Surrey Satellite Technology
www.sstl.co.uk Guildford, United Kingdom 150 to 499 Employees

Surrey Satellite Technology Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014
Surrey Satellite Technology – “Surrey Satellite Technology Ltd (Photo thanks to…”

Surrey Satellite Technology Group CEO Matt Perkins

Matt Perkins

Your work will make it to space!

I have been working at Surrey Satellite Technology

Pros- Project work allows exposure to different areas gaining diverse experience
- Flexible work hours
- Company organised outings
- Friendly and well experienced colleagues
- good work / life balance

Cons- Research & Development opportunities are still there to improve products, however seem to have more and more constrains as years go by

It used to be amazing, but has gone down hill a lot

Engineer (Current Employee)
Guildford, England (UK)

I have been working at Surrey Satellite Technology full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHoliday entitlement, BUPA, relaxed atmosphere, varied work, interesting work, opportunities to advance, willingness to train staff to further themselves, openness about company position.

ConsChange of ethos from quality of product and staff well being to pure profit profit profit attitude, inability to make a decision without it taking large amounts of wasted time.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere seems to be a big feeling that the company would rather save a penny today than a pound tomorrow!
Can management really not see that capping the CAPEX budget so harshly and enforcing this approach is so foolish and fundamentally flawed it is ultimately going to cost them many times more than it will save.

High percentage of female staff (engineers and managers) quitting the Company after a year or two.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Surrey Satellite Technology full-time

ProsNone, unless you do not like working with women.

ConsI know about a project where 6 women left in less than 3 years (only one man left during the same period)

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO should take this matter seriously

SSTL

Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at Surrey Satellite Technology

ProsThe world leader in small satellite technology, SSTL provides great career progression opportunities for dedicated and committed engineers and support staff.

ConsProject organisation, so huge peaks and troughs of work, though latterly the workload is huge, with no sign of any downtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't sacrifice your best employees to meet deadlines, just hire more people.

Worked for Surrey Satellite Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Surrey Satellite Technology reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Surrey Satellite Technology CEO Matt Perkins. All reviews posted anonymously by Surrey Satellite Technology employees.