Svam International

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Svam International President and CEO Anil Kapoor

Anil Kapoor

Great Environment

Programmer Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsGreat Work environment , management puts people first and a good chance of career advancement as long as you do a good job . Good coworkers and very team driven

Consa bit of siloed in departments

Needs better attention to employee

.NET Developer (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsEmployees are on several interviews everyday and usually find a project very fast, the company pays for 1way ticket to NY and then to the city of the project within US.

ConsOnce you become an employee, management is very slow on processing everything, even answering e-mails. I always suffered delays on refunds from hotels, cabs, and visa. On interviews they never mention that employees should stay in the company for at least a year by contract. No life nor long term disability insurance offered, also no personnel training is an option.

Advice to Senior ManagementI will suggest you to mention important contract details when the interview is going on, it is really unpleasant to find them out in the end, once you left your job and came to another country. Also if you offer salary below industry average try to give more than basic compensations. Attention to candidate is really good, keep the same service once they are employees. Finally talk to your contractors, ask them feedback about their project and general service from the company.

Paranoic People

J2EE Developer (Former Employee)
    Great Neck, NY

ProsStart working on the US

ConsEvery single phone call and email is checked by these guys, they supervise everything you say and how you say it and get angry if you . They don't even allow you to give your personal cell phone to recruiters. I didn't understand why at the beginning but later I figured out that some of the project seekers wanted full-time employees and since most opportunities on the industry are better payed and have better benefits, most Svam employers used to leave the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementPressure and supervision on employees would be unnecessary with better work conditions.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Used to be a decent place, not an option anymore

Great Neck, NY

Prosh1b visa sponsor and offer salary based jobs

Consthis company was a decent opporunity to start working on the US. Even though they offered a joke as a salary, poor benefits, and late reimburstments for some expenses, they gave salary before starting a project and a guest house to stay. Now they are asking the new employees to stay 18 months at least and pay for staying at the guest house! So staying in this company (more than 6 months I would say) means losing a lot of money that you can get almost anywhere in the US, as consultant or full-time employee. It worked for me sinced I moved quicky but now it is a bad idea. If you already accepted this job then don't think on accepting Green Card with them, that means staying a longer period of time under these conditions.

Svam International COO responded to this review Jun 28, 2014 EditDelete
    Green Card is not offered a means to handcuff anyone – anyone applying for a Green card with any company will have to work for them till the time their Green Card is approved. If the intention was to ... More

A bad experience

Chicago, IL

ProsPayment is done in time, business people are good finding project

ConsThis is the worst consultant company I have ever been there is no attention to the employee, reimbursement is paid late. When money is the topic this company shows its real face. Inform yourselves very good when joining this cunning people.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck schedules on your management, give maintenance to offices and treat employeea better, they are the core of your business. Why do you think your business has not grown lately?

Svam International COO responded to this review Jun 28, 2014 EditDelete
    "Cunning" is a real strong word - not sure what wrong has SVAM done to you but please contact me and I will make sure that your concerns are taken care of.
    Also, please let us know if we did not
    ... More

Just waiting to leave

.NET Developer (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsWorking in the US, getting paid before finding my project

ConsThey never told that their contract does not let you leave the company for a while so I got stuck in this underpaid job for a while, really no freedom, i feel stuck here i didn't know that many people feel similar to me. I want to warn other people about this company, there are many opportunities in other places. Reading that the VP of svam writes a positive review of this company is pathetic, good places speak by themselves

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to change several people of your staff, offer posibility of percentage payment as real consultants and let Mexicans know about everything before we leave our jobs

Below average pay

Software Developer (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsSalary offered with or without a project, in a reasonable time frame

ConsSalaries payed are minimum accepted by h1b regulations taking the advantage of ignorance from foreigners; there is no work culture nor growth in the company (no training, study support, etc)

Advice to Senior ManagementPay fair salaries

Average Consulting Company

ProsEasy to get through interview process, par one way ticket to US, reimburse hotel when finding project at another city

ConsAll problems from consultant companies: no career growth, no company values, no training, no stability, low salary. Recently they are asking employees to sign a no cancellation condition (or a $10k usd fee) forcing you to stay at the company for at least a year and a half.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees are real full time employees.

Svam International COO responded to this review Jun 28, 2014 EditDelete
    First of all, the contract is for a year not year and a half - so yr assertion and comment is not correct. Not sure what do you mean by company values - values of a company are also determined by the ... More

Opportunity and empowerment is the Key to SVAM's Success

ProsBest place to be in. i have been with the company for more than 10 years and i have grown in leaps and bounds in both experience and knowledge. I am what i am today because of SVAM.

ConsVery cautious company. with 20 years of experience, one could be very big but SVAM's Size has been stable for the past 15 years

Unprofessional Company

Washington, DC

ProsMarketing guys are efficient when finding projects for consultants.

Consno timing concept for admin people but consultants are forced to stay, some consultants who were looking for a job for a long time, they stopped paying them salary, unhygienic offices and guest house, do not expect good salary, people are forced to stay for 18 months under the condition of paying 10K USD, try to fool people offering Green Card.

Advice to Senior Managementask your consultants about their opinions on your admin staff, you'll be surprised.

Worked for Svam International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Svam International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Svam International CEO Anil Kapoor. All 42 reviews posted anonymously by Svam International employees.