Swift Transportation Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Swift Transportation CEO Jerry C. Moyes
Jerry C. Moyes

Pros
  • Driver manager apologized for mistakes (in 9 reviews)

• I enjoyed traveling all over the country and working as a Driver/Trainer helping to pass on my knowledge to the new drivers coming into the company (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • 3 Months at a time away from home (in 6 reviews)

• It's hit and miss with trainers / mentors and Driver managers (in 7 reviews)

OTR Driver

Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Ocala, FL

I worked at Swift Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Dispatchers and great people to work with. When you needed to get home they dispatch you there with no problem.

Cons

When you have a bad week mileage wise its very bad not even decent miles. If it wasn't for such low miles on a very bad week I would have stayed. If your single with no kids then this is the job for you.

Advice to Management

Start caring about the drivers a bit more because like everyone else we also have bills to pay and a family to feed.

Good training company

Current Employee - Senior Mentor in Lathrop, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Mentor in Lathrop, CA

I have been working at Swift Transportation

Pros

One of the best , for training, and after training starting pay per mile.Newer equipment, with good support staf. Lots of miles if you like to run

Cons

Difficult to get home time, but their working on it.

On Site Management

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Mira Loma, CA
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Mira Loma, CA

I have been working at Swift Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, pay packages are good you get a yearly bonus and they also do CDL reimbursement. The equipment ranges from fair to great so that's a plus.

Cons

On Site Management is not always great. Some only care about the account so the drivers get treated unfair.

Advice to Management

Learn what it takes to be a driver before you manage one. Listen to the drivers advice take it into consideration that he might know a little about driving management.

NEED to be in our seat

I worked at Swift Transportation (Less than a year)

Pros

When you have a Good DM, things seam to be good.

Cons

there are too many cons to be said - not only from me But anyone that has worked for this Employer - For a company that strives on saying they are a family or want you to feel as though Swift is Family- I have NEVER felt so unappreciated, and unimportant Ever in my time with Swift.

Advice to Management

Stop Treating drivers that do not have accidents or make split decisions to avoid a possible crash by adding undeserving numbers CSR scores to there record then forcing them to agree to your safety decisions, or they can not drive.

6. Swift is what you make of it

Former Employee - OTR Semi Truck Commercial Driver Driver Manager in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Swift Transportation (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, and a chance to better yourself though hard work

Cons

due to the long hours, no social life

Driver

I have been working at Swift Transportation

Pros

The first year or so is hell, but as you gain knowledge and skill you can make good $ after a couple of years. They are reasonable if you make an effort.

Cons

As all trucking companies are, they are deceptive to incoming students about what job is like. (Ridiculously long hours, impossible situations, mortal danger, inconsistent income...)

I'm the wife of a current employee.

Current Employee - Wife of Truck Driver in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Wife of Truck Driver in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Swift Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Driving a truck and the seeing this amazing country. My husband really enjoyed the Academy at SWIFT.

Cons

They don't seem to care about their employees. They say they do but it doesn't show

Advice to Management

My husband works for Swift and I was going to go to the Academy in October. We were going to be TEAM DRIVERS FOR SWIFT. But after our experience on JULY 28TH, 2015. I have 2nd thoughts about SWIFT. When my husband was in the Academy he heard how swift cares about their employees and treats them well. My husband had a delivery to FORT WORTH 7/28/15. After dropping the load off he needed to calculate his hours. We weren't there more than 30 minutes sitting in the truck and was hit in the front of the truck by another driver backing into a spot in front of us. Well he punctured the A/C hose and possibly the radiator. They reported the incident to SWIFT. We sat at the PILOT TRUCK STOP FROM 11:00 to 6:00pm with no A/C. IT WAS 100 DEGREES. MY HUSBAND CALLED SWIFT. THEY SAID THEY WOULD CALL HIM BACK. IT WAS HOURS BEFORE THEY DID. AND THEN DIFFERENT PEOPLE CALLED AND MY HUSBAND REPEATED EVERYTHING TO EACH ONE OF THEM. NO ONE OFFERED ANY ASSISTANCE NOR DID THEY SEEM TO CARE WE WERE OUT THERE. NO ONE ASKED HOW WE WERE DOING. WE WERE REALLY UPSET HOT AND GETTING MORE IRRITATED. IF AN EMPLOYER CARES ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES(really cares) Then we feel(and maybe we're wrong) BUT THEY SHOULD HAVE OFFERED TO GET US A ROOM, AT LEAST UNTIL THE TRUCK WAS FIXED. THEY OFFERED NOTHING... ITS NOT MY HUSBAND'S FAULT REGARDING ACCIDENT AND HE REALLY LIKES DRIVING. WE BOTH DO. AND WE WOULD HAVE DONE A HECK OF A JOB FOR YOU. JUST A SUGGESTION::: When employees are out busting their rear end for you(HAVE SOME COMPASSION AND SEE IF THERE'S ANYTHING YOU CAN DO TO HELP THEM OUT. ASK HOW THEY ARE DOING. "HELP WILL BE THERE SOON JUST HANG ON"... LET THEM KNOW YOU CARE IT MEANS THE WORLD TO THEM!!!!!

9. too big to be of much help

I worked at Swift Transportation full-time

Pros

you had good trucks, updated equipment

Cons

for me just too big and so not able to get to you personally. super long wait time on phone if you needed anything. i mean long. clocked once at four hours then i hung up.

Advice to Management

make sure your people are able to get a hold of the driver managers and folk they need to to get their issues resolved

10. OTR

Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Chico, CA
    Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Chico, CA

I have been working at Swift Transportation

Pros

Swift transportation is a good starting company. After the first year you start to get vacation pay.

Cons

The trucks have to many spencers on them. Now they are putting in cameras. One camera will be facing the driver.

Truck driver

Former Employee - Driver in Linden, MI
    Former Employee - Driver in Linden, MI

I worked at Swift Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good miles north decent pay could be better didn't care for the sliding pay scale

Cons

Don't lease a truck I leased a truck in the 20 days I had it the truck was in the shop 16 times not exaggerating

Advice to Management

Check up trucks before u lease them

RSS Feed </> Embed