SwimOutlet.com
www.swimoutlet.com San Jose, CA 150 to 499 Employees

SwimOutlet.com Reviews

Updated Mar 25, 2014
SwimOutlet.com – San Jose – “SwimOutlet.com Office”

Avi Benaroya

Great place to Learn for Young and Hungry people, Not a place for those wanting to make a living

I have been working at SwimOutlet.com full-time

ProsGreat place to Learn about the Online Retail industry, especially in the swimming, active wear sector; For new graduates willing to learn, you will gain a lot of knowledge if you are willing to work hard; Relaxed environment- casual dress code, Pin pong, Foosball table; Fitness, yoga classes throughout the week

ConsLow wages compared to industry standard, Some of the managements unwillingness to listen or communicate with workers, High Turnover rates in employees

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to keep your star employees happy and rid of the ones that a not so hot, please make a better effort to communicate with everyone in the company and not just few selected people, Make better use of all the smart, young people that work for the company

High Turnover

ProsFlexible
Great Entry Level Positions
Catered Lunch (2x a week)

ConsThe pay here is below competitors
Turnover rate is extremely high
No guaranteed promotion/salary increase
People who worked here for years in same position!

Advice to Senior ManagementMake salary higher, you're never going to grow correctly with this business practice.

Do Not Work Here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
West Chester, OH

I worked at SwimOutlet.com full-time

Prosvery relaxed dress code, occasional free lunches

Consfavoritism, low moral, extremely hot in the summer and they don't allow you to carry water (what?) poor communication. Pay is not competitive nor do they give decent or frequent raises. You're only a number to the people higher up.
supervisors will bark orders at you instead of addressing you like the human being that you are.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on moral, make sure your numbers are correct before rewarding anyone. Don't favor one person over another. Have manners/be polite.

Good place to take charge of your career

Finance (Current Employee)

I have been working at SwimOutlet.com full-time for more than 3 years

Prosopen, flexible work environment, great people, fun atmosphere, management open to ideas/suggestions, yoga, fitness and pilates classes, one can take their career to the next level by being entrepreneurial, and asking the right questions.

Conspay can be better - this is improving, benefits can be richer. more training for employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in your employees, develop strategy, and plan for the long-term

Young company with potential

Production Manager (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA

I worked at SwimOutlet.com full-time for more than a year

ProsEnergetic employees, healthy culture (free catered lunches, snacks provided during the day) Free yoga and on site gym, BBQ;s, ice cream socials etc. Excellent "team" environment. Open seating, easy to branch out of your cube or office.

ConsCEO is very detached (at least he was 2010-2011), never met him the entire time I worked there and I had a managerial level position.

Do not work here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at SwimOutlet.com full-time for less than a year

ProsCasual, relaxed dress code
Young employees
Good place to get experience but that's about it

ConsIt feels like high school all over again if you know what I mean
Inexperienced managers with little to no experience in the industry
Favortism/nepotism
Absolutely no room for upward mobility or growth
Benefits are minimal
"Raises" after three month reviews are a joke

Advice to Senior ManagementFoster a work environment that rewards employees for good work. Don't feel threatened by good managers with innovative ideas and then fire them. Good employees don't leave companies, they leave managers. Listen to what your employees have to say to improve the overall company.

NOT recommended at all

San Jose, CA

I have been working at SwimOutlet.com full-time for more than a year

ProsRelaxed atmosphere and an on-site gym, that's about it.

ConsI feel like a lot (or all) of the recent positive reviews are "fake" reviews, meaning they are written by HR or management. They are totally inaccurate and do NOT reflect the actual day-to-day opinions of 95% of the employees I work with daily.

Negatives include:
- inexperienced management and executives
- terrible pay
- no advancement opportunities
- all good leaders have left the company

Advice to Senior Management- hire a board of directors
- have objectives and goals, share those with the company.
- get a new CEO and CMO, these guys are a joke.

Great Place for E-Commerce Experience

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at SwimOutlet.com full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIt offers flexible work hours and casual work atmosphere. It is a great place to gain a e-commerce experience. Due to the flexible and casual environment employees are allowed to contribute beyond their expected job duties and title. It makes it a good place to learn about the ins and outs of retail business. The company also offers various fitness classes and races for the company to participate in.

ConsCommunication and interaction between departments could be better.

Great place to work

I have been working at SwimOutlet.com full-time

ProsYou have a high level of autonomy in a supportive and collaborative team environment. Perks include benefits, gym, fitness/yoga/pilates classes, breakfast, and lunch 2x a week. Work/life balance is good. SwimOutlet.com is an innovative and fast-paced company. Departments across the company work well together.

ConsInternal systems are a bit dated and resources can be better aligned with the company's goal to expand and grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job overall but short and long term plans, including timelines, can be better communicated to the rest of the company.

An unique e-commerce company.

Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at SwimOutlet.com full-time for more than 3 years

ProsRelaxed atmosphere, yoga and fitness classes, decent health benefits, 401K program, lunches often provided, opportunity to learn more about building a sports-related ecommerce company from the ground up. Approachable management and execs who are open to hearing your opinions and ideas.

ConsNeeds more oversight to ensure that technology is leveraged and implemented in a timely manner, somewhat secretive about projects on the horizon (understandable for a private company), pay could be more competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote more collaboration between depts and follow through faster on implementing improvements.

Worked for SwimOutlet.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SwimOutlet.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SwimOutlet.com CEO Avi Benaroya. All 23 reviews posted anonymously by SwimOutlet.com employees.