Svam International Inc

Updated Mar 20, 2014

Svam International Inc President and CEO Anil Kapoor

Anil Kapoor

Working for SVAM

SharePoint Consultant (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Svam International Inc full-time for more than a year

ProsHave the opportunity to work in US as a Mexican, without too much paper work or long process, just apply interviews and in one month you can move to NY.

ConsWhen you have to relocate in another city, they pay you only one week of hotel and rental car, I think should be more time, at least two weeks.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't only ask for money to your middle clients ask for feedback as well as talk to your consultants once in awhile

Bad option

.NET Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Svam International Inc full-time for less than a year

ProsReimburse visa sponsorship, one way ticket expenses, and provides a guest house before finding a project.

ConsThis is a bad company to work for. It is a consulting company that sells the idea of having a stable payment regardless of having or not a project.
This is true but you pay a lot for that, having an extremely low salary, which at the beginning you think it is a good deal (I'm talking about people who come from another country).
Then when you realize that the salary is not enough to live in this country and you can get much more somewhere else, anywhere else.
This is when you realize that you can't resign until the first year is over. The worst thing is the manipulation of information, keeping the employee under
ignorance.

Advice to Senior ManagementI see that your business is to hire consultants, sell them really expensive and pay them low until they realize it and leave (now at least for a year).
Why not change the business model and start paying competitive salaries? Then more people will join the company and will stay longer. In time this
business model would create more money for your company and the employees will benefit immediately.

Think about it more than twice before joining

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Svam International Inc

ProsYou'll get a constant payment (once you have your social security processed)

ConsWhere to start... the payment you receive is way too low, not a competitive salary at all.
We are talking about 45-55K for a development position! Added to this you have a contractor's life which means that you can't
establish in a city because your project can finish anytime and you'll need to move. Cancellation fees (as your rental and any other service)
are on your own (even finding places where you can get a month to month basis is complicated). Now professional growth: the process is once you join the
company you'll be in many interviews, which is fine. However there are two situations to mention. First you will never decide which option to take, they
will select the company for you, your opinion doesn't count (believe me on this one, I tried). The second one is that your resume will be modified by them,
adding more years to your experience according to the clients' needs (this is more a warning to SVAM clients). Finally their main purpose is keep ignorance,
ask everything before joining, and I mean everything. Even though you are not in a percentage basis ask for that info (they should be able to provider it).
Ask about the 401K rules that they have, the medical insurance provided (price and conditions), your visa renewals and Green Card Process. Please pay
attention on this, they will offer you the Green Card. Go away of it! This is just a way to hook you for many more years. Check it, most employees
are just waiting the end of the Green Card process to move to another place. I just want to help people know a little bit more about this company, inform
yourself and if you still think this is a good step in your carreer then good luck.

Advice to Senior ManagementMany things to improve, first listen and pay more to your employees.

Good company to start in the US

.NET Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Svam International Inc full-time for less than a year

ProsEasy to enter the company, interview is very basic, they sponsor visa.

ConsThey pay the minimum allowed by law for a software developer, they make you sign a clause to pay them 10k if you leave before 1 year but they let you know that once you are in NY and you left your previous job, they listen to all of your interviews because when the clients realize you are good enough they want to hire you for a better rate, that is why they are so paranoiac because they know they are underpaying you.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat can I say all the companies in US are the same, money is first in this country we all know that, you are a nice person but let me tell you something, every employee you have from Mexico will leave the company if you don't match the market salary.

So far a good place to start if you're new in town. Doesn't look like a place to stay for more than a year or two.

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
Great Neck, NY

ProsVISA Sponsorship
Guest house available while on bench.
Company reimburses all transportation expenses incurred due to interviews.
People in office are friendly, everyone is willing to give a hand whenever needed.

ConsLow salary compared to industry standard.
Sales team gets you lots of interviews that don{t have anything to do with your profile and sometimes don't provide an adequate feedback on the positions.
Office looks old and some PCs are also old and obsolete.

Advice to Senior ManagementMr. Kapoor is a very nice person, however there are a few things that require improvement: The office looks old and not very appealing... also one of the guest houses. Matresses are old. For new comers or first timers it would be good to have some kind of welcome package with info on transportation, shopping centers, etc. so that integration is faster.

low salary

Software Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Svam International Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros- for people arriving the US this could mean a higher salary compared to other countries salaries.
- company pays expenses as flight, visa, and guest house (for a while)
- they pay in time

Cons- much lower salary compared to what you can get in the market
- expensive medical insurance is offered
- no information is provided regarding to how much the employee is payed vs what the clients pay
- you have to stay for at least a year or pay $10K USD. This is what they tell you this until you arrive at the US (I am just waiting to finish my year so I can move from here)
- no chance to select the project to be assigned to
- you can't settle in a city since your project can change of place anytime. If there is any change you have to pay for rental expenses and cancellation fees.
- doesn't pay 401K even though they say they will

Advice to Senior ManagementInform correctly before moving people to the US (better to have less but commited empoyees than more and unsatisfied). Pay more to your employees, it doesn't take long to figure out the payment is low. Adding the "at least one year" clause could be removed if you pay better your employees and inform them.

low payment but in time

Software Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Svam International Inc full-time for less than a year

- company pays expenses as flight, visa, and guest house (for a while)
- this company pays the salary in time

Cons- much lower salary compared to what you can get in the market
- expensive medical insurance is offered as benefit
- no chance to select the project to be assigned to
- doesn't pay 401K even though they say they will

Advice to Senior ManagementInform correctly before moving people to the US (better to have less but commited empoyees than more and unsatisfied). Pay more to your employees, it doesn't take long to figure out the payment is low. Adding the "at least one year" clause could be removed if you pay better your employees and inform them, because employees would want to stay in your company.

good as first step in usa

I have been working at Svam International Inc full-time

Prosthey are really honest, they will take care of all the process for the visa , it's a good first step for your career in USA

Consif you are not Indian expect a rude treatment , your opinion it doesn't count, you can not choose a client, project or city, if you have family is not a good option, if you are single it will be a great experience

Advice to Senior Managementthe developers are the product of the company, be nice with them, a better treatment it will help to retain to the developers

Great Work Opportunity

Programmer (Former Employee)
Great Neck, NY

I worked at Svam International Inc full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTruly Amazing place to work I truly recommend it to all. Career growth is great and the CEO Anil Kapoor is truly an amazing help. Pay is great, work is great, this company is really amazing. It is on the rise and i hope to see it on the fortune 500 list soon! CATCH THIS BOAT BEFORE IT SAILS OFF!

ConsNone.... some people on this site say that there are poor opportunities and are complaining, however I can personally tell you that even a Microsoft (where i am at now is not comparable) SVAM is rising, it is exciting, and now that I left I regret it. If you read complain reviews IGNORE THEM they were probably laid off. (the company expects dedication and proper work, it is a challenging environment and the pay reflects what they expect. IF YOU WORK HERE I CAN GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BECOME BETTER IN YOUR LINE OF WORK

Advice to Senior ManagementKEEP IT UP YOU GUYS ARE GREAT

Awesome Place to Work

I have been working at Svam International Inc full-time

ProsGood Management . Awesome work culture.

ConsCould not find any cons

Worked for Svam International Inc? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Svam International Inc reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Svam International Inc CEO Anil Kapoor. All 25 reviews posted anonymously by Svam International Inc employees.