Suquamish Clearwater Casino Resort

Rich Purser

great place to work

Former Employee - Slot Supervisor in Suquamish, WA
    Former Employee - Slot Supervisor in Suquamish, WA

I worked at Suquamish Clearwater Casino Resort full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

great benefits and competitive salaries

Cons

very strict and can sometimes be like high school. A lot of gossip

listen to your employees. always have an open door policy.

False Promises

Current Employee - Proshop Clerk in Kingston, WA
    Current Employee - Proshop Clerk in Kingston, WA

I have been working at Suquamish Clearwater Casino Resort full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The hours are flexible, and you can make commission for selling some products.

Cons

The pay isn't great, and they promise to promote you but it will not happen, also over hire so nobody really gets any hours, so the staff becomes apathetic and for the workers there is a high turn around rate. most people are seasonal, and you will never be considered full-time even if you have overtime hours. If you have an issue with management they claim to have an open door policy, but then they retaliate using unfair business practices. None of your skills are easily transferable to any other job, since the software the company uses only has a specific purpose.

Replace the current shop managers.

I worked hard, with the utmost professionalism and perfect attendance only to be fired with no resort to explanation .

Former Employee - Bartender in Suquamish, WA
    Former Employee - Bartender in Suquamish, WA

I worked at Suquamish Clearwater Casino Resort

Pros

Benefits are excellent as well as the comraderie among co-workers, work is fairly diverse and you are kept basy, money is good.

Cons

The hierarchy of management is very political, uncaring and frankly out of touch with what is going on with you as a hard working, dedicated and honest worker.

If you decide to fire someone on the spot because of something questionable caught on security cameras you should give your employee a warning at least and give them recourse to explain the situation...all is not what it seems...extremely unfair after over 3 years of excellent performance on the job.

IT'S ALL ABOUT GREED! Port Madison Enterprises seeks to take the communities money as well as the employees.

Former Employee - Food and Beverage
    Former Employee - Food and Beverage

I worked at Suquamish Clearwater Casino Resort

Pros

I CAN'T THINK OF A SINGLE GOOD REASON TO WORK THERE. I really wish I could offer something up. Some of the other employees were very nice. The training portion is drawn out and everything is manipulated in a way so that they can take advanatbge of the employee. The extensive security and what not always makes you feel like you are something lower. It's very weird.

Cons

The bottom line is that Port Madison Enterprises seek cash flow and they will do whatever they want to get as much money as they can and they don't care! If that means adjusting your checks then so be it. If that means changing your hours without notice then so be it. You get the sens e they want you to feel scared all the time. They manage through fear.

Have a mind of your own would be ideal but I think by the time they reach a management level they are well in the pockets of the Port Madison Enterprises. Some very strange stuff going on there. Scary. I would suggest not manipulating people with fear. It's very clear that they are sucking the community for every dollar they have but then why the employees too? Scary place. Glad to be done.

Tribal Casinos are just a family business - and you're not family

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Suquamish Clearwater Casino Resort

Pros

good hours, fun place, good 401K lan

Cons

smokers, loud, bad management, very strick controls

Be fair and ethical to non-tribal members