Sutherland Global Services

Updated January 31, 2015
2.8

Sutherland Global Services Chairman and CEO Dilip R. Vellodi
Dilip R. Vellodi

Pros
  • You work from home, you can communicate with coaches and managers through a messenger (in 21 reviews)

• Flexible work environment, freedom to explore imagination and creativity (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is depends upon project you are working on (in 10 reviews)

• Low pay - I was hired to do technical support (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Customer service consultant

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services

Pros

Nice first job to start off with

Cons

Everything unorganized terrible evil stupid

Get your management skills

Fulfilled the purpose I was looking for but not a long term career

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in New York, NY

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work at Home (WAH) opportunities are wonderful, but to stay competitive and to keep top quality people, pay us appropriately. Consider paying commission on sales and/or excellent customer service surveys. There is no reward for excellence in sales nor service. The managers in the chat room are helpful and try to keep the shifts fun.

Cons

The pay is unbearably low for the stress of dealing with customers. Sales and service calls are combined and it would be helpful to have reps trained exclusively for sales and exclusively for customer support issues. The metrics and 'rules' are demeaning but that's the way management tries to keep control over Work at Home (WAH) reps.

Pay accordingly for quality reps. Monetary rewards for excellence in sales and service would go a long way in retention and morale.

Great Job; poor Organization

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Sutherland Global Services

Pros

I worked from home! The customers I had were super nice and it was a pleasure to help them. While you are on the phone during your shift there is a live chat room if you need help. Pay was good and lot's of offers of doubletime during holiday season.

Cons

Worst management I have ever seen. No one to speak with about schedule or payroll issues.

Managers should make better contact with new hires and respond to their email and concerns. Holiday temps should be contract 1099.

Fun place to work!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services

Pros

Paid training, free credit/background check, office culture, great TMs (team managers), no commute. Fantastic team atmosphere, easy to use computer systems. The company is wonderful about keeping your shifts in the bid you ask for, so you can still have a life!

Cons

The only con is that the hours you work will drop dramatically between peak seasons. During each holiday season the hours are fantastic!

Keep doing great work! The only suggestion I would make at all would be to offer cross training on a regular basis.

Decent experience, depending on your managers and program.

I worked at Sutherland Global Services

Pros

Stable hours and pay. My program was simple and not very busy, so it wasn't very challenging. I had a lot of free time to chat with coworkers and browse the Internet, although this is likely not the norm. My program manager was very nice and open to hearing feedback.

Cons

Some managers are great, some are terrible. While the pay was okay, it's hardly enough to get by and only worth staying with long term if you plan on advancing within the company.

Listen to your employees, don't play favorites, and offer constructive criticism.

It was a good learning experience

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services

Pros

You get two 15 minute breaks and depending on the call volume your lunch break can range anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Cons

You get pressured to sale a lot. If your not making enough sales than you have to have a employee talk

Love it. Great job and room for advancement.

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services

Pros

Great to work from home. Enjoy the job and the people. Would recommend for people who don't like going into the office. Very peaceful

Cons

Not a lot of cons. There are advancement opportunities.

Home base customer service representative

Current Employee - Customer Support Executive in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Executive in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services

Pros

Having to work from the comfort of your home

Cons

The customer service representative pay is low

Upgrade pay and benefits

People were nice but upper managment did not properly know how to be consistant. The sameRules changed from week to week

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rochester, NY

I worked at Sutherland Global Services

Pros

Pay was ok. My hrs were good. Most people were nice.

Cons

Micro manage. Most of the management spoke terrible of not only the other management but did it in front of the other employees. Then laughed at the employees to other fellow employees...have some class.

Stick with a plan before changing it 3 days later. This is telemarketing and is not for everyone. BUT there are so many trainers and bosses that know how to be effective they should X all of the other employees and walk a mile every day ...not just once. Be specific about changes and let people have a chance to understand b4 changing them. QUIT micro-manageing.

I worked for arise with 3 clients.

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services

Pros

Flexible with scheduling, good pay depending on company chosen, and work at home

Cons

I went through a whole training just to find out that it was a month long job. You have to certify and if you don't you miss out on the money you spent on training.

Sutherland Global Services Photos