Sutherland Global Services

Sutherland Global Services Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Sutherland Global Services Chairman and CEO Dilip R. Vellodi

Dilip R. Vellodi

Pros
  • They offered work from home opportunities at one point(in 14 reviews)

• Flexible work environment, freedom to explore imagination and creativity(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is depends upon project you are working on(in 10 reviews)

• have got night shifts and have to follow international calender(in 14 reviews)

Not good ... we were acquired from Convergys

Director (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsNot many come to mind

ConsManagement is not very good

It is a steady paycheck

Technical Support Representative (Current Employee)

Prosno shortage of hours you can work as much overtime as you like. as a matter of fact, its mandatory.

Conshigh turnover. almost non existent training for work st home. ABSOLUTELY no supplemental training. policies change without employee knowledge. if you take a tech support offer..be prepared theyre ONLY concern is sales

Advice to Senior Managementtrain train train

Not about what you know, it's about who you know

Team Manager (Former Employee)

ProsI can not honestly think of one good thing to say about my time spent working for Sutherland.

ConsLack of employee development, inept management who turn their heads and sweep issues "under the rug," lack of morals and questionable ethics used in decision making, expensive benefits based on tenure, HR lacks consistency in its actions (disciplinary) and at the end of the day it's not about the people-it's about the numbers.

Advice to Senior ManagementBalance out the scales and join the latest century-hire and promote some females

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful! I Loved It...

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsMeeting such good people from all over the world.

ConsSome of the younger staff did not value a professional environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore reward incentives for the hard-working loyal and dedicated employees...

Help-Desk Representative

Help-Desk Representative (Current Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsGreat work from home capabilities here

ConsSlow process times on some of the equipment

Employee Beware!

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsOpportunity for maximizing earning potential. You work hard, you get "paid" more in you incentives

Consthe company will take the money you earn for their own selfish gain. they have a million and one fine print rules that they will honor if they find that it will take your money. they hire anyone and you have to walk around the halls of your employment like your in high school with girls dressed like strippers.

Advice to Senior Managementspend more time caring about the employees you have rather than wasting time and energy tying to rob them and stop hiring unqualified people

Sutherland is what you make of it.

Team Manager (Current Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsSutherland promotes from within and rewards their employees for their accomplishments.

ConsThe schedules required aren't very flexible, but the recruiting team can usually find a position that will work for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees and remember you wouldn't be here without them.

Solid work experience

Technical Support Manager (Current Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsGood team work, solid attempt at trying to keep communication between workers and management alive as well as management working to help the workers with their issues.

ConsControl of what happens in the position is dictated by the outside client. This can cause difficulties in how the job is handled as it must reflect what the client wants.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't have anything at this time.

fast paced young experience with team leaders

ProsContinuously changing. Always fresh fast-paced

ConsRequired to remain in one spot

Advice to Senior ManagementNo need to coach new metrics every day

My experience is what you make of it.

Team Lead (Current Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsMeet alot of new and interesting people.and being able to move up in the company

ConsUnorganized. alot of the times people are really unprofessional in the way they go about doing things.

Worked for Sutherland Global Services? Contribute to the Community!