Swift Capital

Updated July 23, 2014
Updated July 23, 2014
4.4

Ed Harycki

Came here 5 months ago & haven't looked back!

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Swift Capital full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been here less than 6 months & am happy I joined the team. I came from one of the largest financial institutions in the country and the culture here has been refreshing compared to my previous job. Swift is small but growing & I am very optimistic about how we are positioned in the marketplace compared to our competitors. Collaboration and teamwork aren't just cheesy posters on a conference room wall -- they're truly practiced here and there's a general lack organizational silos often found elsewhere. A smaller org chart means you can really own what you work on and feel like you're making an impact. It doesn't matter your job function or level of seniority - if you have a creative thought, a new idea or if you're questioning the way something is currently being done you are encouraged to solve it, do it or fix it.....very empowering.

The culture here is also solid. Casual (jeans) dress code, free snacks & coffee, recurring town halls with lunch. It's not a 9 to 5 job with predictable days (this to me is a plus but might not be a fit for others). Good people who know their stuff which makes it much easier to come in to work every day. There's a lot work to be done but throughout the day you'll hear laughter & non-work conversations & people will grab lunch together -- to me signs that people really do like being around each other as individuals - not just as co-workers.

Cons

This is a small company in growth mode. People who want a predictable job they can do in cruise control will probably not like it here -- it'll be a "pro" to some, a "con" to others

I know some people like an open floor plan office setting, but sometimes can be distracting when others are meeting, talking on the phone, etc. We are moving into a much larger office shortly with more space for group discussions so hopefully it will be less of an issue going forward

Keep it going -- especially the open dialogues & frequent communication in terms of what's next for the business & how everyone can help to achieve the goals -- this will become even more important as we continue to add new colleagues and grow the business.

The best job I've had!

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer  in  Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Swift Capital full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love it here. Everyone is talented, cooperative, and fun to be around. I've never seen so much mutual respect before in one place. Balanced feedback is constantly invited and shared in all directions. It's a great opportunity to develop professionally. I feel like my work has a positive impact and I feel appreciated. A lot of that has to do with management's philosophy and style, and the attentive, agile, energetic culture they've established. It's also nice to be in a beautiful office with high-end technology, a cornucopia of delicious snacks, and an outstanding benefits package. It's great to be surrounded by wonderful people, working for a company where integrity and camaraderie are as important as excellence.

Cons

Part of the building where our office is located has been under renovation for a while. That should be over by the end of this month, but occasionally the construction sounds can be a little distracting. Still, noise-cancelling headphones take care of that.

Bringing some west-coast tech culture to Philadelphia!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Swift Capital full-time for less than a year

Pros

A great organization with a fast paced, west coast start-up feel. Highly experienced, open leadership team who are making investments in technology and empowering the tech teams to make big decisions. People are smart and passionate about our work, yet quick to join in for some on the job fun and games. Superstars at all levels establishing a culture that stacks up with the best companies. I really like the bias for action and emphasis on putting customers first. I am most excited about the team we’re building and the ways we are using emerging technologies. When I decided to leave Amazon and Seattle and move back east, I was looking for someplace with a similar work style, that is positioned for growth, and that is using the internet to innovate and disrupt their industry. I am happy to have found it all at Swift.

Cons

With fast growth comes many great initiatives and many great partnership opportunities; we want to do all of them this year.

I keep reminding myself and my team that while we have a lot of hiring to do, we need to keep our bar high and maintain the stellar team we have already built.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very exciting opportunities for career and personal development!

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Swift Capital full-time for less than a year

Pros

Swift is on the ground floor of serious growth-to-come! They promote a collaborative work environment with extensive use of technology to streamline processes. As a sales rep, I appreciate the successful work of our marketing department to drive prospective interest and never feel at a loss for ways to build my book of business. There's a "Google"-type feeling here with approachable, saavy management, soliciting of suggestions from employees, a competitive product and a transparency of processes. Regular compensation and benefits are very competitive. Recognition financial and otherwise is regularly and generously given where due.

Cons

Fast-paced growth always has its challenges but management keenly navigates these challenges and communicates effectively around them when they come up. A tuned-up product and procedure training program for new-hires as well as ongoing boosters and development for tenured employees may further benefit the talented and driven employees you attract.

I worked at Swift Capital full-time less than a year.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Swift Capital full-time for less than a year

Pros

Maintains a positive working environment, good benefits, decent pay, and growth opportunities. Very stable and consistent company to work for.

Cons

Expansion/Restructure taken place within the company for potential growth; however, seating arrangements are not of equality. Employee reviews need to occur more frequently.

Exciting hands on growth culture

Current Employee - Head of Business Development  in  Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Head of Business Development in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Swift Capital full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Swift Capital has an exciting vision and culture. The ability to have a positive net impact on the small business community nationwide while creating new and exciting products and growing to large scale is an unparalleled experience. The management team are extremely effective leaders who maintain an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit which makes work a lot less like work and more creating a culture and success. Swift is an ideal fit for people who want to own their work and strive in a fast paced results oriented environment. Swift does a great job taking care of the employees and rewarding those that work hard to make the mission a reality.

Cons

No major cons to speak of, occasional challenges with the fast paced growth but nothing outside the norm.

Not so good

I have been working at Swift Capital full-time

Pros

they are growing fast and strongly.

Cons

there are few wrong leads.

Please listen to all employees and not only leads.

Great work environment but the salary is low.

I have been working at Swift Capital

Pros

Great work environment, friendly staff, snack bar

Cons

Low salary, somewhat disorganized, lots of changes happening but employees aren't always informed

Worked for Swift Capital? Contribute to the Community!