Svam International

Updated September 5, 2014
2.9

Svam International President and CEO Anil Kapoor
Anil Kapoor

Good company to start in USA

Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst

I have been working at Svam International full-time

Pros

They pay for trip and visa fees to work in USA. Guest house and reimbursement for relocation. Green Card is offered paid by company

Cons

Salary is under industry and insurance is not as good

Pay more attention on races

Svam it's great to start the real IT adventure working in the US.

Current Employee - PHP Developer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - PHP Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Svam International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Base full-time salary and benefits; TN/H1B Visa sponsorship; Relocation reimbursement; Great Consultancy Projects; Good work-life balance; Office Culture

Cons

Training even when is part of the benefits there's no time to go out and learn something new. Most of the clients are in the New York metro area which is cool BUT it's very expensive to live.

Greedy Consultant Company

Current Employee - .NET Developer  in  Great Neck, NY
    Current Employee - .NET Developer in Great Neck, NY

I have been working at Svam International full-time for more than a year

Pros

efficient to find a new project, easy interviews, and give lodging the first days on arrival

Cons

inequality between the consultants price for end clients and the economical compensations that these consultants get. they lie to the end clients on their employees' resumes, adding more experience and projects so they can sell them more expensive. In contrast they pay pittance to employees which results on most contractors leaving this company soon. new management changes include forcing employees to stay a year in this company instead of improving their conditions, which means they prefer to exploit people for a year than have more and better payed employees.

Contracting world is not only about making profit on the difference between how much you sell a contractor and how much you pay them. The business is around having good contractors, happy, and working hard in order to satisfy your clients for a long period of time. being greedy does not mean you'll do a better business.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Needs better attention to employee

Current Employee - .NET Developer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - .NET Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Svam International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Employees are on several interviews everyday and usually find a project very fast, the company pays for 1way ticket to NY and then to the city of the project within US.

Cons

Once you become an employee, management is very slow on processing everything, even answering e-mails. I always suffered delays on refunds from hotels, cabs, and visa. On interviews they never mention that employees should stay in the company for at least a year by contract. No life nor long term disability insurance offered, also no personnel training is an option.

I will suggest you to mention important contract details when the interview is going on, it is really unpleasant to find them out in the end, once you left your job and came to another country. Also if you offer salary below industry average try to give more than basic compensations. Attention to candidate is really good, keep the same service once they are employees. Finally talk to your contractors, ask them feedback about their project and general service from the company.

Paranoic People

Former Employee - J2EE Developer  in  Great Neck, NY
    Former Employee - J2EE Developer in Great Neck, NY

I worked at Svam International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Start working on the US

Cons

Every single phone call and email is checked by these guys, they supervise everything you say and how you say it and get angry if you . They don't even allow you to give your personal cell phone to recruiters. I didn't understand why at the beginning but later I figured out that some of the project seekers wanted full-time employees and since most opportunities on the industry are better payed and have better benefits, most Svam employers used to leave the company.

Pressure and supervision on employees would be unnecessary with better work conditions.

Great Environment

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst

I have been working at Svam International full-time

Pros

Great Work environment , management puts people first and a good chance of career advancement as long as you do a good job . Good coworkers and very team driven

Cons

a bit of siloed in departments

Not the best nor the worst

I worked at Svam International

Pros

I see extreme opinions from this company i wanted to give mine more neutral and objective:
    Salaries in this company are lower than the average market, check it by yourself on glassdoor, payscale, indeed, etc and compare your offer. if you do not agree just do not accept or ask for a fair amount
    Svam reimburse the Visa expenses for you and your immediate family (per person it is aprox 150 USD)
    In the contract you sign (with a penalty of 10,000 USD) it states that you have to stay at SVAM for at least a year so be sure you are convinced with your salary offer because you will have to live with it for a while.
    Svam buys way airplane for you and your family.
    They provide Guest House until you have a project. The conditions of these houses is variable and depends a lot on the people that live there. They are basic, not good nor bad.
    Green card is offered almost immediately. If you do not agree on your current salary then do not accept the GC since you will have to stay with SVAM for at least 3 or 4 more years.
    i do not know if SVam pays cancellation fees but they never mention it, if you have questions about this ask to the company before joining.
    They offer 401K when asked by the employee, they could pay only 15-20% of your contributions. In my opinion this is low but at least it is offered.
    Interviews are monitored, this is true. The reason is that some employers made better propositions of full time employment to Svam employees and they left Svam. It is understandable since Svam loses money.
    Svam will give you many interviews and will select the better economical option for them. For you, as an employee, is the same because you have a salary.
    Professional growth depends on you as everywhere else. They do not pay for training.
    Medical insurance is not very good option with Svam, it costs (aprox) 500 USD for a family coverage. Check the market before accepting the insurance with them.

Cons

I will recommend to you to ask everything before joining. For example they say they pay you since you arrive to the US which is true but you will not receive payment until you have a Sec Num, but you can ask for salary advance. Ask for the process of visa renovation, if you do not want to risk with a visa renovation out of the US you can ask them for a premium processing fee.
    In most cases, when people do not have Green Card processing, employees leave soon and this is due to the payment (even the good reviews mentioned that they left the company after the Green Card process is done). Try to be analytical, I think Svam is not a good company but it is not the worst. IT is a very competitive market so if this option is not the best look for others. if it does then good luck.

Used to be a decent place, not an option anymore

Current Employee - Systems Analyst  in  Great Neck, NY
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Great Neck, NY

I have been working at Svam International full-time for more than a year

Pros

h1b visa sponsor and offer salary based jobs

Cons

this company was a decent opporunity to start working on the US. Even though they offered a joke as a salary, poor benefits, and late reimburstments for some expenses, they gave salary before starting a project and a guest house to stay. Now they are asking the new employees to stay 18 months at least and pay for staying at the guest house! So staying in this company (more than 6 months I would say) means losing a lot of money that you can get almost anywhere in the US, as consultant or full-time employee. It worked for me sinced I moved quicky but now it is a bad idea. If you already accepted this job then don't think on accepting Green Card with them, that means staying a longer period of time under these conditions.

Svam International Response

Jun 28, 2014COO

Green Card is not offered a means to handcuff anyone – anyone applying for a Green card with any company will have to work for them till the time their Green Card is approved. If the intention was to ... More

A bad experience

Current Employee - Systems Analyst  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Svam International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Payment is done in time, business people are good finding project

Cons

This is the worst consultant company I have ever been there is no attention to the employee, reimbursement is paid late. When money is the topic this company shows its real face. Inform yourselves very good when joining this cunning people.

Check schedules on your management, give maintenance to offices and treat employeea better, they are the core of your business. Why do you think your business has not grown lately?

Svam International Response

Jun 28, 2014COO

"Cunning" is a real strong word - not sure what wrong has SVAM done to you but please contact me and I will make sure that your concerns are taken care of.
    Also, please let us know if we did not
    ... More

Just waiting to leave

Current Employee - .NET Developer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - .NET Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Svam International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working in the US, getting paid before finding my project

Cons

They never told that their contract does not let you leave the company for a while so I got stuck in this underpaid job for a while, really no freedom, i feel stuck here i didn't know that many people feel similar to me. I want to warn other people about this company, there are many opportunities in other places. Reading that the VP of svam writes a positive review of this company is pathetic, good places speak by themselves

You need to change several people of your staff, offer posibility of percentage payment as real consultants and let Mexicans know about everything before we leave our jobs

Worked for Svam International? Contribute to the Community!