Surpass llc

Updated October 19, 2014
Updated October 19, 2014
1.4

Ken Nemcovich and Bob Davis

Love the people, but work was a pain.

Former Employee - Telemarketer in Bedford, NH
    Former Employee - Telemarketer in Bedford, NH

I worked at Surpass llc part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I loved the people I worked with, and liked the supervisors. You could get bonuses by getting more sales. The building was very nice. The training program was very user friendly and nicely acquainted you with the job.

Cons

Turn over rate was too high. Often we didn't have much customer information, and sometimes the things they had us ask of the customer were not very realistic. One time one of my paychecks bounced.

Stop firing all the good managers.

1 star is one too many!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, NH

I worked at Surpass llc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I met someone who will be my friend for life.

Cons

Nothing about the company 'Surpassed' expectations. As others have stated, my paycheck and expense checks bounced on a regular basis. Insurance was literally cancelled EVERY month for non-payment and the owner, Ken, would then have his wife, who was paid for 40 hours, but never worked 40 hours, drive to pay the insurance in person by 5 pm the last day of the grace period, but the employees who had their insurance cancelled had already paid additional money out of pocket for any medical expenses, which were never reimbursed.
    The owner was a joke. He did not know what was happening on the call center floor, but when one of his family members or one of his 'favorites' expressed a negative opinion about someone or something happening that person was called to Ken's office while he yelled and screamed, demoralized, degraded and insulted the person for no good reason. The owner would also flaunt his tickets to basketball and baseball games, his golf membership at a really great course in Florida, his houses and his cars. He felt that showing his employees what he had would motivate them while their own paychecks bounced, insurance was cancelled and bonuses went unpaid.
    Anyone who had an ounce of knowledge got out of there as quickly as they could...turnover in call centers was high, but Surpass' turnover was ridiculous.
    The owner told clients things about the company that weren't true, like the back up system that we had, the 24 tech support that we had, the duplication of records, etc....you can see that the world is a much better place with Surpass not in the picture.

None needed now as they closed their doors to avoid paying numerous lawsuits pending against them.

Horrible company to work for

I worked at Surpass llc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I met a lot of great people who I will remain great friends with.

Cons

I don't even know where to start. This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. They treat their people like complete crap, they make everyone work hours they were not hired for and then tell them they would fire them if they don't comply. Upper management was a joke, great job putting people in jobs that they have no business being in just because it's family. Horrible job at managing payroll, people were unable to cash checks on time and were expected to wait until the end of the week but I’m sure upper management got their money while the rest of us had to figure it out. Then they closed the NH location without even telling anyone. They really screwed over a lot of people and it didn’t even faze them. They had a lot of very loyal people working for them and it is a shame that they treat people that way.

Treat your employees better and get a real management team.

Incompetent, incompetent leadership from the top

Former Employee - Leadership in Bedford, NH
    Former Employee - Leadership in Bedford, NH

I worked at Surpass llc full-time

Pros

A place you can make a few (literally) bucks without the fuss of drug testing or background checks.

Cons

Top leadership is totally incompetent, having severely mismanaged the finances to the point of missing payroll, getting medical insurance policy canceled for non-payment, and to the very edge of bankruptcy. Experienced managers were forced to take deep pay cuts and work long hours on shifts they were not hired for, while incompetent, inexperienced family members assumed positions of authority. Top leadership is a hyper reactive, unprofessional, screaming, fist-pounder. Smart, experienced leaders ran for real jobs, since they were being threatened with termination anyway. Career opportunities only truly exist for family. Others can take on the hard work, but will only be recognized if they drop one of the many balls they will juggle. Employees are often terminated without cause or documentation. It is only a matter of time before someone closes the door...for one reason or another!

Many area service businesses are familiar with the Surpass reputation and have scarred employees that tell stories.They also have a file a mile long with the department of labor. Just ask the state.

Keep your word. Replace family with real leaders, pay people a fair wage, and treat them fairly, or close the doors.

Hell all Hell

Former Employee - Agent in Bedford, NH
    Former Employee - Agent in Bedford, NH

I worked at Surpass llc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The Pros, not sure where to start not able to think of many, just that the people are the floor on nice.

Cons

Treats People unfairly!!! Pay very little, keeps all employees on the newspapers on a part time status so they do not have to pay out any benefits or give any raises. Spends more time finding ways of not giving their employees the bonus when they work so hard for the extra cash. When everyone starts to make bonus, then here comes a new bonus structures added more reason to make sure that you do not make it, When and employee calls out sick, they are automatically written up and bonus lost. They wonder why there is poor moral, but when you are working under kids what can one say, most of all the management on the floor are kids themselves. The upper management are older and have no clue what is happening on the floor. The owner walks around with BLINDERS on. If you are under 25 you are gaurantee advancement if you are liked, if not then you are out of luck.

Learn to treat people fairly and equally.

Soulcrushing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, NH

I have been working at Surpass llc full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some employees are a joy to work with.

Cons

Management is absolutely terrible, some more than others. Agents are treated like slaves and attrition is abnormally high. They're more focused on preventing bonus payouts than encouraging hard work. Working as a higher-level employee has been pleasurable on some days and nightmarish the rest.

Treat your employees better, provide a clear path for advancement and reward hard work.

Literally the worst place to work EVER!

I worked at Surpass llc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is a job, that is about all I can say about it.
    It is in Southern, NH.

Cons

Working at surpass, you never knew when you would walk in and be fired. Middle management, the assistant manager/Dialer Operator/IT level was constantly shifting, new people coming in, and leaving because they "couldn't perform" to their unreasonable standards, which led to "management" never really knowing their job or how to do it.

Paychecks often bounced, at your expense, and compensation was well under standards

Employees were not treated as people, they were treated as assets, like a computer, and when they had no value, they were let go and replaced.

Surpass is also known to be very, for lack of a better term, "high schoolish," that is to say it was drama laden, and it was not unheard of for management to take a dislike to a particular person for no professional reason and fire them without reason.

You were middle management at your last company, you should have stayed there. There are reasons why you didn't advance to CEO at your last place. Treat your employees with respect, don't treat them like you are a Pharaoh, and they are building your pyramid.

What were you thinking when you went into newspaper retention in this economy?

Hell

Former Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative in Bedford, NH
    Former Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative in Bedford, NH

I worked at Surpass llc

Pros

I made some really good friends, it wasn't the hardest job to do and there it had a very independent atmosphere.

Cons

Working at Surpass was you never knew when you were walking in on your last day they were known for letting people go for no reason, they were also known for looking for a reason for firing people. In the time I was there Management never helped with a problem just told me that I needed to work on it myself or report it, and when I did not nothing happened.

Management needs to realize that people work their tails off for nothing, the Reps make about $4 less than any other call center in the area for the same if not more work, and yet we have to worry constantly, and also you need to listen to your employees and not treat them like there is something wrong with them.

Surpass certainly didn't surpass my expectations as an employer

Former Employee - Out Bound Customer Service in Bedford, NH
    Former Employee - Out Bound Customer Service in Bedford, NH

I worked at Surpass llc

Pros

it was good to work there cause its such an easy job

Cons

there was always a reason why you didn't get bonus

Treat your employees equally