Swarovski
www.swarovskigroup.com Wattens, Austria 5000+ Employees

Swarovski Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Robert Buchbauer

Pros:
  • "Great brand, family owned company and culture despite size, high fashion influences, diverse product range and applications of cut crystal"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Great benefits compare to other sales jobs (you get insurance and paid vacation)"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Difficult to manage work/life balance"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Upper management is all about recruiting"
    in 9 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

fun, memorable, great job for talkers

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsEach day is a new experience. The atmosphere is filled with sparkle and the excitement you get from clients and tourists familiar with the brand keeps it refreshed. They also do a great job of giving you the right educational tools about its products and collections so you never feel lost on how to sell a product. Good pay and bonuses and they pay weekly. Client loyalty is huge in this company so if you dont want to build connections and relationships with the clients, this place is not for you.

ConsCareer growth is pretty slow. Some days are really annoying when customers only wants to browse and look at the 'pretty things' instead of purchasing. Store managers always have heavy workloads and

A great place to learn and grow

ProsGreat training in all business aspects of the company and client relations.

ConsHigh expectations, low rewards.

Fun at times, boring at time. Plenty of down time.

ProsGood benefits, flexible scheduling, good discount

ConsPersonal Growth, Compensation, hard to make goals, lots of downtime,

Advice to Senior ManagementUnrealistic expectations, company does not pay well, and its hard to receive annual raises

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

MRG/Swarovski

Sales/Management (Current Employee)
    Las Vegas, NV

ProsI really cant say what the Pro's are at this place. There really aren't any I was mislead. Middle Management and Manager's are horrible. One sided and say things out of the way and bully you just like a review I just read. They are Caddy and Gossip about everyone. I'm from out of town and took this job and it's the worst Job I ever had in my adult life. Discount only perk!

ConsGoal is to high for selling you never can make it. They bully you and write you up for everything. Management is caddy and they hire to many young kids for manager's and supervisors. They don't teach you anything. Very misleading sales goal is to high and you never can meet it. They like to pit you against other co-worker's.
    Discount would be a pro. Anything else is misleading. Manager never ask you about days off they just make out schedule. They make out schedule to far in advance. You have no private time someone quits every week.
    you sales thousand's and get horrible gifts and incentives. You have a lot of issues contacting H.R. Manager's never listen. You will have such a hard time making commission and you will get wrote up for not meeting goal. You have to work a lot weekends. Hard getting time off etc. You have to do so many things and it's unfair and bias like the other review stated it's very true. Bad work environment. You have to complain to higher up's for help and the DM's are so caught up in other things they don't check on there Sales Worker's.

Advice to Senior ManagementCurrently working at a Las Vegas area. Management listen to the sales floor people. And this review comes from a person who is on time and never called in sick in the time worked for this Company. The motto is Pay for yourself. Your not kidding you take this job and you wont be able to eat.

Discrimination LGBT employees

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe clients and friends that I have made by managing a store. Discount is not bad!

ConsDistrict managers are catty and unwilling to listen to anyone's opinions but their own. Upper management is very cliquey. Store management and their teams are bullied and harassed if they are not liked by upper management. I have seen discrimination against gay individuals and some very inappropriate things said until the individuals quit or get fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN TO YOUR RETAIL EMPLOYEES. DM's are bullies and we are not heard!

Great company to work for.

Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsDiscounts are reasonable, great clientele, opportunity to make more money through bonuses, and advancement opportunities

ConsSome days are slower than others which is not great for daily goals

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to improve your coaching methods to strengthen or employees selling techniques

Great Ideals, moderate implementation.

ProsVery family oriented, focused on long-term growth rather than short-term profits, LOYAL customers. Fantastic benefits!!!!

ConsRetail employees are not given the same consideration as Home Office employees and District Managers and above. Low salary for expectations of Sales Consultants. Little to no job growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementPayroll should be re-evaluated on an annual basis. Retail Employees should be treated as the core of the business, rather than as expendable resources.

It was a really good learning opportunity to start my sales experience

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Arcadia, CA

Prosemployee discount
    manager and coworker are really nice

Consthey only offer part time job

Swarovski Sales person

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Dulles, VA

ProsThey have a good discount for their employees. The job is easy, and can be quite fun for girls that love quality jewelry without breaking the bank.

ConsI wasn't trained and was put on the floor without enough knowledge about the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management while I worked there needs to 1. be retrained 2. leave. She was incredibly rude to her associates and would over pressure them when goals were not meant. She made the overall experience being with Swarovski awful.

High Pressure/High Performance, Great training/exp Retail Sales

Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsFantastic training and educational materials, lots of room to move up for career retail folks, great starting pay

Consvery high pressure- not good part time for students, not working for commissions

Worked for Swarovski? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Swarovski reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Swarovski CEO Robert Buchbauer. All 99 reviews posted anonymously by Swarovski employees.