Be The First To
100% of the CEO
I worked at SusieCakes full-time
Pros – -Nice people
-Managers do their best to accommodate when you need time off 10 months out of the year
-In-store growth potential is amazing
-FANTASTIC employee discount and products you can be proud of
Cons – -Growth past store level is unlikely
-Work/life balance is said to be a company value, but in practice is lacking
-A lot of confusion about what team members should and shouldn't be doing
-Upper management tends to only point out the bad, not praise
-Blackout dates for basically all of November and December, so seeing your family for the holidays can be hard if they aren't in California (only closed Thanksgiving Day, open late on Christmas Eve, and closed Christmas Day and the 2 days after)
Advice to Senior Management – Appreciate and respect the team members you already have and give them the promotions they deserve. Stand by what you say--if you tell employees something is a company value, it should be. Tell your stores when they are doing things well...don't just assume they know, and don't only point out what is wrong.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company
2013-10-01 22:44 PDT
1 person found this helpful
I worked at SusieCakes
Pros – - Great coworkers; everyone is generally friendly and easy to get along with
- The company is growing quickly, so there is a lot of opportunity to grow within the company for those who are interested in a long-term career in food service
- Getting to enjoy the baked goods and taking some home for family and friends to enjoy, too
- Everything is baked from scratch with all-natural ingredients, so you can feel good about what you're selling.
Cons – - There is a very clear & palpable distinction between upper management and "everyone else." At times, it feels a bit cold and corporate.
- There is often a lack of clear communication from the executive team to the leadership team within the stores; many times information is not communicated clearly enough, leaving room for confusion and uncertainty of what is expected from management.
- Details can be overlooked
- There are a lot of rules and exceptions within the company when it comes to taking cake orders, which often leads to frustration from customers.
Advice to Senior Management – - Establish a warmer overall atmosphere within the company
- Make sure to look for what IS going well within each store and point it out, instead of focusing only on the problems and shortcomings
2012-05-15 23:24 PDT
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
Simply post an anonymous review for a current/former employer or recent interview experience. Your post is anonymous – and if you're worried someone will be able to identify your review, you can even post without telling us your job title and location. Learn More.
No thanks –