Swagelok Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.5
Arthur F. Anton

Pros
  • Very fast pace work environment (in 8 reviews)

• Swagelok prides itself on hiring the right people and there are a lot of great people to work with in any facet of the company (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management very involved in decision-making for almost everything (in 4 reviews)

• Very rigid dress code for men, women wear pretty much whatever they want (salaried employees) (in 4 reviews)

Loved it, but needed to move on

Former Employee - Advanced Engineering Technician in Solon, OH
    Former Employee - Advanced Engineering Technician in Solon, OH

I worked at Swagelok full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits package including ESOP, 401K,as well as daily fruit, coffee, tea and soda. Good experience for interns and recent engineering graduates. Great people! A company you can be proud to work at.

Cons

Although they have tuition reimbursement, growth opportunities are limited without a college degree. On the job training can be great with the right trainer but online training leaves a lot to be desired. You are not assisted in your training and development plans but rather "required" to tell them what your weaknesses are and how "you" are going to improve them. I got tired of feeling like a failure even though I was looked up to by my peers for my accomplishments.

Advice to Management

Your hired employees are your greatest asset and should be treated with respect. Help them to be the best they can be and stop treating them like liabilities.

2. Scheduler

Former Employee - Scheduler in Highland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Former Employee - Scheduler in Highland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I worked at Swagelok (Less than a year)

Pros

Schedulers are excellent, Employees from top to bottom are hard working, professional, and knowledgeable. Training for full time, permanent employees is very good. They have done an excellent job starting up the new SAP system, taking care for a successful implementation. See if you can get in on their manager development program for a good career path.

Cons

Hard to move from contract to permanent full-time. Some expectations seem a little out of line, especially when dealing with a new computer system.

Advice to Management

Contract employees can benefit from training too.

3. Marketing

I have been working at Swagelok full-time

Pros

people, work / life balance, customers

Cons

sub-par salary, workload distribution, too many managers

Advice to Management

pay your people to stay

5. Good company overall

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

I worked at Swagelok full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company truly cares about its employees, and goes to great lengths to keep them feeling a part of the company, and a valued employee.

Cons

The idea of change, no matter what they try to tell you, doesn't exist. They talk a lot about change, but don't like people coming from the outside, and prefer to keep moving forward with only home grown managers.

Advice to Management

Stupidity is doing the same thing, over and over again, to expect different results. Change is not your enemy, neither are different outlooks on business.

6. wished I could of been hired on from temp agency

Former Employee - MRO Storekeeper in Solon, OH
    Former Employee - MRO Storekeeper in Solon, OH

I worked at Swagelok full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great place to work

Cons

Disappointed I didn't get hired

7. Great company, not the best job

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Support Representative

I have been working at Swagelok (Less than a year)

Pros

-The company has incredible values, and the management is amazing. -The level of customer service provided is amazing -Management is flexible if you need to take a few hours off or leave early once in a while -Great benefits

Cons

-Not much room to move up because people stay with the company for so long, and each service center is privately owned -The customer support position is very repetitive and can be very stressful because everyone has too much work and the company does not like to "over-hire"

Advice to Management

It's okay to be more hands-on. Find out how your employees are doing and give them constructive criticism.

8. Best Job I've Ever Had

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chaska, MN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chaska, MN

I have been working at Swagelok (Less than a year)

Pros

Swagelok has excellent values and truly runs its company with them in mind every day. There are always training opportunities and ways to move up in the company. I'm still waiting to have a bad day at work.

Cons

The vast product line and nuances of the computer system are difficult to grasp at first and can take up to 6 months to get a full understanding.

To me this place is a complete joke. A very bad joke. And it's only getting worse.

Former Employee - Primary Machine Operator Level II in Solon, OH
    Former Employee - Primary Machine Operator Level II in Solon, OH

I worked at Swagelok full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pros. When you start you have to start as a temp. They tell you 12 months. Then stretch that out for as long as then can. Until you're ready quit.

Cons

The pay is here sucks. And the raises aren't that great. They have a set up man and team coordinator in most departments. Worst idea this company came up with. Setup men are only snitches. Team coordinators are super lazy. The only way to make it at swagelok is go kiss management back side. If you're a good butt kisser. You'll do fine. You don't have to be a people person. Or even good at your job. Just tell on people and life at swagelok will be great.

Advice to Management

No advice to management. I'm just waiting to here the good news that the doors to swagelok are permanently closed.

10. Swagelok

I worked at Swagelok full-time

Pros

Great people who really want to do the best for the company Great products

Cons

Socialize all decisions slowing the decision process. Very little empowerment to mid level managers to truly manage budgets and make decisions for departments.

11. Solid company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

I have been working at Swagelok (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for advancement, tuition assistance.

Cons

Pay is slightly lower than other similar companies.

Advice to Management

Identify non-managers with potential.

RSS Feed </> Embed