Sutherland Global Services

Add Review

Sutherland Global Services Reviews

Updated April 23, 2015
636 reviews filtered by

Manipulative and unorganized company!!

Current Employee - Agent in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Agent in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working from home. Not having to spend gas money going to work.

Cons

Besides being unorganized and being a bit unprofessional, Sutherland's management team are complete manipulators. After training for 1-800 flowers, we were thrown into taking phone calls barely even knowing what we were doing. That was "red flag" number 1. Then, the management team decided they wanted to change our schedules without our permission. We were force to work 12-16 hrs a day, but they tried to make it seem like we were getting paid "double time". $18 per hour for each hour worked over the time of her regular 8 shift. When I got my check, though, it was LESS than $700. I was highly upset! I had worked 104 hrs within a two week timeframe, and my pay check/ stub made no sense at all! Sutherland global services will play mind games to get you to do what they want! They will string you along, then have a thousand excuses to try to justify their nonsense. They don't even have a human resources contact number or info!!

Not to mention how often the system crashes and how much of a inconvience that is! Do NOT work for this company, but if you choose to please be prepared to feel used, overworked, exhausted, and completely confused as to what's going on.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with more respect! We do not deserve to be played with or manipulated. Be upfront and honest about your intentions! No one wants to feel used and lied to, and no one wants to work for free. Appreciate the work we do because a lot of us do work hard and want to succeed. Treat us better! It's only right!

Unfortunately SGS has a very adversarial management culture which affects the employee population

I worked at Sutherland Global Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fairly strong customer base to include brand names in various industries. A decent go to market delivery model that customers seem to appreciate.

Cons

Legacy management that struggles greatly to properly scale the organization. Lack of process and functional policies prevent streamlined and effective decision making. Roles and corresponding responsibilities are very blurred.

Advice to Management

Frankly there's a dire need to replace some C level leaders and to properly unify and align the team. There also needs to be considerable and effective investment in employee engagement. Morale is very low leading to lack of engagement and low productivity.

Horrible Experience - Horrible Training and Trainers - Lack of Respect

Former Employee - Work At Home Technical Support in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Work At Home Technical Support in Rochester, NY

I worked at Sutherland Global Services

Pros

There are no pros here.

Cons

The hourly rate is a joke especially considering how much they require you to do. You will see your job responsibilities increase progressively but never be offered a pay increase for doing so.

Training is Horrible = For the almost 500 pages of information that you will be required to learn having a 2 week training is nearly impossible to grasp all of that information.

My class began with 28 employees. At the end, only 9 remained.

Lastly, but certainly not least, you will be under the directive of ambassadors during nesting that will treat you as if you are in a concentration camp. Frankly, for 8.50 per hour, you should not have to accept that type of treatment and verbal abuse. That behavior would not be acceptable in a regular workplace and Sutherland is not the exception to this rule. You have rights as an employee and I suggest that you use them if you encounter that type of experience.

Advice to Management

Monitor your ambassadors a lot more and verify that they are treating your new hires as they should, because ultimately, they are the ones who are causing your high turnover rate. You lose good employees and your client's customers are cancelling services because they feel like your employees cannot provide them the assistance they deserve. Your employees are only going to be as good as your training and ambassadors.

5. Sutherland global services review

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services

Pros

They were offered double pay for overtime. Its a pretty easy job selling Cheryl's cookies

Cons

They change your days off and your hours that you are supposed to work daily. You are told you get off at one time at the end of training however you are then told you are working a 30 minute lunch and an hour of overtime because you came in early?

Advice to Management

If you want to keep employees be considerate of their time when changing their schedules without notice.

Great Work At Home Place

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is filled with the nicest people. I enjoy waking up and going to work every day. People are so laid back and fun. They truly care about making us better customer service reps. When you screw up, they talk to you and help you become better at the areas you are struggling in.

Cons

training was 5 weeks and I feel like I learn more when I was on the phones myself and figuring it all out. I had about 1 day and a half to practice taking calls before being thrown in it. I wish there was longer and more time of practice with call taking.

Advice to Management

Not sure at this point what to say. All good things. Great managers and great people.

7. It was a nice company.

I worked at Sutherland Global Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best things here in this company are the benefits they are providing.

Cons

Some of the Challenges in this company are the Salary and benefits sometimes we always have a dispute with this company its really hard to file a dispute since their payroll is in India it really takes time.

Advice to Management

Please Ask your employees what are the things you need to improve. Don't just say it to us Do it!

Customer Service - Turbo Tax

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Rochester, NY

I worked at Sutherland Global Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They were very detailed in regard to training prior to releasing us to take live calls. In addition, we were given the opportunity to listen in as agents assisted customers, and this gave us a chance to advise the agent the steps we would take. This helped develop a relationship with our co-workers as well as gain an understanding of what the workflow would be like.

Cons

My main challenge was my commute of nearly 70 miles one way, combined with the relatively low income of under $10 per hour. I made the same money for similar positions nearly 20 years ago, but was grateful for the opportunity to receive any income by the time I was offered this position.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent training, but consider offering your employees wages that they can support themselves and their families with. The majority of those I worked with were younger, and I feel that with experience should also come compensation.

Citi Operations

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services

Pros

Lots of projects with big names

Cons

They don't pay that we'll and not a company who cares about employees.

Advice to Management

Treat employees better and recycle good employees by putting them on other projects when one ends.

WAH Technical Specialist

Current Employee - WAH Technical Specialist
    Current Employee - WAH Technical Specialist

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at home is great; Good promotion and bonus opportunities;
    Part-time work is only 25 hours mandatory, but you get opportunity for all the
    overtime you can handle.

Cons

Time-off is non-existent; have to make-up all time off;
    Software for WAH is only acceptable; Systems down frequently, practically every day there is
    a software problem that requires technical support to work without basic tools.
    Technical positions requires mandatory sales regardless of how good you are at technical support.

Advice to Management

Technical positions should pay more; time-off policies should be created for WAH positions.
    Initial training should be more specific to the real job requirements.
    Imposing sales requirements in a technical position should be eliminated.
    Sales should be a requirement of sales ONLY not CSR or technical positions.

11. Process Associate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, benefits are ok

Cons

Manager doesn't listen to employees, wants you to work in silence. Some correspondence is very toneful. HR is non existent.

Sutherland Global Services Photos