Swatch

Updated December 19, 2014
Updated December 19, 2014
2.1

Nick Hayek Jr.

Pros
  • 50% Employee Discount after 90 days of employment (in 7 reviews)

• Great product, brand recognition, and customer base (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no room for growth or movement, your manager has all the power (in 7 reviews)

• no room for growth within the company (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing company, great pay, and great people!

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Swatch full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The product, atmosphere, people, and annual manager meetings!

Cons

Sometimes store managers are micro-managed. Not sure if their is room for growth.

keep it up!

fun work environment and good hours

Current Employee - Key Holder in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Key Holder in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Swatch

Pros

Fun work environment and great staff at store level

Cons

I make less than one of the sales associates even though I old a higher position and have more experience. Upper management uses too much micro management.

It's ok but not for the long term

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Weehawken, NJ
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Weehawken, NJ

I worked at Swatch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Office environment is nice, there are a lot of younger professionals, monthly employee appreciation, great office location, overall a 9-5 culture

Cons

not much room for growth, many employees go elsewhere when promotion/raises are unobtainable, salaries are below industry standard, there is no creativity coming out of the US because everything is funneled from the HQ in Switzerland

Create more training programs and career development programs.

Lucky to land with such a caring DM within the company.

I worked at Swatch

Pros

Pros being the DM actually cares and works around the clock like a slave to take care of her stores and staff. It's one thing to work FOR someone, but it's another thing to work WITH someone. At this location you work WITH the DM. She cares about her ppl and will do what it takes to make them happy and content. No problem is too big and no complaint is too small. I honestly applaud her hard dedicated work she puts in. SHE creates an amazing environment. It's your job as manager to keep it that way. The pay is great as well.

Cons

The health benefits could be a little better:-)

To the Midwest DM please do keep up your hard work. It shows to the right ppl:-) appreciated by the ones who deserve it. Also I applaud the Brand Ambassador for really being involved in each store and interview. That takes extra work on top of his job and he still does it. Good job to you two! :-)

Great DM who helps!

Former Employee - Key Holder
    Former Employee - Key Holder

I worked at Swatch full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Swiss watches! Great bonus structure as well as monthly incentives if your store hits goal!!
    Mid-West DM works with you to help you understand the business. Gives awesome feedback and recognizes hard work through out the district! Mid-West DM cares about her employees and wants you to succeed in your job!

Cons

Maybe some better health benefits, but they aren't too bad! Not too many complaints on this section for the company!

Keep up the great work! It doesn't go Unrecognizable! Swatch is really coming back!

Be careful

Former Employee - Field Trainer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Field Trainer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Swatch full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They pay offer was great, half off watches is cool as well as great opp to travel

Cons

A very gossipy "He said She said" organization. Took a position here after a decade of success at a larger company and within my first month my work ethic and honesty was directly questioned, in fact I was called a liar on a conf. call, with HR on the line, and the HR rep did nothing, despite the fact that ever allegation against me was untrue, and I had/have documented proof. Wasted a month of my life (actually two as it took 5 conf. calls over a month to get the gig).

Listen to both all sides involved, don't give the crazy keys to the asylum, and be aware that some of your employees and practices are just a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Great if you want retail as a career

Former Employee - Full Time Keyholder in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Full Time Keyholder in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Swatch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay for full time for a retail job, can't speak for/against part time

Base pay plus commission for non management, and it's a decent commission percentage, especially if the store makes the month

You learn management skills at the key holder level, and if you want it and work for it you can move up

Fantastic brand

DM does care about employees. Mine did anyway, can't speak for the rest.

Cons

Timely advancement may require relocation if your store management team does well

Your experience can vary vastly from store to store. But to be fair that can happen at any mall retail company

Metric goals can be hard to reach if your store does a lot of service (bands, batteries, etc)

Be more transparent when it comes to major releases. We had people asking for Sistem51 for a long time and didn't know for sure when we were getting it in the US until a week or two before it launched.

Just OK

I have been working at Swatch part-time

Pros

Decent company with great products

Cons

unfair pay and incohesive management team

Incompetent and phony DMs that are just as plastic and cheap as the watches we sell; a complete waste of manpower.

Current Employee - Keyholder - Midwest
    Current Employee - Keyholder - Midwest

I have been working at Swatch part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice benefits. Discount on watches only.

Cons

If only corporate office could spend more time with DMs out in the field they might finally see just how ineffective they truly are and how frustrating that is for the stores. DMs are utterly lost without ‘picture guides’ provided directly from Switzerland. Emailing out the useless morning cheerleading message is the limit to their managerial abilities. More often than not they are unable to answer questions about simple operational duties, only to refer you to another store manager for the answers.
    DMs and HR still unwilling to promote from within. Even promotions from part time to full time they refuse to give the ok; Telling the part timer they are "not experienced enough", saying they will help you grow into the position and then never utter another word about it. Forget about moving up. Bogus excuses from an equally phony corporate team. The fact that HR and the DMs are now so chummy makes it even more questionable. Very unprofessional and makes it impossible to go to HR with concerns. Don't expect your "friendly" DM to ever back you up, if your not their smoking break buddy they won't go to bat for you.

Hold the DMs accountable. Appoint some DMs who have something to offer and who are not there just to react. Anyone can hire just a walking hairdo to fill a position. Instead give us real leaders who stores can respect and learn something from. Right now they are the joke of the district, never obliging when you need them and incapable of bringing much to the table.

No room for growth!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Swatch full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Employee appreciation day and an employee discount.

Cons

The HR department is a joke, they do nothing. Employees can't really reach out to them for any help, it will make the problem worse. Don't believe anything they tell you.
    There is no room for growth or movement, your manager has all the power. In this place you are not measured by your work, your worth is all on your manager, if he/ she likes you, you're good, if not you are not getting anywhere.
    Swatch has lost good employees, they refuse to change their micromanaging ways. There are some 'directors' that have no clue what they are doing and you are expected to follow their lead, ridiculous.