior Market Manager (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care full-time for more than 8 years

ProsPay, the atmosphere, the daily challenge to self improve

Consnot enough time in the day!

AWESOME COMPANY!!!

Staffing Manager (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care full-time for less than a year

ProsThe people are the reason why I work here, everyone is professional and friendly, the atmosphere and being around wonderful team of professionals who love their job is great!! The incentives to do better and reach goals challenges me to be the best I can at my job. The value and beliefs on how we treat our employees and clients are amazing.

ConsLong-hours on call nights doesn't help with work/life balance.

A Company that Executes it's Values Each and EveryDay

I have been working at Supplemental Health Care full-time for more than a year

ProsStrategic Planning from the Top to adjust to our ever changing industry

ConsSalary Compensation is not the best in our industry - you have to pay for the best to KEEP the best!

Worked for Supplemental Health Care? Contribute to the Community!

Supplemental Health Care Videos

Supplemental Health Care – Why Work for Us?

Supplemental Health Care was founded on March 15, 1984, originally created to give healthcare organizations access to traveling psychiatric and operating room nurses and technicians. Since that time, we have… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Supplemental Health Care reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Supplemental Health Care CEO Janet Elkin . All 88 reviews posted anonymously by Supplemental Health Care employees.