Swan and Dolphin Resort

Be The First To
Add Photos

Paul Scott

A world of excitement.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are simply amazing, its not just a resort, its an experience.

ConsThere are no cons in eyes

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the Disney tradition afloat.

Great place to gain experience.

Server (Former Employee)

ProsSalary positions offer very competitive rates.

ConsDuring slow season hours are cut and certain areas of the hotel have zero customers.

Unprofessional and political

NONE (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThe only pros I can say is that all employees get free parking and complimentary lunches in each property.

ConsFind this property to be very political, unprofessional, it needs to be rebuilt from the top with regards to management. They treat people with no respect and yell profanities, yet HR turns their heads the other way!

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your cast members with more respect!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to get experience under your belt, but its hard to get to the better paying jobs "Its who you know".

Pastry Cook (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsLarge company with semi good benefits, which were better until a couple of years go. You get to eat at the cafeteria and don't have to worry about lunch. HR does try a lot for the employees to keep them motivated and informed.

ConsVery little room for advancement or upper mobility within hotel if you are in a kitchen. Kitchen Management needs more training in people skills since you get promoted for being there the longest and if you can make the products. There is very little training to go into a supervisory role, you learn on the job from others who learned the same way so nothing changes.
    If you work overtime one day by the end of the week you get sent home to "kill it" and you paid regular hourly rate.

Excellent

ProsAwesome people, management, and values.

ConsNot much to complain about, if youre looking for quick good money it helps.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up.

still just an aging hotel

Culinary (Current Employee) Lake Buena Vista, FL

ProsLittle things matter when you are not making big money. Free parking; even tho its a bit of a walk. Employee meals also free, and good quality. There is a fulltime culinary staff assigned to produce fresh meal for the cafeteria and the choices are good. Sometimes leftovers from Banquets are used but not the standard. Locker rooms, restrooms and showers are cleaned daily. Benefits are great, seems HR/Casting is responsive to needs. Would be a good place for fresh out of college grad who has desire to learn/work for a HUGE hotel. you will meet MANY people who started when the hotel opened (1989/90)

ConsPay scale, rates are on position, expericence does not even enter into the equation. small annual raise base on review. Seems managers prefer you to be trained by them as a "clean slate". Managers not open to new suggestions or taking initiative to solve guest/production problems.
    Hotel is a huge ( 2200 rooms combined) property that is starting to show its age.Infrastructure needs a makeover. GEI is tanking because of this and upper crust is freaking out. Many rules and of course, egos to be fed. Some managers have anger issues that are condoned/overlooked by most superiors.
    Seasonal workload annually, convention business very busy in fall, slow in summer. Feast or famine

Advice to Senior Managementbe quicker with compliments to your employees, surprise us with a bonus.....

A deceiving place where favoritism, fraternization, and prejudice hide within the management team.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Lake Buena Vista, FL

ProsUsed to be good under Sheraton

ConsToo many politics and clicks if you are not part of a click you are definitely out.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe corruption went all the way to the top but I understand some type of mini clean up took place . But I am sure some of the bad apples are still there playing games with peoples lives and having the co-executioners from Human Resources to back up their constructed claims.

GREAT

ProsThey are flexible with school schedules

ConsSome management seems to hate there job

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hate your job

Good place to work

Cook I (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGood benefits and good life work balance.

ConsLittle pay and never get any overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more notice of when your staff is working hard and going the extra mile.

Laid back, chill outdoor place to work

Cabana Server (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGood money, great fellow employees, laid back atmosphere

ConsLong Hours, long drive, long shifts

Worked for Swan and Dolphin Resort? Contribute to the Community!