Swarovski Reviews

Updated March 21, 2015
142 reviews filtered by
Swarovski Chairman of Executive Board Robert Buchbauer
Robert Buchbauer

Pros
  • Great brand, family owned company and culture despite size, high fashion influences, diverse product range and applications of cut crystal (in 6 reviews)

• Great benefits compare to other sales jobs (you get insurance and paid vacation) (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Difficult to manage work/life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Extremely unrealistic sales goals and they only get harder if your keep achieving your goals (in 11 reviews)

1. Professional Retail Environment

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Swarovski part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Knowledgeable and experienced managers
    Part-Time & Full-Time positions available.
    1 week paid vacation/year
    Employee Discount
    Positive work environment:
    -professional and outgoing coworkers
    -friendly and courteous customers
    Business casual attire
    Fashion Forward environment (staying up to date on trends/jewelry)
    Learn and improve personal client outreach and marketing techniques.
    Helping people solve their problems & increase self-esteem.

Cons

Retail environment (applicant must enjoy working with people on a regular basis and must be actively involved in the customer problem-solving process)
    Small team (most Swarovski boutiques operate with a small team of -10 people)
    Fast-Paced (keep moving & stay busy)
    Lots to learn about the 120 year family-owned company. (Swarovski has a rich culture with multiple company divisions employees stay up to date with. To understand what Swarovski is as a company and what they offer,
    Google Search:
    "swarovski.com"
    "Swarovski Crystal Wattens Austria"
    "Swarovski SCS"
    "Daniel Swarovski" )

**these points are meant to inform applicant of what Swarovski is and what Swarovski is involved with as a company with many facets and divisions**

Manager positives: Swarovski's retail management team involves Store Managers, District Managers, Region Managers + so on. This group is made up of experienced people who are actively involved in store processes & regularly communicate with store managers and brand ambassadors (boutique sales floor operators). Advice to Management: **Boutique team member really appreciate positive reinforcement and acknowledgment of acheivements from their Management teams.**

2. Love It

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Sterling Heights, MI
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at Swarovski part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have a lot of fun here. The product is great so selling is a breeze. They have great benefits, even for part-time positions. As with any job some coworkers and management will be hard to get along with but for the most part people are great.

Cons

There are few-full time positions so this place is best suited for those seeking part-time positions. My major qualm lies with its marketing as it is very basic and unsophisticated.

This company should be even bigger than it is! Update your marketing!

3. Overall, very positive experience in a business environment as a part-time brand ambassador for Swarovski in Atlanta, GA

Current Employee - Keyholder/Brand Ambassador in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Keyholder/Brand Ambassador in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Swarovski part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1 week paid vacation/year. Working with a small and friendly staff year-round. Positive, courteous, and pleasant customers. Beautiful, High-End luxury environment. Learning new things on a regular basis on how to develop one's own customer service techniques. Swarovski is a 120 year old company so there is lots to learn but if you are passionate about the brand, it is easy and fun. Lots of personal responsibility and that is a pro because this will give you the foot in the door to practically any other customer service job you will desire in the future once you have a good recommendation. They look for people who will be with the company for an extended amount of time (year+). I don't advise if you only want this job for a few months because you may not get the recommendation you desire. Must be a people person and genuinely care about customers which is easy to do because MOST are all genuine and kind. Managers who care. Managers and staff that is vigorous, goal-driven, and determined; they are focused on helping you be a better you if you give it an above average try and are a team player.

Cons

Whether you view business casual attire as a con, is up to you. Swarovski is a fashion forward brand and you should really look your best at all times but is that really a con? I don't think so. Visits from District manager on a monthly basis to observe sales, store, and personal appearance but that is to ensure you are working in a clean and comfortable environment which is important for you and the customer. Working close with staff year-round, and working close with customers i.e. assisting a customer by putting jewelry on their person (don't be shy but be professional). These things are only cons if you dislike people and giving good service. If you enjoy helping people feel good about themselves, helping someone find a gift for their loved ones, and growing with your team members this is a good position for you.

For the SouthEast USA region: Swarovski managers and staff that are vigorous, goal-driven, and determined; they are focused on helping you be a better you if you are willing to work and ready to be a team player. No advice to management.

Swarovski IT

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Cranston, RI
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Cranston, RI

I have been working at Swarovski full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay is pretty good, company provides lots of workplace wellness perks and are financially autonomous, modern facilities and equipment, virtually limitless personal development potential

Cons

Difficult culture clash between US and Europe, paralysis by analysis, very set in ways

Let the people do their job!

6. They treat you as a family

Former Employee - Senior Brabd Ambassador in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Brabd Ambassador in Chicago, IL

I worked at Swarovski

Pros

Good benefits
    Great product
    Great opportunity to grow
    Costumer love prices

Cons

Make the display would take you to much time.

Brand Ambassador

I have been working at Swarovski

Pros

My co workers have become family and we have fun working with each other. Its a fun and safe work environment.

Cons

There is often a disconnect between the Home Office and retail stores. It is also very frustrating the online store promotions and marketing doesn't go along with the retail store. Consumers expect consistency and its lacking in the company.

Consistency needs to be better.

8. Great company and benefits

I worked at Swarovski full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing company as far as non luxury goes. Great vacation and time of benefits, a very European company in that sense. Incredible health insurance. New, more approachable dresscode. Tons of success stories of promoting from within.

Cons

Upper management seems clique-y (long time managers as well), promotions can end up being better than employee discount.

What a joke...

Former Employee - Keyholder/Brand Ambassador in Oakland, MI
    Former Employee - Keyholder/Brand Ambassador in Oakland, MI

I worked at Swarovski

Pros

Nice environment, beautiful stuff...that's it.

Cons

Everyone seems to be stuck up, management or at least my manager cruel, and unfair in every regard. favoritism is very high it is a shame. the pay is laughable and bonuses maybe once or twice a year at best. You probably wont get a lot of hours but work to life ratio still next to none.

Keep a close eye on your store managers, when I was working with the company not a day went by that I didn't hear about how terrible management was at other locations including mine.

10. Good for college students

I have been working at Swarovski

Pros

Easy non stressful work place

Cons

Pay is too low for some

Veey dishonest and unloyal

Current Employee - Full-Time Brand Ambassador
    Current Employee - Full-Time Brand Ambassador

I have been working at Swarovski full-time

Pros

The clients are awesome and health insurance is good. The people that get hired are usually wonderful.

Cons

this company will do anything to fire you if they do not like you. They will talk behind your back and come up with excuses. They dont care about their employees no matter how long you have been there. There is no moving up and raises are very very slim. Do not work for this companythe higher ups are extremely clicky and will push anyone out of the way they need too. They have no dedication to their employees. Unrealistic sales goals and way to little money. Especially at full time..its an assistant manager position minus the pay and title. This company makes me sick. Everyone but the part timers will stab you in the back and everyday you will be afraid of what is wrong. Policies constantly change and management is all different when it comes to rules.

care about your brand ambassadors we are the ones working with your clients driving the sales and making sure numbers are met. We already stress enough why hurt us even more with low wages and high turn overs based on one thing you may not like? Have a heart as well as a business. Ive dedicated my life to this company and they have not given me anything in return but a cheap paycheck and some crappy jewelry. I hope they go down the drain and I hope one day they see what they did to so many employees. Were not robots were human.

Swarovski Photos