Sutherland Global Services

www.sutherlandglobal.com
Employer Engaged

I worked for arise with 3 clients.

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services

Pros

Flexible with scheduling, good pay depending on company chosen, and work at home

Cons

I went through a whole training just to find out that it was a month long job. You have to certify and if you don't you miss out on the money you spent on training.

Gained Experience but Disgust Toward Leaders

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Henrietta, NY
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Henrietta, NY

I worked at Sutherland Global Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Opportunities to develop business acumen
    Exposure to large corporate accounts
    Consulting opportunities
    Decent cafeteria
    Some fringe benefits

Cons

Low compensation
    Short-term employer (B2B contracts)
    Bad leadership
    High turnover of reps
    Mostly call center work with few positions to exit cubicles
    Bad HR management
    High turnover of leaders
    Poor training process

Redesign your organization design in order to create longevity that employees can commit to. Stop using autocracy to manage workforce behavior. Implement better pay structures.

Bait & Switch Tactics

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent

I worked at Sutherland Global Services part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working from home
    Helpful Management
    User-friendly programs

Cons

Non-flexible schedule
    Extremely short positions
    Bad communication

Stop with the "Bait & Switch" tactics!
    They will tell you they have an opportunity for you, that it will last a 6-month period. However, they dislike hiring those who need Part Time only.
    10 hour days in one week of training, then 2 weeks on the position which was actually cut short beginning of the second week. They also expected EVERYONE to work 12 hour days.
    Most people who take Work at Home positions DO NOT have time to work 12 hours per day, 6 days per week! They have families! Most of them are stay at home moms who can only do Part Time work!

Don't lie to potential hires to fill your agent quota for the time of need then dump them off.

I was told my project would last until May. They let me, and many other agents go beginning of the 2nd week and then promised a "new project" would "maybe" start mid-late January. Some families can't afford to wait for a company to have work.

Get organized and stop lying to applicants!

Very few make any money.

Current Employee - ADP District Manager in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - ADP District Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Simple way to make 30K, Nice 8-5 hours, or 9-6, whatever works on any given day

Cons

Unchallenged, unappreciated, under utilized. As a BPO they are ALL about the metrics laid out in the contract with their client, even when they mean nothing to the actual job. It's a machine that just keeps rolling and cares very little for the employees. Very misleading income expectations. ZERO 401K contribution.

#1 complaint, please understand the 60EEs don't care if 'the team' or 'the program' hits 100% for the month! That is YOUR bonus, not ours!!
    Hold roundtable discussions with a mix of new, old, young, veteran salespeople. You continue to only listen to the 5, 6 that are making money and will tell you what you want to hear. You are wasting so much of our talent.

Low pay

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services

Pros

Friendly environment great management team

Cons

Low hourly pay rate there

Not a bad company to be employed with

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Sutherland Global Services

Pros

Remote employment ( work at home)
    Full time employee gets ( I was a full time employee) good benefits
    Be prepared to work.

Cons

Sometimes over work employees ( feel like just because your at home then no matter what you should spend your whole day/ life working)
    For work at home employees if your working for a company that is on a contract with them and that company drops Sutherland. You will continue working rest assure its just what kind of a job you will be working. Sutherland does not take that into consideration. You could have been trained working as a data entry processor and now that the contract is over between the two. You are quickly changed to a Tech II with one week of training trying to fix someone's Cable and internet connection over the phone.

Not everyone can quickly adjust or be diverse from one spectrum to the other.

It was very good, excellent training

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services

Pros

Good training and good pay

Cons

Very laid back atmosphere here

Na

Company does not care about employees

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Alexandria, LA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Alexandria, LA

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services

Pros

Full time benefits, PTO, overtime. Steady employment. Good training program to get you started.

Cons

Unorganized nobody was ever on the same page with this company.

Listen to employees more and agree on one thing before giving information to employees.

Consultant VA Choice Program

Former Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Sutherland Global Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, great company to move up in. They have other clients and other programs that you can get transferred to

Cons

Unprofessional management, inconsistency with hours, lay offs, benefits are high, if your looking for job security because you have bills and a family to take care of Runnnnn. This is not the place

I started working for Sutherland Global Services in October for the VA Choice Card Program, it was a new program and they hired me and about 500 other agents, it was so unorganized, they trained us 5 days and put us on the Floors basically not knowing anything we had to feel our way out and was learning as we go. The mangers are unprofessional and shows favoritism, Our schedules changes all the times, which wasn't convenient with the employees who have children or other engagements In their everyday life. They ended up having to lay off so many ppl bc they had hired too many from the start leaving people with no jobs, they did not even give u a warning it was very stressful, stay away from this company they need to be shut down they deserve no clients.the only thing good things about this company was the pay and the sign on bonus... If you like a peace a of mind, organized company, job security, Sutherland is NOT for you! It's absolute torture at this company . The only reason I gave them a star is because I had to rate them lol.

Be Honest

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services (more than a year)

Pros

Good way to show a job experienece on resume

Cons

When you hire in as no sales- - stay that way- do not say that to get a body in the ranks. You say you are customer first. Fine do it ! Be wary on phrasing in interviews.

Allow the Technical support to give top notch quality service to the customers and not push the sales, the customers are the company and are already mad that they are paying high prices for services that don't work- If you want a WOW experience with the customers back them and your employees - is it wortha high turn over losing good help to keep a client?? think about it ...

Sutherland Global Services Photos