Sutherland Global Services

Updated September 21, 2014
2.9

Sutherland Global Services Chairman and CEO Dilip R. Vellodi
Dilip R. Vellodi

Pros
  • They offered work from home opportunities at one point (in 14 reviews)

• Flexible work environment, freedom to explore imagination and creativity (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is depends upon project you are working on (in 10 reviews)

• have got night shifts and have to follow international calender (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Promises to grow in the company with empty follow through.

Former Employee - Team Lead  in  Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Rochester, NY

I worked at Sutherland Global Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good commission plans. Great Benefits. Great place to learn about your worth and get some experience in the call center world.

Cons

no room for improvement, very unprofessional atmosphere. Two faced management.

Please dont lead employees on for growth then when they do what is needed dont allow them to grow.

Great corporation to work for

Current Employee - Tier I Technical Support  in  Hampton, VA
    Current Employee - Tier I Technical Support in Hampton, VA

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Global corporation. You can literally work anywhere in the world. A lot of opportunity to pick up endless skill-sets.

Cons

Not very organized in hierarchy. This can be very challenging as turn-over rate is very high even with management. Salary is usually unfair.

Greath company!

Current Employee - W@H Customer Service Representative  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - W@H Customer Service Representative in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

W@H, opportunity for advancement in company QUICKLY if you have the skill & will.

Cons

Bit of confusion with multiple superiors.

Immediate management needs to be all on the same page! One project as it grows can have many TM's -- with a variety of answers to the same question.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Be Honest and the customer is the company

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

Its a paycheck, Hmmm let me think

Cons

Be honest when hiring employees, fix your systems.

When hiring in employees be honest with them, Do no tell them it is not a selling job . then demand the sales- stand up to your client base, you say you are all about customer satisfactionr- how about employee satisfaction as well? When a customer says no drop it- how would you feel if it was done to you? You are piling too much stress on our tech agents- this why you have such a high turn over

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services

Pros

Office Culture and middle management

Cons

Comp and benefits, employee retention

Steady work, but there was too much moving around within the facility.

Former Employee - Chat Associate  in  Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Chat Associate in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Sutherland Global Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Steady work with some choice in shifts
    Offered a new assignment when old ones ended.
    Good training programs and post training support.

Cons

Did not like being moved from area to area every few weeks. Work areas were too noisy due to several boomboxes brought in by management.
    Client kept changing its policies, sometimes doing a complete about-face on some issues.
    Too many metrics and too much time spent discussing metrics.

Bring back free coffee
    Get rid of the boom boxes.

Operations

Current Employee - Operations  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Operations in Houston, TX

Pros

Lots of different clients and opportunities

Cons

The accounts dont always last long and pay not so good

APPRECIATE THE EMPLOYEES MORE

Good "Stepping Stone" Job. Not A Career.

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in Syracuse, NY

Pros

-Some good people to work with.
    -Jeans months.
    -Fairly laid back environment.
    - Time off, if you need some time off, weather it leave early (if they can afford it that day), come in late, or need a day off, if you tell them early enough, their usually pretty good about it.

-And just to add a personal Pro, I just put in my two weeks yesterday.

Cons

-Benefits, I have NEVER worked for a company that charged you company cost (about $111) for medical insurance every other week. It's not even at any kind of a discount. Also, their 401K is a joke, the employer doesn't even contribute to it at all, and it barely gets invested. I've worked there just over a year and only have $400 in it, that's not right at all.
    -Pay, at $10 an hour starting off, with the verbal abuse you get from customers and managers, it's just not worth it.
    -Managers, now, I can't say this is all managers, but some are very "clicky" with each other. When I am in LEAD (manager) training, and have been the #1 salesman on my program for going on 8 months in a row, and are not offered any kind of a promotion, and they are hiring managers from other programs or people off the street, that's not right at all.
    -Co-Workers, like I said about the managers, I can't say this about everyone, but the quality of their hiring is down right disgusting. I've been told by several managers, that if you can read and write english and have a pulse, you're hired. One manager even said if he sticks a mirror under your nose and it fogs up, you're hired (saying you're alive).
    -Parking, they make you park about 4-5 blocks away at the OnCenter lot and walk, was not fun in the winter, especially last winter when it was -16 some of the mornings.
    -Security, now there is a security guard in some of the programs, what is all fine and good, but when I hear one of my former co-workers gets robbed right in the building where we're located, and even someone shot off a gun, that doesn't make me feel to safe, that might just be me.
    -The So Called "Drug Test" They Give, when they say you're hired, which is usually the same day of your interview, you are told you're gonna take a drug test, what I was fine with, and found out it's a BS mouth swab, what I find out if you don't smoke for about two days, you pass fine. Ya, quality standards there.

-Hire more "quality employees", maybe they'll stick around longer.
    -Piss test people, stop the mouth swab, I guarantee half if not more of the people there do drugs, and some go to work high.
    -And not to be a racist, but bring more American values to the company, the company is from western NY after all.

decent place to work.

Current Employee - In Bound Sales  in  Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - In Bound Sales in Syracuse, NY

Pros

good pay, guaranteed 40 hrs a week, they will work with you to help find a schedule that will fit your needs. PTO starts accumulating after the first 90 days so you have some time of available in the first year working there. If the program is not a right fit they give you other opportunities within the company

Cons

they hire anyone, some of the shifts are late depending on the program (which didnt fit my lifestyle)

okay employer

Current Employee - Technical Support  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Rochester, NY

Pros

easy to get in, my team manager and teammate were pretty easy to get along with

Cons

poor compensation, high turnover rate

pay people more

Worked for Sutherland Global Services? Contribute to the Community!