Swagelok

Be The First To
Add Photos

Swagelok President and CEO Art Anton

Art Anton

Pros:
  • "Nice people, nice work environment, steady employment, lots of opportunity for growth"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Great people and plenty of overtime available"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management needs to get more involved to change this track"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Very little decision making authority for lower level employees"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great Company - Hard to get into

ProsGreat culture, great people, and they seem to take care of their employees.

ConsI am a contract employee and it is extermely hard to get into this company. I've been here almost a year and frustrated enough to start looking seriously for another job. I would stay here in a heartbeat if offered a job.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at your contract employees. If we are good enough to keep having our contract renewed why are we not good enough to hire?

so-so

Prosthet have clean work environment

Conssupervisors have bad communication skills with there employees

Sometimes good, sometimes bad.

Human Resource Administrator (Current Employee)
    Solon, OH

ProsWhen working on the shop floor, it is easy to start on the bottom and move up if you work hard and put in the appropriate effort.

ConsWhen working in the office, it is hard to move up. There is a lot of turnover. Poor decision making my management. Mangers do not interact with their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to help develop your employees. Do not worry about yourself moving up, focus and your team becoming better.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very conservative company.

Production Scheduler (Former Employee)
    Solon, OH

ProsVery fast pace work environment. They hire a lot of temp employees.

ConsIt's "there way" of doing things. Not a lot of room to "show your stuff.."

Good help is hard to retain.

Production Scheduler (Former Employee)

ProsGreat culture and work philosophy. Excellent training and responsibilities.

ConsReally, really, REALLY slow to allow contract staffers to cross-over. The only reason I left was because of this. I would come back in a heartbeat, if they would bring me in as a full-associate, I'd even take the old contractor salary-if they brought me in as a full-associate.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you got a good one....make 'em an offer.

I worked doing some administrative work and packaging.

Administrative Support (Current Employee)
    Solon, OH

ProsGreat people and plenty of overtime available. Apply for any job internally after 90 days.

ConsSome disorganization in certain departments. There are also certain departments where becoming a permanent associate is almost impossible.

Great company to work for in NE Ohio

ProsCompany values, leadership stays true to their word. Lots of employees that have been with the company 20-25+ years. Lots of opportunities for lateral movement

ConsPay is below the market average for many positions if you're not in the Engineering or Marketing departments. Management is terribly slow to make decisions. Way behind the curve on technology, ERP system should have been implemented years ago. Too much reliance on home grown systems. Company prefers to do things the Swagelok way

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more emphasis on employee development. There's a lot of talent that's not being developed to full potential. Pay your employees more than market average, otherwise you'll continue to lose great talent.

Great company, good to employees

Supply Chain & Service (Former Employee)
    Solon, OH

ProsSwagelok is a conservative company. They are non union but they are extremely good to their employees. They invest a lot in employee training and place a very intentional emphasis on personal development.

ConsWith a conservative company comes a conservative pace. Sometimes I was frustrated because I would be trying to affect positive change but the culture was to move at a snails pace when it comes to real changes. An example: it took 5 years of work to even begin phasing in SAP

Advice to Senior ManagementI had the most amazing manager who gave me honest, constructive feedback but also had my back no matter what. It was great and helped me to develop my own brand of leadership as I move on with my career.

Great Workplace

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Solon, OH

ProsSwagelok provides an atmosphere in which the values of the company are not only listed but also carried out from the top down. The organization has great benefits and encourages experiential learning.

ConsThe organization encourages a strong work-life balance. However, coming into the organization and through promotions there seems to be no flexibility to negotiation PTO.

Principal Application Engineer

Principal Applications Engineer (Current Employee)
    Solon, OH

ProsThe working environment and conditions are a benefit. Swagelok prides itself on hiring the right people and there are a lot of great people to work with in any facet of the company.

ConsManagement gets moved around frequently which does not lend itself to a cohesive department. Many times, people are promoted not on their abilities and knowledge, but more on perception and pedigree. The emphasis on what school or degree you have has surfaced more than in the past. Technical individuals are not valued, especially at Sr. levels. There really is nowhere to advance for the subject matter experts, especially compensation that is competitive to the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to listen to it's associates more and pull the competent people up in pay and responsibility. There should be a better defined technical track for those individuals who want to stay technical but are still able to reach higher earning levels.

Worked for Swagelok? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Swagelok reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Swagelok CEO Art Anton. All 63 reviews posted anonymously by Swagelok employees.