Surefire, LLC

Not yet rated.

John Matthews

Great team, poor management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fountain Valley, Orange, CA

ProsGood collaboration and team work at the mid-management level and below.

ConsSenior management does not listen to employee recommendations.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the rank and file, they know what needs to be changed.

Administrative

Administrative (Former Employee) Fountain Valley, Orange, CA

ProsThis company is highly recognized in its industry.

ConsA lot of bickering and back and forth disagreements amongst co-workers. Some of the people can be very difficult to work with and they seem to be under a lot of stress; a lack of communication leads to misunderstandings and I noticed not many people really have the educational backing for the positions they were in. They seem to be very wasteful with money. I was provided with no training. I was pretty much put into a position; given work and forced to figure things out. This company doesn't seem to have anyone knowledgeable about Business, Accounting or Customer Service. I'm wondering how long they'll continue to stay afloat.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to communicate with all employees and listen to your co-workers; not just upper management. Learn how to speak to people and train your employees. If not, you need to hire mind-readers. This was byfar the worst experience of my life working with this company.

Company crashing down helped by inexperience people

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fountain Valley, Orange, CA

ProsGood Company, for non experience people

ConsThere is a ring of people (linked by personal relationships) that protect each other, and are placed in key positions at the company. So you have no experienced employees making the wrong decisions for the wrong reasons, and this translates in time wasting practices, and mistakes that are very expensive for the company and very frustrating for the people that actually know what they are doing. In this high competitive market, management needs to take a long and hard look at the people running the operations at Surefire, because their mistakes and unexperience are already destroying the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

so so company for a so so job

ProsCentrally located in Orange County

ConsLittle innovation
    Poor Management and HR attitude
    Sink or Sail attitude

Advice to Senior ManagementChange positioning to be more positive and supportive

The embodiment of the Peter Principle

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fountain Valley, Orange, CA

ProsSureFire is a well-respected brand within the world of firearms and tactical products. The company is willing to invest in R&D and product development at a level that very few companies would be willing to touch. For that reason, the company is able to create products of the highest quality and performance levels.

ConsThe Peter Principle is found throughout senior management. Most people in management have their positions because of their personal relationship with the founder/owner of the company and have been with SureFire for decades. Very few people in senior management have the level of business education that most companies of SureFire's size would require and, because of their length of time with SureFire, are completely unfamiliar with basic business practices found throughout the professional world.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is time for many in senior management to retire; which is highly unlikely. Instead, expect to see SureFire go through some painful years of cost cutting and restructuring.

Cool product/manufacturing company in OC

Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) Fountain Valley, Orange, CA

ProsThere is a great, collaborative team environment. Overall, the management team worked well together and the HR team did a great job in supporting the employees. The company at the time was about 450 employees in size, so it fostered an environment where most everyone knew each other. Folks seemed to really enjoy their work and many worked there for years. The history of SureFire is very rich and fascinating. Overall, I was happy to be there and work with some very bright and accomplished individuals.

ConsIt's a small-medium sized company and while it's a family atmosphere, it can take a bit longer to advance up the career ladder.

Advice to Senior ManagementI appreciated the opportunity to work at a solid company and hope the Senior management continues to do a great job as I recall when I was there.

Worked for Surefire, LLC? Contribute to the Community!