Surgical Care Affiliates

Financial Analyst

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Surgical Care Affiliates full-time

Pros

Good environment, option to work from home

Cons

Facilities spread in different locations, many of the company's internal services have to be done remotely

Major Growth Opportunities in this Company!

I have been working at Surgical Care Affiliates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

SCA's company values are spot on for success. Living the values day to day has given me many opportunities in the last 5 years to expand my knowledge in the Surgical world with different positions in the company. I have had the opportunities to work in the facility and now in the support services level. looking forward to many more years here.

Cons

Health Insurance benefits can always be better. Still a better plan than most out there!

Working at SCA has been extremely rewarding with many opportunities for both personal development and career advancement

Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Surgical Care Affiliates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Access to leadership, opportunities for career advancement, work/life balance

Cons

Opportunities for formal training, clarity of objectives

Values-driven organization with great opportunity for employees

Current Employee - Senior Director
    Current Employee - Senior Director

I have been working at Surgical Care Affiliates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company is growing incredibly rapidly, which creates new opportunities for promotion or increased responsibilities for high performing teammates. There are several examples within the company of people being promoted off-cycle because they earned it or the opportunity was there - you're not forced to wait until the year-end review cycle to get promoted.

The teammates are incredibly talented - some of the brightest and most ambitious people I've worked.

Cons

The rapid growth and high standard for teammates can make it difficult for staffing to keep up with needs. SCA would rather keep an opening unfilled longer in order to attract the right person than lower standards to hire someone who is available now. In the long-term, this is the reason the teammates are so great, but in the short-term, it can mean that some teams and projects are understaffed.

Keep up the great work and continue to raise the bar for the company.

Depends on the region . Overall good mission and vision.

I have been working at Surgical Care Affiliates

Pros

Depends on the region. Benefits are fair.

Cons

Inconsistent applications of vision and execution among VP's makes it difficult at the individual centers. Depends on the whims at the time. Some do not know the vision or choose not to follow. Observed a VP standing over a leader while they were in text/phone/email with COO telling them exactly what to say/write to manipulate the real situation. Lack of acumen in Asc business is a barrier mostly with southern facilities . West coast is better. Senior mgt does not know the issues or manipulated .

Undercover reviewers/posers that know their business to investigate and report to key senior mgt.

Do not work here if you have bills to pay

I worked at Surgical Care Affiliates as an intern

Pros

Growth opportunity kind people, good atmosphere for the most part

Cons

Underpaid, understaffed, problems not handled properly or incorrectly

Great office environment, good health benefits and friendly workplace.

Former Employee - Medical Office Staff in Bakersfield, CA
    Former Employee - Medical Office Staff in Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Surgical Care Affiliates part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management treats you like family, and the job security is excellent.

Cons

Workload is overwhelming at times for the amount of staff employed. Hard work is not usually paid with a raise or promotion, and your opinions are not always heard.

bottom line is profit for MDs. No regard for patient safety. Dangerous staffing levels

I worked at Surgical Care Affiliates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Most of the people (non-management) are wonderful hard working people. We support each other when management has no regard for us. Their only goal is that the surgeons make as much money as possible.

Cons

Long days, no breaks, no encouragement. Exhausting days with no concern for employee.

Your staff are the backbone of your company, but people have their limit. You can not keep working people like dogs with no positive reinforcement., even if it just a kind thank-you.

An incredible opportunity to grow your career and be constantly challenged

I have been working at Surgical Care Affiliates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

SCA operates with the mindset of an entrepreneurial start up company--always encouraging new ideas and challenging the status quo to determine how we can better fulfill our mission.

Cons

With the number of opportunities that arise it can be challenging to determine the vital few to focus on, not a bad thing just a challenge!

Good experience, interesting industry, young feel

Current Employee - Support Services Director in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Support Services Director in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Surgical Care Affiliates full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I work in Support Services (basically corporate). The team is generally young and hard working. I really like the collegial atmosphere - there is a focus on collaboration rather than "silo-ing" SCA is in a growing, fast-developing industry (outpatient surgery) that has been really enjoyable to learn about. SCA itself has been growing rapidly. A lot of opportunity to move up, even across departments. Compensation is fair.

Cons

The company feels "young", but in the past year or so has been trying to "mature" with a focus on process and documentation. There have been some growing pains with insufficient staffing and a general resistance by management to staff up appropriately in some cases, especially when budgets aren't being met. Benefits (particularly 401(k) match) are below average for a corporate environment.

Take the long view in regards to staffing. Consider bifurcating benefits for corporate employees and field employees (like it or not, lawyers and MBAs have different expectations for benefits than scrub tech and nurses).

Surgical Care Affiliates Photos

The partner of choice for surgical care.

+ Add Photo