Swift Capital

Updated January 17, 2015
Updated January 17, 2015
4.2

Ed Harycki

This is a place to make a difference.

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Swift Capital full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Company is very respectful to it's employees, has great benefits, and rewards hard work and success.
    Swift is rapidly growing and constantly changing, and is always presenting new and innovative techniques to perform your job. I truly enjoy being on my toes and being constantly challenged by my role at Swift. While things are changing constantly and quickly, I feel the changes are influenced by every employee, not solely by management. As someone who enjoys the dynamic and changing environment, I love coming to work everyday.

Cons

The company definitely goes above and beyond with perks around the office and offers great goal based incentives for it's sales team. The only con I have is there is no degree of 401k matching at this time.

Keep it up!

The Best Place I've Ever Worked

I have been working at Swift Capital full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Highly competent executive leadership team
    - Very, very ethical business practices
    - Great culture with friendly and intelligent coworkers
    - Growing rapidly (for all the right reasons)
    - Extremely well-organized business processes considering year-over-year personnel expansion
    - Free snacks

Cons

- Open floor plan is great, but it can be hard to focus at times. I think the new office expansion will help with this.
    - 401k match would be well-received

Keep up the great work! If we can continue to scale with such grace, the possibilities are virtually limitless.

Second time Around Is Better Than the First

Current Employee - Customer Experience in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Customer Experience in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Swift Capital

Pros

I started with Swift back in 2006 and left in 2008 to pursue entrepreneurial interests. Those were the best two years of my career because we were building something that no one else had done. Days (and nights) were long because we were a start-up and everyone needed to be all in all the time. The rewards were many because people were Swift’s #1 priority. I rejoined the company last year excited to see that little had changed – people are still Swift’s most important asset and they treat us as such. Yes – sometimes things are a hectic but that is because we are pioneers and the roads we are taking have never been traveled. 2015 will be an exciting year for all or us.

Cons

Start-ups are exciting, adventurous, rewarding but not for everyone. We are constantly challenged to look for better ways of doing things, from the receptionist to the CEO, and that can be stressful for those just wanting a 9-5 job and a paycheck every other Friday. There are other places that hire such people but I would not recommend Swift to those not longing for a fast-paced, "whatever it takes", all in career. The biggest challenge I see for Swift is hiring the right people to continue the journey in 2015.

Don't settle on just "ok" people. Keep up the high standards for hiring and continue surrounding me with smarter and more talented people.

Amazing Career Choice & Excellent Company

Current Employee - Sales in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Sales in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Swift Capital full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I’ve been working full-time at Swift Capital as an ISO Account Executive for a little over 6 months now and to say the least, I’ve never been more thrilled with a career choice as this one (and believe me, I’ve done it all). It sounds cliché, but for the first time in my life I actually looking forward to waking up and starting each work day. All employees own part of the company and have a corresponding ownership mindset, therefore each employee is driven and inspired to contribute and make a difference to the business. You work with a dynamic group of very talented and creative individuals across sales, analytics, credit, product development, operations, etc. and there is real collaboration across the entire organization. All levels of management are always accessible and very approachable, as well as transparent about the company's progress. Fantastic work-life balance – there is always more to do and you will never be bored, but one definitely get what they put into it (bonuses and commissions are amazing). A very respectful workplace where meritocracy wins.

PROS
    - Our product actually sells...what small business doesn't want money? A salesperson’s dream job.
    - Extremely competitive salary, commissions, bonuses, stock options.
    - Opportunities for personal growth with an emphasis on promoting from within.
    - Rapid corporate growth trajectory and company earnings.
    - Benefits are amazing (health, life, 401K, etc.).
    - Diverse environment with a great culture and where co-workers become friends and family.
    - Free parking and world-class gym
    - Catered lunch every day, snacks, dinner (if you decide to work late) and happy hours.
    - Very casual dress code.
    - Work-Life Balance is unbeatable.

Cons

The company is growing every day and the different processes/structures are slowly being put in place to establish a more consistent daily workflow – I do believe being patient with this will payoff both internally and externally.

None

Organized chaos

Current Employee - Quality
    Current Employee - Quality

I have been working at Swift Capital

Pros

"Fun" place to work if your only interested in having fun all day. Free lunch on Fridays and free snacks. Flexible schedules

Cons

No structure or management, no reviews or formal training. Management really doesn't exist. There is no guidance or room for advancement with in the company at all.

Not the best

I worked at Swift Capital

Pros

They have free snacks in the kitchen and the people I worked with were nice

Cons

A lot of uncertainty, the number of customers are way down, and they are struggling to even make a profit. I did not feel safe at my job.

Learn to run a business and find a way to get in customers

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my job!

I have been working at Swift Capital full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I've been working for Swift for the past five months! Since I started it has been an incredible experience. I'm not the type of person to write a review unless I feel strongly about something. My experience with Swift has been nothing but incredible. Before coming to Swift I worked for a very large well known company. I was there for 11.5 years and it was an incredible experience. After being there for so long it was just time for a change. I wanted a new challenge in my career and transitioning from a large stable company with thousands of employees to a recent start up with less than 100 employees was a huge risk that I took. However, that was the type of challenge I wanted. I wanted something different that I wasn't used to. Swift has given me that opportunity. I went from a technology company to a financial company. It was a new world that I wasn't familiar with which was exciting. Every day I am challenged. I am motivated to push myself to work harder all the time because it’s very rewarding to see the results of my performance. When you work for a small company you can see that much clearer.

Working for a small company has many benefits. It's much more personal. Everyone knows each other and you can see the impact that each person makes on the company. The amount of impact I've made just in five months feels like years of experience! My boss is incredible. She allows me to be creative! I can literally see the work that I have done in action and it's a great feeling. I frequently receive positive feedback about my work which is always great to hear. The team is great too. They all work so hard as if this company was their own business. There have been times that I may leave the office really late in the evening and it’s so amazing to see others there still working hard without being asked to stay late. I love the energy of people just wanting to work hard because they love what they do! We are small now but we have big plans to grow much bigger and that’s what makes every day exciting.

I work in recruiting/hr and it's amazing to see the amount of growth we've had over the past five months. It’s even more exciting to know about the exciting things that are coming and the growth that will come along. I love following up with employees after they start to see how they like their experience working for the company. Every response I receive is so positive!

Cons

Working for a small company has its pluses and minuses. To me the pluses far outweigh the minuses. If you are someone who likes to work hard, enjoys challenges, have more responsibilities, can adapt to change quickly, deals with ambiguity well, doesn’t sweat the small stuff, likes to get noticed, has a desire to understand all aspects of the business, open and receptive to frequent feedback (positive or negative) then this is the place for you! If you are someone who prefers to just punch a clock, be seen as a number, doesn’t respond to feedback well, isn’t motivated to work hard, doesn’t want to be pushed or challenged, doesn’t like to be held accountable, must have guaranteed stability, loves rules and structure, then Swift may not be the right environment for you. In any case, my biggest learning from this all is don’t be afraid to take a risk. Leaving a large, popular, stable company for a company that no one has ever heard might sound crazy, but I am happier than I have ever been!

Came here 5 months ago & haven't looked back!

Current Employee - Marketing in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Swift Capital full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have been here less than 6 months & am happy I joined the team. I came from one of the largest financial institutions in the country and the culture here has been refreshing compared to my previous job. Swift is small but growing & I am very optimistic about how we are positioned in the marketplace compared to our competitors. Collaboration and teamwork aren't just cheesy posters on a conference room wall -- they're truly practiced here and there's a general lack organizational silos often found elsewhere. A smaller org chart means you can really own what you work on and feel like you're making an impact. It doesn't matter your job function or level of seniority - if you have a creative thought, a new idea or if you're questioning the way something is currently being done you are encouraged to solve it, do it or fix it.....very empowering.

The culture here is also solid. Casual (jeans) dress code, free snacks & coffee, recurring town halls with lunch. It's not a 9 to 5 job with predictable days (this to me is a plus but might not be a fit for others). Good people who know their stuff which makes it much easier to come in to work every day. There's a lot work to be done but throughout the day you'll hear laughter & non-work conversations & people will grab lunch together -- to me signs that people really do like being around each other as individuals - not just as co-workers.

Cons

This is a small company in growth mode. People who want a predictable job they can do in cruise control will probably not like it here -- it'll be a "pro" to some, a "con" to others

I know some people like an open floor plan office setting, but sometimes can be distracting when others are meeting, talking on the phone, etc. We are moving into a much larger office shortly with more space for group discussions so hopefully it will be less of an issue going forward

Keep it going -- especially the open dialogues & frequent communication in terms of what's next for the business & how everyone can help to achieve the goals -- this will become even more important as we continue to add new colleagues and grow the business.

The best job I've had!

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Swift Capital full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love it here. Everyone is talented, cooperative, and fun to be around. I've never seen so much mutual respect before in one place. Balanced feedback is constantly invited and shared in all directions. It's a great opportunity to develop professionally. I feel like my work has a positive impact and I feel appreciated. A lot of that has to do with management's philosophy and style, and the attentive, agile, energetic culture they've established. It's also nice to be in a beautiful office with high-end technology, a cornucopia of delicious snacks, and an outstanding benefits package. It's great to be surrounded by wonderful people, working for a company where integrity and camaraderie are as important as excellence.

Cons

Part of the building where our office is located has been under renovation for a while. That should be over by the end of this month, but occasionally the construction sounds can be a little distracting. Still, noise-cancelling headphones take care of that.

Bringing some west-coast tech culture to Philadelphia!

I have been working at Swift Capital full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A great organization with a fast paced, west coast start-up feel. Highly experienced, open leadership team who are making investments in technology and empowering the tech teams to make big decisions. People are smart and passionate about our work, yet quick to join in for some on the job fun and games. Superstars at all levels establishing a culture that stacks up with the best companies. I really like the bias for action and emphasis on putting customers first. I am most excited about the team we’re building and the ways we are using emerging technologies. When I decided to leave Amazon and Seattle and move back east, I was looking for someplace with a similar work style, that is positioned for growth, and that is using the internet to innovate and disrupt their industry. I am happy to have found it all at Swift.

Cons

With fast growth comes many great initiatives and many great partnership opportunities; we want to do all of them this year.

I keep reminding myself and my team that while we have a lot of hiring to do, we need to keep our bar high and maintain the stellar team we have already built.