Swinton Insurance

Updated September 9, 2014
Updated September 9, 2014
3.2

Christophe Bardet

great company going through a significant period of change so will an even better place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Manchester City Centre, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

I have been working at Swinton Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The board keep you fully informed and communicate all plans and reasons for change. Good values and a nice palce to work.

Cons

constant change can be unsettling but understand the need to get this business where it needs to be .

Good start, good pay but soon see the companies true colours

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Store Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Swinton Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good money
    Benefits
    Company car option as manager

Cons

Poor Management
    Underhand operations between employees and managers
    Lots of red tape

Inexperienced management with no people skills

Current Employee - Sales Executive  in  Maidstone, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Maidstone, England (UK)

I have been working at Swinton Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, Good Money, and some great benefits ie. pension, dental plan, holiday buybacks, etc.

Cons

Poor management, No chance of Promotion, very little to no training, The agent is made to do the work that team leaders should be, poor customer service as not full focused on improving this or providing training, unnecessary punishment of staff and arguing. Toxic atmosphere.

Learn to do your job as you are not that busy to take care of your team it is sad that you cant manage your time to enable at least one side by side a week for call coaching and a one 2 one once a week. Managers need some training on how to engage there employees and how to manage a team to get the best out of them.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good people, but infuriating decision-making from the top.

Former Employee - PMO Analyst  in  Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - PMO Analyst in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at Swinton Insurance as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The people I worked with at Swinton were some of the nicest I've ever met. They were funny, considerate, from a wide range of backgrounds and generally worked very hard. While there were issues, work was clearly being done to improve them, especially around maturity and culture.

Cons

At the point I was working at Swinton (2013), the Business Change Team had grown very rapidly and many of the processes were immature, and not adhered to. Some of the most senior people involved in projects I worked on made short-sighted, knee-jerk decisions which literally cost millions and made life difficult for their teams.

Improve the long-term strategic planning and breaking that down to the level of individual projects. Modernise the office. Improve working flexibility. Stop judging performance by whether someone is at the desk 9-5.

Fantastic experience

I have been working at Swinton Insurance as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I worked with a very sociable and friendly team which added to my experience. Very flexible and understanding when catering for work/life balance. High level of professionalism whilst being a very relaxed and enjoyable working enviroment.

Cons

Having only worked with the company for a short period of time I was lucky enough to avoid any negative experiences.

Recruitment

Current Employee - Applications Architect  in  Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Applications Architect in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Swinton Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Exceeded my expectations and far outstripped those of other companies to whom I have applied recently.

Cons

None at this stage of the process

Great place to work

Current Employee - Sales Executive - Call Centre  in  Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Executive - Call Centre in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Swinton Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Supportive line manager, brilliant team and great colleagues - Swinton people are friendly, supportive, engaging and they play as hard as they work.
    The salary is competetive and the benefits are flexible so each year you can have different one - extra holidays of you need them one year and medical cover the next.
    There's a really great energy in the business and it's evident wherever you go - from Board Directors to front-line sales people.
    There's opportunity for you to move into different jobs and they're keen to promote internally which is brilliant.

Cons

My only gripe is about the number of holidays - 20 per year is the standard and I know I can buy more (up to 10) but it feels a bit basic - 23 would be better.

Keep doing what you're doing - loving the changes and TV advertising and seeing the directors out and about - and there seems to be a really good focus on poeple right now which is postive.

Loved it

Former Employee - Front Line Desk Quote Giver  in  Devizes, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Front Line Desk Quote Giver in Devizes, England (UK)

I worked at Swinton Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incentives for performing well, selling extra's and telephone quotes were randomly recorded, given chances for promotion

Cons

I personally didn't find any cons while working for Swinton

I loved my time with Swinton, I was only young and given the opportunities to promote my career, sadly it wasn't my time

it has so far been exciting yet challenging yet rewarding all at the same time

Current Employee - Sales Executive  in  Manchester City Centre, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

I have been working at Swinton Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

the company puts the customer at the heart of everything they do. they have re branded improve collaborated and evolved into a new and improved swinton

Cons

the cons for me are only minor things such as the commuting distance from my house and sometimes how busy it gets and even the workload I have undertaken. but hey I chose my job role

To communicate with team and help further create a home work life balance that is sustainable and allows parents / working mums to remain in work and succeed

Management need to appreciate staff more

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive

I have been working at Swinton Insurance part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

You do your job well and you will do well, bonus can be fantastic but it is all about a team result.
    Not a lot of opportunites to progress unless based in the North closer to HQ.

Cons

Management need to appreciate staff more, it's the small gestures that can make all the difference, for example birthday and christmas cards, being recognised for the effort put into achieving results.
    Double standards with management.

Appreciate staff more down at lower level management, as I said in the Cons it's the small gestures that can make all the difference.
    I enjoy that job but the managers really need to learn to be more professional in their dealings of their team members.

Worked for Swinton Insurance? Contribute to the Community!