Svam International

Updated March 1, 2015
2.6

Svam International President and CEO Anil Kapoor
Anil Kapoor

Pros
  • They pay a salary while finding a project (in 6 reviews)

• They provide Guest House until you have a project (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • If you already accepted this job then don't think on accepting Green Card with them, that means staying a longer period of time under these conditions (in 6 reviews)

• I was informed by an ex-employee that they are forcing new employees to stay in contract for a year under 10K usd (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Acceptable place to work for some months

I worked at Svam International

Pros

Working in the US opens a new market for an IT professional. This market is much better than the Mexican industry (at least nowadays). Svam offers the possibility for you to move to the US and start in a good market. Salary is enough for bachelors to survive the time you work with them and you'll get hosting for some days. This company finds potential clients for you and manages interviews (most remote, some in person) and pays your one way bus, train, or airplane (if far) to your new project. Having experience in the US is a great professional growth and a great experience.

Cons

This company is not a serious IT option for more than some months. I found inconsistencies on their management and on what they promise and what they actually do. They promised me a salary since the day I arrive, however they didn't mention how much they would pay (you suppose it's the same salary you were promised, that didn't happen). Also they promised a house while having a project in New York. Suddenly they started charging people rent (never mentioned that before). I recommend that, once you are settled and had some experience, move to a good company or as a consultant with the real US salaries.

Please be more specific on what you offer as employer. I suggest to the management to focus a little bit more on employees, practically you are an HR company for most employees. Also I would recommend less middle vendors, that way you can offer competitive pay to consultants.

Horrible company with zero ethics.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Svam International

Pros

work life balance is ok but for some that too is bad

Cons

everything else, pay, hr, work culture, ethics etc.

Good to help you get in the door..then leave for better clients and pay

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Svam International

Pros

Marketing is OK, can help you find decent clients.

Cons

Cheap tactics, poor management, run by a group of friends who seem to care more about their income than your career

Replace management staff

Consultants

I worked at Svam International

Pros

Good for consulting, marketing is OK

Cons

Bad for stability, cheap management tactics

Change with time

Very Dissatisfied

I have been working at Svam International

Pros

Good location for headquarters, several clients and projects to join almost everywhere in the U.S.

Cons

Overall working conditions are deplorable: office, mgmt, benefits, salary. I thought it was a good idea as first experience on the IT field: I guessed wrong. I found imposition several times and stubbornness when negotiating, give a good first impression which quickly fades away. I would say this is a bad company to work for after knowing the conditions of some Indians and Mexicans.

Be more open-minded, renew some of your staff.

Not recommended as first step on US

Former Employee - Java Developer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Java Developer in New York, NY

I worked at Svam International full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good recruiters of consultants, sponsors of h1b visa, provide a house for the first days in the US

Cons

Terrible management where money is first, greed is the moto of this company. The reason for me to say this are the salaries they pay, which are the minimum wage alowed. They won't leave many things clear as benefits and how/when they pay you. You will be spied on every interview and phone call you do, there is no privacy. I was informed by an ex-employee that they are forcing new employees to stay in contract for a year under 10K usd! Vikas and Vish will cheat on what they offer, I heard they threat some people when they leave the company. I had a very bad time getting my W2 form after leaving the company and got inefficiency from Sandeep at any accounting process done. People, inform yourselves, read the reviews and don't take the easy way. I did it and I regret it, hoping my experience could help someone else.

Your employees overall (at least consultants) are unsatisfied and are stuck with Green Card or lack of self respect. You are taking advantage con the economical, social conditions, and ignorance of other people. As I see it you earn a lot of money this way but not as much as good companies on the US. I hope this could change someday, for the good of everyone.

Developer SR

I have been working at Svam International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you start of scratch in usa, its ok, Svam is a good sponsor , them have a lot of contacts with a many middleman's, you can find a work quickly, svam provide the support to live a while in a guesthouse, I think, that is the only one company that do that, so that is a good point. The challenge come after that you find out a work, the process to find a word can taken, 1 months up to 3 months. they sponsor the visa and give you insurance.

Cons

svam, is not the only option in usa , They are only a sponsor more that exist in states , and them are working with a schema of layers, so your salary is split into different middleman , so if you have only one middleman or if you work directly, your salary can be better. You need consider the balance the process of a green card, take time, at least more that 2 years .... so try to handle a good wage, take a look the salary that is pay in each state, in order to have a idea. Usa is expensive so for example a rent is between 800 to 1000 thousand dollars and the food and transportation like 600 more, so your salary is affected. The medical services are very expensive, try to have a dental service added in your insurance

the insurance can include dental service.
    when you change of project the support for the hotel can be handled for one months.
    the salary must be modified after you find work (depend of the project)
    Have a bonus after certain time can be good.

Nothing special

I have been working at Svam International

Pros

I have seen awful consultant companies that don't pay to their employees what they agreed nor in time. This is not the case with Svam, they will pay what you agree and in the period of time considered each paycheck. As a consultant you will be moving to different projects, most of the time to different cities.

Cons

I don't see something special about this company. I would say that if a company does not pay for your visa and transportation (for foreigners), then it simply is not an option. Most companies pay for these expenses. My only complains for Svam are: paycheck is bellow the US standard for IT and they force you to stay on the company a complete year. So you don't have freedom to move. If you agree with how much they offer, then it is a good option. For me it wasn't so I would not recommend it, I moved out once I had the chance. I think this could work for some people with lower economical expectations.

Try offering a distinction on your benefits and/or salary. The competition is hard and consultants will go for the company who offers better benefits (as real training, more payed vacations, interesting 401K constributions) or better salary. This is possible since clients pay very well.

Good company to start in USA

Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst

I have been working at Svam International full-time

Pros

They pay for trip and visa fees to work in USA. Guest house and reimbursement for relocation. Green Card is offered paid by company

Cons

Salary is under industry and insurance is not as good

Pay more attention on races

Svam it's great to start the real IT adventure working in the US.

Current Employee - PHP Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - PHP Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Svam International full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Base full-time salary and benefits; TN/H1B Visa sponsorship; Relocation reimbursement; Great Consultancy Projects; Good work-life balance; Office Culture

Cons

Training even when is part of the benefits there's no time to go out and learn something new. Most of the clients are in the New York metro area which is cool BUT it's very expensive to live.

Svam International Photos