Sutherland Global Services

Sutherland Global Services Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Sutherland Global Services Chairman and CEO Dilip R. Vellodi

Dilip R. Vellodi

Pros
  • They offered work from home opportunities at one point(in 14 reviews)

• Flexible work environment, freedom to explore imagination and creativity(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is depends upon project you are working on(in 10 reviews)

• have got night shifts and have to follow international calender(in 14 reviews)

It was okay

Anonymouser (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsThey paid on time. You get full time work. Not much really to say about it.

ConsI hate the fact that you don't earn PTO until after 6 months, the constant hiring of people only for half of them to quit is crazy. Can't keep more than 130 agents for current project and that is crazy having that many agents to not be able to handle the call flow. Causes customers to sit in a que for more than 20+ mins. Not a big fan. If you take a day off, of course it's unpaid you have to really make it up the same day kinda if you don't it's considered a UA day and you only get 10 a year. Too much to list.

Resume builder

ATT UVerse Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsFriendly environment, making friends is easy, you can make a ton of money if you apply yourself. They sent me overseas! That was cool.

Conshard to move up, lots of broken promises, you're a number to them.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being sketchy!!! Management sweeps a lot of stuff under the rug and that is NOT how it should be considering one of this company's core values is integrity.

Great

ProsAmazing engagement team, fo sho

ConsNot much, great company, love it

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's a job

ProsPretty good benefits. Good people.

ConsNo career opportunities and very hard to get promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote those who work hard and have management experience.

Gaint telemarketing company

TurboTax Representative (Former Employee) Syracuse, NY

ProsHours Varied from one day to the next. It was based on call volume. Some days there for 12 hours or more other days 2 hours.

ConsGaint rooms filled with phone banks. Could not hear the customer on the line. Very little training also management to employee ratio very high.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease training and adjust enviroment

Technical Consultant

Technical Consultant (Former Employee) Syracuse, NY

ProsFast paced. During the thick of tax season, there was alot going on constantly. There was alot to learn quickly. It was a pleasure to help customers through their tax issues.

ConsPay was extremely low compared to employees who performed the same roles for other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a professionalism workshop for the employees when they start.

Definitely not a Company for growth, a pass through if you truly have Mortgage experience

Loan Processor (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsSutherland seems to be a Growing Company with some stellar Management. Location is great from anywhere in Houston. Almost anyone can get hired.

ConsThe benefits are outrageous $280 for single basic medical coverage monthly and $800 for a family? high stress. Inexperienced middle management. Expectations grow and salary stays the same..

Advice to Senior ManagementYou Need to have a better understanding of your own process and expectations. Also Management should work to fix the kinks in the system not just ignore them.

Sleep your way to the top and never look back

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsThey will work around your schedule which is helpful when you have a busy life outside of work. The dress code is a joke, yoga pants are dress pants and spandex dresses are the norm.

ConsManagement is a joke. Most get their jobs because of their friends or they open their legs. They require weekends, yet management is never there. None of the equipment worked right and they wanted you to log into the computers 15 minutes before your shift because the computers were that slow.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't play favorites or promote your friends. Work weekends like the rest of the staff and actually work. Management typically goofed off and messed around which is not exactly motivating to the rest of the workers.

Sutherland turned my life around

Lead Management Specialist (Former Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsSutherland consistently paired me with well trained, intelligent, and compassionate managers who took the time to develop my skills and career while also getting to know me and my interests and life situation. I would, quite simply, not be where I am today without that support and engagement.

ConsAt the end of the day, it's still a call center, so it's not always the most enjoyable work. But it's far from the worst you could be doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest time and energy in programs like LEAD, the STARS dinners, and all the other ways you show support for your employees in their professional development as well as maintaining a positive environment and attitude. You're on the right track.

Stressful, unrewarding, abusive, low pay, expensive health insurance

Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) Rochester, NY

Proswork at home opportunities, friendly co-workers

ConsMake sure you are prepared for little in no vacation time, working weekends and holidays (no holiday pay) being pushed and prodded to exhaustion but most importantly submitting to its unhealthy working conditions. I know this company very well been there a very long time and its not something I would say if it were not true but Sutherland Global Services is a negative career choice and gone steadily from bad to worse over the years and not worth the trouble to expose yourself to its work culture. If you read an ad Sutherland Global Services puts out that "pretends" its technical or customer care its REALLY SALES. They will lie, cheat, drain your enthusiasm and self-esteem steadily until there's nothing left. If your strong and are able to soldier on its best to eventually realize this company will do anything for a profit and doesn't care anything at all about you as an individual. The employees are not even treated like human beings, just disposable waifs they can walk over until they burn you out. If you like being lied too, nickel and dimed to death then be my guest take the job. My best advice is to go find "real" work opportunities, a trustworthy company with integrity that so you wont waste years of your life for nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a never-ending uphill battle you will never win that will progressively become more impossible.

Worked for Sutherland Global Services? Contribute to the Community!