Sutherland Global Services

Sutherland Global Services Reviews in Houston, TX

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Sutherland Global Services Chairman and CEO Dilip R. Vellodi

Dilip R. Vellodi

Pros
  • They offered work from home opportunities at one point(in 14 reviews)

• Flexible work environment, freedom to explore imagination and creativity(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is depends upon project you are working on(in 10 reviews)

• have got night shifts and have to follow international calender(in 14 reviews)

10 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I was hired on as a Customer Service Representative, and was awarded almost every month, for my performance.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood hours and lots of raffles to help various organizations.

ConsNot much opportunity to move forward in a different department. It seems they prefer to hire from the outside.

Advice to Senior ManagementFight to get your employees noticed!

Sutherland Global Services Sourcing Solutions Specialist responded to this review

Jun 13, 2014

Thank you for sharing some of your views on Sutherland. We find joy in celebrating the accomplishments of our employees, and are extremely grateful for their ongoing hard-work. Sutherland ... More

Unprofessional

Senior Underwriter (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsNone other than getting a paycheck

ConsHorrible management
    The team leads no NOTHING
    Too many inexperience underwriter
    You can't this company on a resume you are sure not to get hired!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementStart over!!!

enjoyable

Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Prosworking with customers assisting them with there concerns and questions

Consnot being able to always resolve the issue the first time the person calls

Jun 12, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are very glad to hear your time spent with us was enjoyable. It seems you find satisfaction in helping others, which is a great attribute ... More
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mortgage processor

Mortgage Processor (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosgood pay, convenient work location, flexible hours

Consstability, constant change, leadership, work/life balance

Advice to Senior Managementcontinued training, promotions, leadership

It is a company to work for temporarily, but don't expect to retire from this place.

Tam Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsMany opportunities for promotions. They are putting systems in place for managers to be successful.

ConsNo stability. They hire incompetent staff. No matching 401k. Culture can be horrible with incompetent staff. People misrepresent experience and can get in the door at this company. The company should do a better job at screening candidates.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire the right people the first time around.

its ok

Loan Processor (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosgreat company overall they do a lot right profit wise

Consnew to mortgages more of an IT company

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to staff

HORRIBLE COMPANY

Mortgage Underwriter (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsAnybody can lie and get in (pro for unqualified management and staff)

ConsEveryone down the chain of common is a complete retard and the place is GHETTO

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to do your job and lead by example.

Definitely not a Company for growth, a pass through if you truly have Mortgage experience

Loan Processor (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsSutherland seems to be a Growing Company with some stellar Management. Location is great from anywhere in Houston. Almost anyone can get hired.

ConsThe benefits are outrageous $280 for single basic medical coverage monthly and $800 for a family? high stress. Inexperienced middle management. Expectations grow and salary stays the same..

Advice to Senior ManagementYou Need to have a better understanding of your own process and expectations. Also Management should work to fix the kinks in the system not just ignore them.

Poor Management-False Promises to clients -Inappropriate relations with management & staff. Very unprofessional

Service Delivery (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsIf you are a mortgage professional with valid state licensing who doesn't mind engaging in unscrupulous business tactics, this is the place for you. If disorganization and poor treatment of staff is a comfortable work environment for you, this is a company to apply for. If you are willing to do anything your boss tells you no matter the truth it holds. This is the perfect company for you.

ConsPoor upper management. Poor business tactics. State and Federal compliance laws and regulations are broken daily. Staff is hired and fired based on personal assessments by management and your ability to do what you are asked. Inappropriate relationships with management and staff is a common practice. Promotions and pay increases are promised so that staff will perform as needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll management needs to be vetted and reaccessed. Business opportunities are being lost daily and the reputation of Sutherland is tarnished in the industry. Decisions are being made without any regard to compliance, the value of the employee or any business integrity.

Fast growing company

Mortgage Banker (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsStability, good technology, long term outsourcing opportunity

ConsNo 401k matching program in place

Advice to Senior ManagementEnact 401k matching program

Worked for Sutherland Global Services? Contribute to the Community!