Sutherland Global Services

Sutherland Global Services Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Sutherland Global Services Chairman and CEO Dilip R. Vellodi

Dilip R. Vellodi

Pros:
  • "They offered work from home opportunities at one point"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Flexible work environment, freedom to explore imagination and creativity"
    in 20 reviews
Cons:
  • "have got night shifts and have to follow international calender"
    in 13 reviews
  • "Work life balance is depends upon project you are working on"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Unethical management starting with Mr. Vellodi

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Sutherland Global Services full-time for more than a year

ProsStepping stone for new business graduates
Easy hiring process
Bonus opportunities
Nice cafeteria

ConsLow compensation
Rigid management who boast about ability to terminate workers
Exploitive practices in the call cues
Unfriendly work environment
Dishonest CEO
Little career advancement
Only short-term work
High turnover (In 2 years, I saw 7 supervisors get fired or quit in my department alone. My original class trainer was fired one month after I finished training.
Computer accessories always missing because of lack of access and ordering

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce the hierarchy layers, stop manipulating the inbound call cues in order to partially treat favorite reps, reduce attrition, provide access to necessary computer parts, increase compensation

Nice people, low pay and high stress work

Tech Support/Sales (Current Employee)
Wah Keeney Park, CO

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services full-time for more than a year

ProsManagement overall are all nice people. They are pretty understanding to the fact that life happens and will work with you in emergencies as long as you stay on the same page with them. Training has its pros and cons, they have pto and benefits for full time employees, although i am unsure if the benefit package they offered is good since i didn't take advantage of it.

ConsNot always help available when you need it but they try, pay is not great, should have better commission pay, deal with a lot of upset customers making it sometimes stressful, holiday hours without extra pay,

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany honest about the job pay,etc when hired. Should have better commission pay and some sort of reimbursement for major holidays however.

It was a learning experience

AT&T Bronze (Former Employee)
Syracuse, NY

I worked at Sutherland Global Services full-time for less than a year

ProsI worked at Sutherland Global Services from October 2006 to April 2007. I had lost my job in July and been out of work and on fruitless interviews for three months when I saw the ad for Sutherland and applied and to my surprise was hired. I was hired for their AT&T Bronze program. The training was very rigorous. They brought in actual trainers from AT&T Corporate, and you needed to know what was being taught. The job paid just what I was making at my old job prior, the benefits were decent, and the hours were constant. Sure, you got yelled at by customers but that was part of the show. There were a lot of good people there.

ConsWe were told it was a customer service position when in fact it was a sales job. I struggled for a long time but when I finally started making sales, the commission rate was a joke. I knew I was never going to buy a Benz on the commission but this was sad!

Advice to Senior ManagementOutsourcing is here to stay, we know. Pay these poor souls a decent wage, maybe even what the "real" workers make or pretty darn close. Be truthful when you advertise for jobs.

WAH Tier 1 support

Tier I Tech Support (Current Employee)
Rochester, NY

ProsFull time for just over a year good schedule since no Sundays at all due to program being 6 day week. Good for showing a job on resume. Will learn people handling skills on dealing with irate customers

ConsNo respect for WAH people at all. This a US based program run by a office out of Canada. No respect from managers or coaches that have been hired after program management was moved to Canada. Just not a happy place to work anymore. Hire people that really want the job not just anybody who applys

Advice to Senior ManagementHire real people to run the program and listen to the employee's in the trenches and remember metrics don't tell the whole story.

Great opporunity for Growth

Recruiter (Current Employee)
New York, NY

Proscompany i s young and offers great growth potential

Conshave to open to change daily

Advice to Senior Managementuse the talent around you

Great Place To Work!

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services

ProsAlways busy working
Good training to prepare for work
Helpful staff, always willing to help if you need it.

ConsNeed more permanent positions, to keep people who are good reps permanently

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Difficult but Rewarding

Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee)
Rochester, NY

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTons of opportunity to move up in the company. They give you every chance and opportunity to succeed and help you to do so. 80 hours PTO in the first full fiscal year, both value and high quality health insurance. Lots of money to be made with perseverance and effort.

ConsThey don't hand you money for nothing and expect you to do your job.

Confusing

Technical Support Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Sutherland Global Services part-time for less than a year

ProsHours and coworkers were nice

ConsThe lack of training and the surprise on sales qouta

Advice to Senior ManagementTune up the training

Overworked underpaid- very underappreciated and under managed

Level II Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at Sutherland Global Services full-time for more than a year

ProsWorked for a 'private label' IT program that Sutherland was heading up after the Acer program left. They offered work from home opportunities at one point .

ConsThe management was hands off, with bottom line aspects and refused to even pretend that they wanted front-line personel input in order to attempt to save a sinking ship.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to get an idea of whats happening in sales calls from front line workers. This way, an idea can at least be entertained.

Can make it what you want

Inbound Sales Agent (Former Employee)

I worked at Sutherland Global Services full-time for less than a year

ProsGot lucky with a great group of people to work with- took initiative and was recognized for my hard work

Consno upper movement; basic call center

Advice to Senior Managementstop hiring anybody and everybody so that you dont have to treat your employees like they are just there to pick up the phone

Worked for Sutherland Global Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sutherland Global Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sutherland Global Services CEO Dilip R. Vellodi. All 392 reviews posted anonymously by Sutherland Global Services employees.