SureSource

Updated August 1, 2014
Updated August 1, 2014
2.7

Mike Mullen

Generally good people, low pay

I worked at SureSource part-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked there for about six months doing customer service. The company's service is a good concept. Most of the other people at my level were good to work with. It's a young, growing company.

Cons

The company's sales concept is a good one, but most of the incoming calls are from dissatisfied customers, so being consistently nice can be tough after a while. Not much room for a hard-working but lower-level person to move up. Upper management does not take you very seriously.

Listen more to your service reps. They are a great source of information on your clients' experience of your service.

Great Experience

I worked at SureSource full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great group of people-- co-workers are great.

Cons

Small company not as many growth opportunities as with larger companies.

Please don't spoil your career working for this company the way I did

I have been working at SureSource full-time for more than a year

Pros

There use to be pros in the past where they use to give you bonuses once a year, somewhat match with 401k and raises but now the only pro is getting an ice cream once every other week in Summer, if you are into that then this is the job for you.

Cons

The management is one circle of friends who either went to the same school together or worked for the same company before joining Suresource, You will only get promoted if you are related to the management or are old friends with them. If you say anything that is not liked you will be fired of laid off and not even know what hit you. When you get hired you will feel like you are the only loved person on earth but once they get someone who knows the same as you and asked for a little less money than goodbye to you. They will save over anything, they go after the deals and don't care about any individual particularly, this is normal with most companies. The President himself use to be the director of Ecommerce and he has no background of Ecommerce, his background is in something else but because of the connections and friends around him he is where he is now, his name is Mike Mullen. In his position if this company has someone who knew what he was doing than this company would have been way way too far. their business model will not last, their stores are been taken away from them and soon this company will be forced to be acquired or will lay off workers like they do once every few months. Firing and laying off workers is something that goes on here every now and then and this can be confirmed by other employees like us who still work there.

Exercise some loyalty and put some people who have real skills in the higher management instead of puppets.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor leadership running business into the ground

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Shelton, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Shelton, CT

I have been working at SureSource full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Casual environment, business is interesting. Offices are pretty nice.

Cons

Pay is terrible, as are benefits. Morale is very low. Since founder left company a few years back new leadership has been steadily destroying the business by driving away good customers and employees.The president buddies up to his technical employees only and doesn't speak much to the rest of the company. Client needs are ignored until it's too late and many larger clients have left to be replaced by smaller less profitable ones that are higher maintenance. Revolving door of employees has become less talented over the years as the company looks to save money getting positions filled with anyone who will accept the low pay instead of qualified professionals with the right experience. Another reviewer points to HR as a pro - I would too if the dept wasn't just let go and outsourced.

Advice is for controlling investors to consider a change at the top, unless declining profits and morale is their goal

It is horrible. They should just close their doors!!!!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Shelton, CT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Shelton, CT

I have been working at SureSource full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I really can't see any pro's

Cons

Honestly, I really don't fill out reviews but I would love to help anyone that is planning on starting to work or doing business with Suresource. They recently had 3 rounds of layoffs and there is only about 30 reps left in the call center so it is EXTREMELY BUSY ALL THE TIME. You would think because of all the layoffs and being short staff they would make everyone stay available to assist with the primary goal of answering calls, but that's not true. In the call center there are a lot of "favorites" so some people can get away with things others can't and that's not fair. The coordinators never follow the same policy so depending on who you speak to they may have different answers or prompt you to do different things and you may get in trouble unless you say another person told you. Then that other person feels as though you are "throwing them under the bus." The management of the call center, is EXTREMELY RUDE to the staff and makes everyone uncomfortable when they have to speak to them. They fired almost everyone in the warehouse so orders take about 3-4 days to ship but we have to tell the customer 24-48 hours. They don't give us the necessary tools to look up if an order shipped and drop shipped items will say "In Stock" but really be on backorder with the shipping warehouse and Suresource doesn't even compensate for the customer having to wait or misleading information. It's just a horrible experience all together. The minute I can get out .... I am!

There really is no need to suggest here because Management does not like suggestions, nor do they take constructive criticism.

SureSource LLC in Shelton CT

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Shelton, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

I worked at SureSource full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

A mid sized company where you get to know all your co workers

Cons

Would benefit from increasing the company contribution to the welfare benefit package.

Besides the salary, SureSource is great.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Shelton, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

I have been working at SureSource full-time

Pros

Coworkers, middle management and human resources are awesome.
    The facility is great.
    Excellent environment to learn.
    Great place for an entry level position, then move on.

Cons

Salary is terrible - far below industry standard.

In order to retain your talent you need to pay them accordingly, SureSource pays far below industry standard.

Good Company

I have been working at SureSource full-time

Pros

Good employee moral boosters in summer: Free ice cream truck on fridays and free lunch during inventory days. Private gym and game room during breaks or after work.

Cons

Not much room for advancement. Very quiet office, mainly confined to cubicles.

Pretty great place to work on the whole.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Shelton, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

I have been working at SureSource full-time for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers are awesome. Top-notch facilities.

Cons

Poor management. Pay is below industry standard. Very poor communication among/within departments.

Talk to a few people in each department to get some serious questions/concerns addressed. Morale is extremely low, you might want to do something about that.

Just leaves a bad taste in your mouth...

Current Employee - Call Center Representative  in  Shelton, CT
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Shelton, CT

I have been working at SureSource

Pros

SureSource pays a little above minimum wage, relaxed dresscode, comfortable working space, free food (sometimes) everyone equally dislikes their job so you can get along

Cons

Most of the Senior management make you feel like garbage. They treat you, especially when you are a new employee, as if you are mentally impaired. They treated me fairly well, but some individuals were treated horribly. The main thing that holds the call center together is that no one likes their job. If you have been there 20 years or 5 days, you dislike your job. No one really converses with one another becuase everyone just wantas to go home. I would hate to have to work here for more than a year. The customers are tough, but then again who calls a call center in a good mood? I feel as if no one cares about the call center people. We are people who are either just trying to ge tby this this job until another comes around, or its a job for the summer. Either way, its pretty terrible.

A large part of your company is the technical and phone support, so you should care about them. The conditions that we work in are pretty terrible. I have never... EVER seen anyone outside of the Callcenter come in to see how we are fairing. Being a call center rep is not a good job, and the managment know this; so they just pretend we don't exist. It's a terrible fate to be a call center employee.

Worked for SureSource? Contribute to the Community!