Swift Capital

4.1

Ed Harycki

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my job!

I have been working at Swift Capital full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've been working for Swift for the past five months! Since I started it has been an incredible experience. I'm not the type of person to write a review unless I feel strongly about something. My experience with Swift has been nothing but incredible. Before coming to Swift I worked for a very large well known company. I was there for 11.5 years and it was an incredible experience. After being there for so long it was just time for a change. I wanted a new challenge in my career and transitioning from a large stable company with thousands of employees to a recent start up with less than 100 employees was a huge risk that I took. However, that was the type of challenge I wanted. I wanted something different that I wasn't used to. Swift has given me that opportunity. I went from a technology company to a financial company. It was a new world that I wasn't familiar with which was exciting. Every day I am challenged. I am motivated to push myself to work harder all the time because it’s very rewarding to see the results of my performance. When you work for a small company you can see that much clearer.

Working for a small company has many benefits. It's much more personal. Everyone knows each other and you can see the impact that each person makes on the company. The amount of impact I've made just in five months feels like years of experience! My boss is incredible. She allows me to be creative! I can literally see the work that I have done in action and it's a great feeling. I frequently receive positive feedback about my work which is always great to hear. The team is great too. They all work so hard as if this company was their own business. There have been times that I may leave the office really late in the evening and it’s so amazing to see others there still working hard without being asked to stay late. I love the energy of people just wanting to work hard because they love what they do! We are small now but we have big plans to grow much bigger and that’s what makes every day exciting.

I work in recruiting/hr and it's amazing to see the amount of growth we've had over the past five months. It’s even more exciting to know about the exciting things that are coming and the growth that will come along. I love following up with employees after they start to see how they like their experience working for the company. Every response I receive is so positive!

Cons

Working for a small company has its pluses and minuses. To me the pluses far outweigh the minuses. If you are someone who likes to work hard, enjoys challenges, have more responsibilities, can adapt to change quickly, deals with ambiguity well, doesn’t sweat the small stuff, likes to get noticed, has a desire to understand all aspects of the business, open and receptive to frequent feedback (positive or negative) then this is the place for you! If you are someone who prefers to just punch a clock, be seen as a number, doesn’t respond to feedback well, isn’t motivated to work hard, doesn’t want to be pushed or challenged, doesn’t like to be held accountable, must have guaranteed stability, loves rules and structure, then Swift may not be the right environment for you. In any case, my biggest learning from this all is don’t be afraid to take a risk. Leaving a large, popular, stable company for a company that no one has ever heard might sound crazy, but I am happier than I have ever been!

VERY unstable, do not work here if you want job security

Current Employee - Sales in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Sales in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Swift Capital full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have nothing good to say about this company

Cons

It's not that they are growing, its that they bring in too many people, they hire people and its not necessary, they are not growing, their numbers are down, and they have not been profitable. There isn't any business coming in, and yet management continues to hire. It is a very unstable company, would not be surprised to see fold within a few years.

Came here 5 months ago & haven't looked back!

Current Employee - Marketing in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Swift Capital full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been here less than 6 months & am happy I joined the team. I came from one of the largest financial institutions in the country and the culture here has been refreshing compared to my previous job. Swift is small but growing & I am very optimistic about how we are positioned in the marketplace compared to our competitors. Collaboration and teamwork aren't just cheesy posters on a conference room wall -- they're truly practiced here and there's a general lack organizational silos often found elsewhere. A smaller org chart means you can really own what you work on and feel like you're making an impact. It doesn't matter your job function or level of seniority - if you have a creative thought, a new idea or if you're questioning the way something is currently being done you are encouraged to solve it, do it or fix it.....very empowering.

The culture here is also solid. Casual (jeans) dress code, free snacks & coffee, recurring town halls with lunch. It's not a 9 to 5 job with predictable days (this to me is a plus but might not be a fit for others). Good people who know their stuff which makes it much easier to come in to work every day. There's a lot work to be done but throughout the day you'll hear laughter & non-work conversations & people will grab lunch together -- to me signs that people really do like being around each other as individuals - not just as co-workers.

Cons

This is a small company in growth mode. People who want a predictable job they can do in cruise control will probably not like it here -- it'll be a "pro" to some, a "con" to others

I know some people like an open floor plan office setting, but sometimes can be distracting when others are meeting, talking on the phone, etc. We are moving into a much larger office shortly with more space for group discussions so hopefully it will be less of an issue going forward

Keep it going -- especially the open dialogues & frequent communication in terms of what's next for the business & how everyone can help to achieve the goals -- this will become even more important as we continue to add new colleagues and grow the business.

The best job I've had!

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Swift Capital full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love it here. Everyone is talented, cooperative, and fun to be around. I've never seen so much mutual respect before in one place. Balanced feedback is constantly invited and shared in all directions. It's a great opportunity to develop professionally. I feel like my work has a positive impact and I feel appreciated. A lot of that has to do with management's philosophy and style, and the attentive, agile, energetic culture they've established. It's also nice to be in a beautiful office with high-end technology, a cornucopia of delicious snacks, and an outstanding benefits package. It's great to be surrounded by wonderful people, working for a company where integrity and camaraderie are as important as excellence.

Cons

Part of the building where our office is located has been under renovation for a while. That should be over by the end of this month, but occasionally the construction sounds can be a little distracting. Still, noise-cancelling headphones take care of that.

Bringing some west-coast tech culture to Philadelphia!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Swift Capital full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A great organization with a fast paced, west coast start-up feel. Highly experienced, open leadership team who are making investments in technology and empowering the tech teams to make big decisions. People are smart and passionate about our work, yet quick to join in for some on the job fun and games. Superstars at all levels establishing a culture that stacks up with the best companies. I really like the bias for action and emphasis on putting customers first. I am most excited about the team we’re building and the ways we are using emerging technologies. When I decided to leave Amazon and Seattle and move back east, I was looking for someplace with a similar work style, that is positioned for growth, and that is using the internet to innovate and disrupt their industry. I am happy to have found it all at Swift.

Cons

With fast growth comes many great initiatives and many great partnership opportunities; we want to do all of them this year.

I keep reminding myself and my team that while we have a lot of hiring to do, we need to keep our bar high and maintain the stellar team we have already built.

Very exciting opportunities for career and personal development!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Swift Capital full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Swift is on the ground floor of serious growth-to-come! They promote a collaborative work environment with extensive use of technology to streamline processes. As a sales rep, I appreciate the successful work of our marketing department to drive prospective interest and never feel at a loss for ways to build my book of business. There's a "Google"-type feeling here with approachable, saavy management, soliciting of suggestions from employees, a competitive product and a transparency of processes. Regular compensation and benefits are very competitive. Recognition financial and otherwise is regularly and generously given where due.

Cons

Fast-paced growth always has its challenges but management keenly navigates these challenges and communicates effectively around them when they come up. A tuned-up product and procedure training program for new-hires as well as ongoing boosters and development for tenured employees may further benefit the talented and driven employees you attract.

I worked at Swift Capital full-time less than a year.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Swift Capital full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Maintains a positive working environment, good benefits, decent pay, and growth opportunities. Very stable and consistent company to work for.

Cons

Expansion/Restructure taken place within the company for potential growth; however, seating arrangements are not of equality. Employee reviews need to occur more frequently.

Exciting hands on growth culture

Current Employee - Head of Business Development in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Head of Business Development in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Swift Capital full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Swift Capital has an exciting vision and culture. The ability to have a positive net impact on the small business community nationwide while creating new and exciting products and growing to large scale is an unparalleled experience. The management team are extremely effective leaders who maintain an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit which makes work a lot less like work and more creating a culture and success. Swift is an ideal fit for people who want to own their work and strive in a fast paced results oriented environment. Swift does a great job taking care of the employees and rewarding those that work hard to make the mission a reality.

Cons

No major cons to speak of, occasional challenges with the fast paced growth but nothing outside the norm.

Not so good

I have been working at Swift Capital full-time

Pros

they are growing fast and strongly.

Cons

there are few wrong leads.

Please listen to all employees and not only leads.

Great work environment but the salary is low.

I have been working at Swift Capital

Pros

Great work environment, friendly staff, snack bar

Cons

Low salary, somewhat disorganized, lots of changes happening but employees aren't always informed