SupportSpace

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tomer Magid

Remote Support Contractor

Independent Technology Expert (Former Employee)

I worked at SupportSpace as a contractor for more than a year

ProsSet own schedule, decent pay

ConsOnly had one major contract which they lost, so business dried up.

Advice to Senior ManagementScreen experts better, I wasn't even interviewed. Some of my fellow "experts" appeared to have about a 5th grade education and couldn't even speak proper English. Allowing these people to service customers of your biggest client was a major mistake in my opinion. A simple phone interview would have allowed you to see what kind of impression these experts would present. If you don't believe me you can "axe" Best Buy as I am sure they would have never considered putting the people that you did in contact with customers.

Fun while it lasted.

I worked at SupportSpace

ProsIt was a great way to earn money when it was busy.

ConsIt is essentially dead since they lost their biggest client and not much work to be found with them anymore.

Syhjygyhupport

I worked at SupportSpace as a contractor for more than a year

ProsGood idea, good company to work for from a tech perspective.

ConsAvailability of decision makers...it seems as if one person is not available then nothing can happen. Communication can be better on many fronts.

Support Space could use a lot of work

I worked at SupportSpace part-time

Prosset your own schedule, good pay when you get to reasonable customers

Consmanagement and HR were terrible

Advice to Senior Managementpay attention to your techs

My experience was bitter sweet

Atlanta, GA

I worked at SupportSpace as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsPretty good pay since it was 100% commission, Flexible working hours and schedule, Weekend incentive for resolving cases

ConsHorrible communication, Horrible management, They don't give enough notice before a policy is implemented, no incentive for extra hours spent on an issue, poor workbench training crash course,

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is key and hire people that know their job, also don't make one company your major client

In trouble now, they lost their contract with geeksquad which is where the money a tech could make was at

I worked at SupportSpace as a contractor for more than a year

ProsMake your own hours. If you could repair 5+ computers at a time and did, you made more money than you knew what to do with.

ConsA lot of experts would complain in the IRC chat (which is the con) that they had no clients sent to them while others were bogged with endless calls, it was biased based on ability (which is a pro). People were "decerted" and not allowed to take more calls with an off with your head type style, which left every tech nervous. They had so many techs, so many incoming calls, so much work to figure out who was cheating the system and who deserved to be paid that sometimes innocent experts had to wait for pay or were blocked from some pay needlessly. Geek Squad is gone now. There were top techs who acted like they walked on water and tortured some of the techs who were "newbies" and were not at a superior level of IT.

Advice to Senior ManagementI understand the business is pretty much dead. To bring it back either go with contracting "newbies" for less pay to maintain contracts or only ones with a superior level in IT and pay the large payouts you did in 2011, 2012. We both know the experts who are complaining do not realize that other companies pay $9-11/hr for twice the work needing done and you were rare in that you paid very well in comparison. The experts will see reality soon after job hunting and wish Support Space was still an option.

Worst company EVER.

San Francisco, CA

I worked at SupportSpace as a contractor for more than a year

ProsWork at home. Work in underwear, robe, naked, etc. Make people happy.

ConsWork all day. Some jobs didn't pay. Supportspace doesn't communicate. Since loss of major partner there is NO work to complete. Supportspace doesn't push its own brand.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would have been nice to know we were losing the largest support contract we had BEFORE we lost it. Communicate. Communicate. Communicate. Also, try paying your experts and company partners. Push the S2 brand publicly and stop expecting the experts to do all the dirty work, from advertising to delivery.

remote computer support contractor.

Remote Computer Contractor (Former Employee)

I worked at SupportSpace full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe money is easy and that is absolutely the only reason I would recommend it. They've since lost the bulk of their work from their largest partner, so I wouldn't go work their now. At one time though, it was a place to make some quick easy cash.

ConsThey'll block your pay if you didn't follow their 'policies' which change daily without warning. Management threatens to let you go over ever little thing. Their corporate atmosphere needs improving.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some management classes,

Poor partnerships

Remote Support Tech (Current Employee)

I have been working at SupportSpace as a contractor for more than 8 years

Proswork whenever you wanted okay pay. You get what you put in

ConsSupport Space put all its eggs in one basket only focuse on the partnership that makes the most money. Insted of looking at more partnerships.
When they lost Geeksquad it was the end they had no more partners for the contracts to make money. Meaning about 1000+ people had to find jobs. If you are going to work or be contracted with Support Space have a back up plan just in case.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more the one partnership that makes money. Having just one is not a good idea.

NIce but not the best

Remote Expert (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SupportSpace as a contractor for more than a year

Prosyou get to work from home spend time with family also you do get some easy calls friendly IRC

Conssome hard calls do come in very hard to get cutomers up and going

Advice to Senior Managementget better

Worked for SupportSpace? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SupportSpace reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SupportSpace CEO Tomer Magid . All 30 reviews posted anonymously by SupportSpace employees.