Susquehanna International Group, LLP

Susquehanna International Group, LLP Reviews

Updated Jun 21, 2014

Susquehanna International Group, LLP Managing Director Jeff Yass

Jeff Yass

Pros
  • Free Breakfast and Lunch (catered)(in 27 reviews)

• free lunch everyday, fast paced environment, supervisors that care(in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • Very long hours if you want to advance, but I guess it's like that anywhere(in 14 reviews)

• The work-life balance was less than satisfactory(in 4 reviews)

Good place to work.

Options Clerk (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsTalented people to work with and learn from. Free lunch. Good management.

ConsSlow advancement., and raises are few and far between.

Internship - Good, but not Excellent

Operations (Former Employee) Bala Cynwyd, PA

Prosfree lunch
    free seminars to attend
    down to earth mentors and colleagues

Conslong hours
    not enough work overall
    not enough significant work
    no formal training

Great for learning as a trader, Terrible for anything technical

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPossibly one of the best companies to work for in Philadelphia
    Perks are there

ConsTech is not considered essential
    Compensation is extremely low
    Better off if you went to Chicago
    Two year non-compete for traders

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you fire a row of quants, it sends a message to the type of trading company you are. In the world where technology is essential, I would presume that being an actual trader has less to do with game theory that has been adapted by everyone in the industry.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company that treats employee's very well

Trade Support Associate (Current Employee) Bala Cynwyd, PA

ProsThere is free breakfast and lunch everyday with a cafeteria that always has healthy snacks available, A well equipped 24x7 onsite gym that is going under construction soon to be expanded and upgraded. There is also an onsite nurse practitioner, dry cleaning service, and dozens of other perks

Consbeing in a support role, sometimes it is difficult to deal with the egos of traders when something isn't working. a lot of this is just due to them being under stress and realizing it isn't necessarily directed at you. As it is with any support role, problems sometimes occur that lead to late nights in the office.

Very nice fringe benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Bala Cynwyd, PA

ProsI found the technical skills of the technology staff to be very strong on the whole. The work is interesting and SIG provided the tools to get things accomplished. The benefits provided are very good. On top of that, SIG gives many fringe benefits including an on-site gym with very good equipment, free breakfast (sometimes hot) and catered lunch daily, an on-site nurse, and more on-site services such as auto maintenance, car washing, and dry cleaning.

ConsI found there to be heavy resistance to telecommuting. Working from home for occasional situations that come up is permitted, but nothing more. Also, in my experience, raises are rare.

good company, very professional

Trader (Former Employee)

Prosgood place to learn and grow as a trader, they employ some of the best out there

Conscentralized in Philadelphia, so makes it tough to be a part of the bigger picture from other offices

Great place to start a career

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bala Cynwyd, PA

ProsSmart people, free lunch, focus on education

ConsWork hours can be inflexible

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in your employees

Equity Options Co-op

Equity Options Operations Co-op (Former Employee) Bala Cynwyd, PA

ProsFree Breakfast and Lunch (catered)
    Down to earth co-workers who are always willing to help you out
    An Environment of Constant Learning - you can take classes for free

ConsEarly Hours - Was in the office by 7:30 AM
    Long Hours - Many co-workers came in at 7 and left at 6 or later
    Some monotonous tasks

not a fair place

Trader, Options (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsSIG has a good trader training program

Consa lot of nepotism, poorly managed region offices with managers having no managerial training

Advice to Senior Managementbe more objective in treating employees, particularly women

One of the best places to be a Software Developer in the Philadelphia area

Team Lead (Current Employee) Bala Cynwyd, PA

Pros- You get to work in a very collaborative environment along side some very smart people.

- Direct interaction (and collaboration) with traders and the other people who are using the systems/features that you are working on. This is great because you get real-time user feedback and get to see first-hand the impact your work is having.

- Very little bureaucracy or politics, especially for a company this size. Working at SIG often feels like working in a small company, but with access to the resources of a large firm.

- The pay is very competitive compared to other companies in the area. There are also lots of perks like the often-mentioned free breakfast and lunch, a full gym, exercise classes, on-site car wash services, and they are adding charging stations if you have an electric vehicle.

- The culture here is EXCELLENT. The people who work here are generally very happy and the low turnover rate we have is a testament to that.

- SIG has a very flat structure which I think helps foster the collegiate environment that is present here. On multiple occasions, I have gone to technologists (or business people) on other teams for help and have never been turned away, even when I was new to the company and the industry.

- You won't see your good idea ignored in favor of a lesser idea by a "Senior" developer here, like I've seen happen at so many other development shops. Management really does foster an environment that allows the best idea to win.

ConsSince SIG is a private partnership, company financials are not public information and the employees are often in the dark about how the company is performing as a whole.

Worked for Susquehanna International Group, LLP? Contribute to the Community!