Sur La Table Reviews in Phoenix, AZ

2.6

Sur La Table CEO Jack Schwefel
Jack Schwefel

Pros
  • Great discount on product once you are a full employee (in 37 reviews)

• It's a friendly place with great products, nice stores and you do get an employee discount (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • This allows for the middle management team to look favorably in the eyes of the upper management (in 17 reviews)

• Little to no training and big expectations for sales (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Nice place to work

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sur La Table

Pros

Good benefits for full time employees, nice bonus plan, paid vacation time, sick and personal days, flexible schedules, good tools to get the job done, great discounts

Cons

The plan isn't always shared till it's in action so then you have to recover and adapt to the new plan, but it's like that in most companies

make internal promotions easier, outside the company there are good people but the ones in the company are the ones who make you look great and deserve the chance to achieve a better position

Sur La Table

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Sur La Table

Pros

Good pay for a part-time retail job
    Easy work
    Laid-back management
    Good discount

Cons

No room for advancement
    Managers not loyal to employees
    A lot of lay-offs

Do not bring in new employees and then lay off all your current employees who are doing a great job

Best Retail Job I EVER Had

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Sur La Table

Pros

Overall, my Store Manager was the most professional, warm and dedicated person I have ever worked for. She had immense product knowledge, sense of humor and strict workmanship. We always wanted to excel for her due to her encouragement. Accolades (sp?) for our sales were constant. We were treated as though the store's business was our own business. We all stood for the Sur la Table value and brand because of the positive environment.

Cons

The ability to get a nominal pay increase was not available at the time. Must be a real hustler to work there - it is constantly busy and you are always on the move. Not really a con for many - but don't apply if you can't take constant business flow.

Offer just a tad more upper management incentive flow to the sales floor. Kudos were sent frequently, but maybe they should be addressed to the individual employee rather than to the store in general.

Worked for Sur La Table? Contribute to the Community!