Swatch

Updated January 18, 2015
Updated January 18, 2015
2.1

Nick Hayek Jr.

Pros
  • 50% Employee Discount after 90 days of employment (in 7 reviews)

• Great product, brand recognition, and customer base (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no room for growth or movement, your manager has all the power (in 7 reviews)

• no room for growth within the company (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing company, great pay, and great people!

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Swatch full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The product, atmosphere, people, and annual manager meetings!

Cons

Sometimes store managers are micro-managed. Not sure if their is room for growth.

keep it up!

Worst management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Swatch full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great benefits . Cozy store

Cons

Management is really bad. Store manager thinks he is the God of swatch . If he doesn't like you he will get you fired somehow . Even you are doing your job at very best . Always lies. Backstabbing. Ignorant . I am shocked that swatch would keep a store manager like him.

Store manager stop having an affair with your key holder . Unprofessional . Married person shouldnt do such thing like this .

Decent, if constrained, entry-level sales role for students

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Swatch part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I happened to have lively and friendly coworkers, and the pure thrill (as a high schooler) of closing a big sale was pretty rewarding.

Cons

Many. Only given sporadic part-time hours, and management enforced a barrage of annoying and unnecessarily strict rules regarding attire, demeanor, lunch breaks, technology (personal and company), organizational aspects, etc.
     I'm glad I spent the summer getting the work experience, but it's not a company or environment I would go back to.

Just don't be so strict about every little detail with your sales associates. The pinnacle of this, for me, was not being allowed to sit, or even lean, during an 8 hour shift (except for lunch and a 10 min break), even if there were no customers remotely close to the store.

Decent Pay for easy job

Former Employee - Greeter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Greeter in New York, NY

I worked at Swatch part-time (less than a year)

Pros

It was an easy job for a good amount of pay. They were generous with hours and paid overtime on holidays.

Cons

You must work one night without exceptions, which I was uncomfortable with.

fun work environment and good hours

Current Employee - Key Holder in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Key Holder in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Swatch

Pros

Fun work environment and great staff at store level

Cons

I make less than one of the sales associates even though I old a higher position and have more experience. Upper management uses too much micro management.

It's ok but not for the long term

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Weehawken, NJ
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Weehawken, NJ

I worked at Swatch full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Office environment is nice, there are a lot of younger professionals, monthly employee appreciation, great office location, overall a 9-5 culture

Cons

not much room for growth, many employees go elsewhere when promotion/raises are unobtainable, salaries are below industry standard, there is no creativity coming out of the US because everything is funneled from the HQ in Switzerland

Create more training programs and career development programs.

Keep looking...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

I have been working at Swatch (more than 5 years)

Pros

Employee appreciation day, winter closings

Cons

No growth or foundation, high turnover, competitive environment, low salaries, legal issues, exploitation, failing company trying to make a comeback.

Listen to all of your employees

Lucky to land with such a caring DM within the company.

I worked at Swatch

Pros

Pros being the DM actually cares and works around the clock like a slave to take care of her stores and staff. It's one thing to work FOR someone, but it's another thing to work WITH someone. At this location you work WITH the DM. She cares about her ppl and will do what it takes to make them happy and content. No problem is too big and no complaint is too small. I honestly applaud her hard dedicated work she puts in. SHE creates an amazing environment. It's your job as manager to keep it that way. The pay is great as well.

Cons

The health benefits could be a little better:-)

To the Midwest DM please do keep up your hard work. It shows to the right ppl:-) appreciated by the ones who deserve it. Also I applaud the Brand Ambassador for really being involved in each store and interview. That takes extra work on top of his job and he still does it. Good job to you two! :-)

Great DM who helps!

Former Employee - Key Holder
    Former Employee - Key Holder

I worked at Swatch full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great Swiss watches! Great bonus structure as well as monthly incentives if your store hits goal!!
    Mid-West DM works with you to help you understand the business. Gives awesome feedback and recognizes hard work through out the district! Mid-West DM cares about her employees and wants you to succeed in your job!

Cons

Maybe some better health benefits, but they aren't too bad! Not too many complaints on this section for the company!

Keep up the great work! It doesn't go Unrecognizable! Swatch is really coming back!

Be careful

Former Employee - Field Trainer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Field Trainer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Swatch full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They pay offer was great, half off watches is cool as well as great opp to travel

Cons

A very gossipy "He said She said" organization. Took a position here after a decade of success at a larger company and within my first month my work ethic and honesty was directly questioned, in fact I was called a liar on a conf. call, with HR on the line, and the HR rep did nothing, despite the fact that ever allegation against me was untrue, and I had/have documented proof. Wasted a month of my life (actually two as it took 5 conf. calls over a month to get the gig).

Listen to both all sides involved, don't give the crazy keys to the asylum, and be aware that some of your employees and practices are just a lawsuit waiting to happen.