Swedish Medical Center

Be The First To
Add Photos

Anthony Armada

Challenging team orientated

ProsLots of room for growth, team work, good pay

ConsVery full work load at times

Good place to work

Analyst (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsWith the new, prominent support of senior leadership to research, I look forward to a growing environment and more job security without having to continually justify my position and my value to the organization. Benefits were fantastic when I started, but changes in benefits since the affiliation have decreased their value to employees, notably changes in health insurance, raises dependent on organizational financial health, raises for all employees occurring at the same time and being cost of living based rather than on employees' anniversaries, etc. Even with those changes, benefits are still good and better than other organizations.

ConsI have had extreme difficulty in my attempts to further develop my skills, stay current in my field, and grow within the organization. Despite a strong work ethic, proven leadership, and extensive knowledge in my field and areas that impact it, I continually take on more tasks, both on my own and at the request of my boss, without promotion and/or compensation. Further, my department has had a history of tension and issues amongst coworkers which had led to a sometimes unenjoyable team environment. Thankfully, I have never personally had these issues, but then tensions between others has given rise to a team that isn't always cohesive.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent and communicative with your teams. Nothing is worse for an employee than to not know the future of her/his position. Also, compensate your employees based on their value to the organization, education, and knowledge in their field, not the length of time they have been employed at the organization. It demoralizes employees when they are paid less than others in the same position but are always the go-to person because of their knowledge, education, and experience simply because they have been at the organization less time. An employee's value should dictate compensation and promotions, not seniority.

This is a great institution

Physician (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsWell run hospital. Excellent ancillary staff. Wonderful learning experiences.

ConsLike any hospital, there are some issues with transient staff. There are also some politics between physicians and administration that bubble to the surface on occasion.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work. They are going in the right direction

Contract Coder (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsThe employees are pleasant and the professionalism is impressive

ConsYou have to research your stance, if you disagree with policy.

Advice to Senior Managementparking is terrible.

Excellent place to work.

Intern (Resident Physician) (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsThe company does a great job of hiring people that are enjoyable to work with. Co workers will bend over backwards to help one another, and everyone loves to come to work. Compensation is excellent.

ConsCommunication could be improved at all levels to improve operational efficiency.

GOOD

ER Patient Registrar (Current Employee)
    Littleton, CO

ProsI like that it's a fast pace environtment, and I like my schedule of 3 12 hour shifts

ConsThe pay with HCA is not very competative and the mangagment is HORRIBLE!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating your employees so poorly. Believe it or not, you are not running a comunitst country, you are managers of an admissions team.

Motivating

Team Lead (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsI strongly believe in the new, innovative approach to healthcare SCI is taking.

ConsI have had extreme difficulty being able to further develop my skills and grow within the organization. Despite strong work ethic and proven leadership, it seems I continue to take on more tasks without promotion and/or compensation.

Awesome place to work

Staff RN (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

Prosgreat coworkers, caring management, good pay

Conscan't think of any cons

You can build a life long career here.

Medical Assistant (Current Employee)

ProsDepartment manager doesn't micromanage. Everyone is laid back and not super conservative. Benefits are ok, better than other places around. Bonuses , quarterly. Pay is great.

ConsWorking downtown is sometimes a commute.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire the right people. If your confident in the person you hire there will be no need to micromanage them and babysit. They then blossom and make there position their own and grow into a true longevity loyal employee. Who isn't apart of the team, they are the team.

If you want to move up, you have to fight for it

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsBig company so lots of learning opportunities, can move to other departments if you want to do something new but don't expect any handouts. Flex hours are a plus and being downtown is great. There are people here who will help you grow and move up but you have to carefully identify them.

ConsNon-profit healthcare doesn't pay great. The benefits are slowly being reduced, for working in healthcare the health insurance is really poor, high deductible. Nepotism/favoritism is a serious problem. Many promotions are based on who they know, not what they know, making everyone else's job difficult because they can't keep up.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on office culture. Employees aren't going to respect people who are promoted on charisma, not skill. Cutting our yearly salary bump when Swedish had a very strong financial year, but Providence (parent company) didn't just seems wrong. Completely disincentivizing people to work hard.

Worked for Swedish Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Swedish Medical Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Swedish Medical Center CEO Anthony Armada . All 52 reviews posted anonymously by Swedish Medical Center employees.