Sutter Health

Be The First To
Add Photos

Sutter Health President and CEO Pat Fry

Pat Fry

Pros
  • Great benefits and if you are with the right group can be a rewarding experience(in 10 reviews)

• They still have a pretty good benefits package(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management shows no appreciation of staff, work load unbalanced(in 9 reviews)

• Decision-making can be agonizingly slow(in 3 reviews)

The nature of the Beast!!!

ProsIntensive care nursing is a passion and a calling. I cant discuss benifits or perks because they are falling off the map so quickley around here I feel like they have been abducted by aliens

ConsCorporate greed at its best. Fat cats salary rising...middle managment smiling and and taking thier bonuses and vacation's while keepimg the budget down, while the nurses pay decreased by 15%...the benefits were cut and the work load increased due to 15 people not being replaced after they left (over 2 years).... Cons?...Oh thats an understatement.

Advice to Senior ManagementJump off the Goldengate bridge!!!!

Lots of opportunity to grow as a professional.

ProsMaking a difference in our communities

Consslow decision making. New processes needed for non clinical areas

Rapidly Changing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFocusing forward in planning and structure.

ConsCommunication in rapid change is always difficult.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok

Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) Citrus Heights, CA

ProsTo get a good benifits

ConsTo communicate the other people

Advice to Senior ManagementBe considerate

Organization is okay but....

ProsOverall, the company has great values (ie-patient care is #1) and there are a lot of dedicated and hardworking people that belong to this organization.

ConsCompensation is okay but could be a lot better. Not sure if all the dedication and hard work is acknowledge/recognized. A lot of great workers are lost to other companies because the salaries don't seem to be competitive/market value.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your strong employees and compensate them for their worth and the retention of these valuable employees may increase. A lot of money is wasted on hiring consultants and contractors (although they bring a wealth of knowledge) and seems to cost the company too much.

Excellent medical center with a lot of complexity and career options.

Business Manager (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsContinuous education. They have lecture series like the Mini Medical College that allow you to constantly gain new knowledge. Extremely intelligent doctors. High level of excellence in healthcare services.

ConsVery complex organization so it is not always that easy to figure out the right career progression for advancing. There are opportunities to work for private practice MD groups that are affiliated with Sutterhearh (members of the Medical Staff) and opportunities as Sutterhealth employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet up a career counseling department so that dedicated employees can better navigate the system, get promoted without threatening their existing bosses.

Great place to work

ProsThe pay with Sutter is decent for the area. They have good opportunities such as paying for up to 24 hours of continuing education credits per year. Most of the staff members are a pleasure to work with. Paid time off is hard to beat.

ConsShort staffing at times makes it hard to get time off but that may be more of just a departmental issue.

My experience wiith suuter has been great.

HMO and PPO Support (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsGood pay and good bennifits with great managment and staff to work with

ConsNone that I can think of at this point.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing to share at this moment.

Does not listen.

Physician (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsGreat bunch of pediatricians but overworked.

ConsEvery year complained about work ethics of the person I worked with but was never addressed. This is not the tight knit organization it claims to be . Money and profitability over run values, ethics and honesty.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen. Rely on the insights and capacities of junior work force.

After nine years and helping to build a new department (working 45-50 hours a week for 40 hours pay), I was laid off.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent health insurance. Unionized employees at least get paid for hours worked.

ConsMy direct manager/supervisor changed six times in nine years. (I kid you not.) Terrible morale. People holing on because they needed the job. The facility CEO (my second... or was it third?) got perspiration across his upper lip every time he had to lead a quarterly meeting with general employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have good-hearted, smart, skilled, caring health professionals -- give them good-hearted, smart, skilled, caring guidance.

Worked for Sutter Health? Contribute to the Community!