Suzy's Reviews

Reset
2.0
CEO

1. Work doesn't end

Former Employee - Store Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Suzy's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sometimes you get weekend off

Cons

Too much work Long hours Continuous hiring as people leave in a week or a month max. Hard to reach sales goals and to make bonus

2. Sales Associate

I worked at Suzy's

Pros

friendly staff made fun working environment

Cons

-unorganized management -very poor pay for the amount of work expected -company has no benefits

3. Okay, but pay stinks.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Suzy's

Pros

- get to work with people in a fun way - sometimes flexible with hours - most of my co-workers were nice and friendly

Cons

- pay stinks - some management was good, some not-so-good - unsure of the qualifications of senior management (very possibly had qualifications/experience, I saw sr. management so little though) - I went to quit and the manager "happened" to be thinking about giving me a raise and position as shift leader (I only had to threaten to quit to get this though??) - stayed til twenty to midnight one night trying to clean the store to a reasonable amount of cleanliness (we were way understaffed that evening) unsuccessfully - we left it a mess because we couldn't clean anymore - we were exhausted! - mostly all-women staff - working with a mix of women and men, I have found, creates a much more pleasant work environment.

Advice to Management

- talk to staff at staff level. - if you pay people more, you will get more out of them. - come up with behaviors for sales associates that work for them with good incentives to work for them. - you need more incentive to stay with you guys.

5. Management lacking organization

Current Employee - Salesperson in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Salesperson in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Suzy's

Pros

Nice team, fast-paced and never boring, discounts, many locations across Canada, large company with potential for advancement in the fashion world

Cons

Poor organization, retail customers tend to be very rude, discount is only 20%, expect a lot of work for minimum wage salary

Advice to Management

Be organized, respect your employees, stop being the main cause of gossip and rumours that plague the company

RSS Feed </> Embed