Sutherland Global Services

Sutherland Global Services Reviews

Updated Apr 21, 2014

Sutherland Global Services Chairman and CEO Dilip R. Vellodi

Dilip R. Vellodi

Pros:
  • "They offered work from home opportunities at one point"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Flexible work environment, freedom to explore imagination and creativity"
    in 20 reviews
Cons:
  • "have got night shifts and have to follow international calender"
    in 13 reviews
  • "Work life balance is depends upon project you are working on"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

My experience is what you make of it.

Team Lead (Current Employee)
Rochester, NY

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services full-time for more than a year

ProsMeet alot of new and interesting people.and being able to move up in the company

ConsUnorganized. alot of the times people are really unprofessional in the way they go about doing things.

Great

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services

ProsAmazing engagement team, fo sho

ConsNot much, great company, love it

Resume builder

ATT UVerse Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
Rochester, NY

ProsFriendly environment, making friends is easy, you can make a ton of money if you apply yourself. They sent me overseas! That was cool.

Conshard to move up, lots of broken promises, you're a number to them.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being sketchy!!! Management sweeps a lot of stuff under the rug and that is NOT how it should be considering one of this company's core values is integrity.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Technical Consultant

Technical Consultant (Former Employee)
Syracuse, NY

I worked at Sutherland Global Services full-time for less than a year

ProsFast paced. During the thick of tax season, there was alot going on constantly. There was alot to learn quickly. It was a pleasure to help customers through their tax issues.

ConsPay was extremely low compared to employees who performed the same roles for other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a professionalism workshop for the employees when they start.

Sutherland turned my life around

Lead Management Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Sutherland Global Services full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSutherland consistently paired me with well trained, intelligent, and compassionate managers who took the time to develop my skills and career while also getting to know me and my interests and life situation. I would, quite simply, not be where I am today without that support and engagement.

ConsAt the end of the day, it's still a call center, so it's not always the most enjoyable work. But it's far from the worst you could be doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest time and energy in programs like LEAD, the STARS dinners, and all the other ways you show support for your employees in their professional development as well as maintaining a positive environment and attitude. You're on the right track.

Definitely not a Company for growth, a pass through if you truly have Mortgage experience

Loan Processor (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsSutherland seems to be a Growing Company with some stellar Management. Location is great from anywhere in Houston. Almost anyone can get hired.

ConsThe benefits are outrageous $280 for single basic medical coverage monthly and $800 for a family? high stress. Inexperienced middle management. Expectations grow and salary stays the same..

Advice to Senior ManagementYou Need to have a better understanding of your own process and expectations. Also Management should work to fix the kinks in the system not just ignore them.

It's a job

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services

ProsPretty good benefits. Good people.

ConsNo career opportunities and very hard to get promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote those who work hard and have management experience.

Gaint telemarketing company

TurboTax Representative (Former Employee)
Syracuse, NY

I worked at Sutherland Global Services as an intern for less than a year

ProsHours Varied from one day to the next. It was based on call volume. Some days there for 12 hours or more other days 2 hours.

ConsGaint rooms filled with phone banks. Could not hear the customer on the line. Very little training also management to employee ratio very high.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease training and adjust enviroment

Stressful, unrewarding, abusive, low pay, expensive health insurance

Technical Support Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Sutherland Global Services full-time for more than 10 years

Proswork at home opportunities, friendly co-workers

ConsMake sure you are prepared for little in no vacation time, working weekends and holidays (no holiday pay) being pushed and prodded to exhaustion but most importantly submitting to its unhealthy working conditions. I know this company very well been there a very long time and its not something I would say if it were not true but Sutherland Global Services is a negative career choice and gone steadily from bad to worse over the years and not worth the trouble to expose yourself to its work culture. If you read an ad Sutherland Global Services puts out that "pretends" its technical or customer care its REALLY SALES. They will lie, cheat, drain your enthusiasm and self-esteem steadily until there's nothing left. If your strong and are able to soldier on its best to eventually realize this company will do anything for a profit and doesn't care anything at all about you as an individual. The employees are not even treated like human beings, just disposable waifs they can walk over until they burn you out. If you like being lied too, nickel and dimed to death then be my guest take the job. My best advice is to go find "real" work opportunities, a trustworthy company with integrity that so you wont waste years of your life for nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a never-ending uphill battle you will never win that will progressively become more impossible.

Poor Management-False Promises to clients -Inappropriate relations with management & staff. Very unprofessional

Service Delivery (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Sutherland Global Services full-time for more than a year

ProsIf you are a mortgage professional with valid state licensing who doesn't mind engaging in unscrupulous business tactics, this is the place for you. If disorganization and poor treatment of staff is a comfortable work environment for you, this is a company to apply for. If you are willing to do anything your boss tells you no matter the truth it holds. This is the perfect company for you.

ConsPoor upper management. Poor business tactics. State and Federal compliance laws and regulations are broken daily. Staff is hired and fired based on personal assessments by management and your ability to do what you are asked. Inappropriate relationships with management and staff is a common practice. Promotions and pay increases are promised so that staff will perform as needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll management needs to be vetted and reaccessed. Business opportunities are being lost daily and the reputation of Sutherland is tarnished in the industry. Decisions are being made without any regard to compliance, the value of the employee or any business integrity.

Worked for Sutherland Global Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sutherland Global Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sutherland Global Services CEO Dilip R. Vellodi. All 395 reviews posted anonymously by Sutherland Global Services employees.