Sutter Physician Services

Updated Jun 24, 2014

Charles Wirth

Great Company to work for. Challenging for personal growth & development

Sacramento, CA

ProsFair and consistent people management. Excellent health benefits. Interesting work at the forefront of Healthcare Reform.

ConsHierarchical structure makes it difficult to initiate new ideas. Very outdated with internal infrastructure technology.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow new leaders to bring their new ideas to the table and give them a fair hearing.

The place I will retire from.

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsStrong focus on employees, patients, and clients. My leader empowers me to make decisions and creates an environment for change and growth.

ConsSome a antiquated processes. Too many layers of management in operational areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's not always beneficial to keep employees for the sake of not wanting to lay off.

mediocre

ProsConsider discussing: Office Culture, Personal Growth, work life, and other things that are very good at the company

ConsWhat are some of the challenges of working here? Consider discussing training, promotion, leader ship, and other things are not so good here.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Meh

Manager (Former Employee)
    Rancho Cordova, CA

ProsThey try to be a great place to work

ConsThey think they are progressive but they are way behind Sutter Health, their parent company

Advice to Senior ManagementLow integrity in senior management actions

Not what they profess to be

Account Representative II - Patient Pay (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGood benefits (health insurance). No other pros that I can think of.

ConsPoor training. The first two weeks of training was excellent, after that, you are on your own. The way you learn is by being written up by QA. You earn PTO time but are not allowed to take it without 48 hours notice (who can give 48 hours notice when sick or in an emergency). Have absolutely no leeway on lateness, even if you call in. They relocated 35 miles to the north of their original location with no public transportation available and poor highway situations and have no tolerance for being late. As a result, they have massive turnover in their employees after they have invested major time and money into training. Poor morale in company. What they profess to believe that the patient comes first, it is all about the stats and pushing as many people to collections as fast as possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue good employees and recognize accomplishments.

Disorganized project, lack of vision and leadership from both middle and upper management (specific to SCC project/dept)

Implementation Analyst (Current Employee)
    Emeryville, CA

Pros- Smart, talented, and sociable colleagues at the analyst level.
    - Reasonable health benefits (expected from a company in the healthcare industry)
    - Reasonable work/life balance; has a culture that doesn't impose overtime
    - Flexible in granting PTO requests

Cons- low pay for the job expectations and responsibilities
    - fosters a culture of distrust and blame that detracts from teamwork; emphasis on CYA
    - inexperienced supervisors/management
    - continued attrition and lack of management intervention or communication on the subject
    - redundant, inconsistent processes that add/detract from productivity
    - lack and inconsistent communication among leadership, management, and other teams
    - under utilization and mismanagement of resources

Advice to Senior Management- Get talented leaders and individuals into key positions that have experience and vision to drive and direct the project.
    - Be willing to eliminate low performing individuals from both analyst and management levels.
    - Invest in your employees growth and develop talent and experience from within.

Ok

Business Analyst (Former Employee)
    Sacramento, CA

ProsSome managers very engaged and nice.

ConsNo parking - it's a nighmare.

Get Rid of The Managers...

Sacramento, CA

ProsThere are pretty decent benefits...

ConsThere is a extra layer of management that provides no value whatsoever. Why pay for these people to be here when they are essentially worthless. Supervisors are over-worked and under paid. I'd never want to "supervise" at this place.

Rapidly growing, successful, action-oriented company that takes great care of its employees.

Rancho Cordova, CA

ProsCompany is financially secure, no history of layoffs, high employee satisfaction scores, great morale, excellent benefit package, on-site workout facility and urgent care clinic, employee wellness program. Lots of opportunities due to rapid growth.

ConsLots of change due to rapid growth (could be a downside if you're uncomfortable with change). Very action oriented - at times the pace is crazy, which makes for temporary uncertainty.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue in your commitment to making SPS a great place to work. As the company continues at a rapid pace of growth, recruiting the very best talent becomes more of a challenge.

Worked for Sutter Physician Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sutter Physician Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sutter Physician Services CEO Charles Wirth. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Sutter Physician Services employees.