Swinton Insurance

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Christophe Bardet

great company going through a significant period of change so will an even better place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

ProsThe board keep you fully informed and communicate all plans and reasons for change. Good values and a nice palce to work.

Consconstant change can be unsettling but understand the need to get this business where it needs to be .

Inexperienced management with no people skills

Sales Executive (Current Employee) Maidstone, England (UK)

ProsGreat people, Good Money, and some great benefits ie. pension, dental plan, holiday buybacks, etc.

ConsPoor management, No chance of Promotion, very little to no training, The agent is made to do the work that team leaders should be, poor customer service as not full focused on improving this or providing training, unnecessary punishment of staff and arguing. Toxic atmosphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to do your job as you are not that busy to take care of your team it is sad that you cant manage your time to enable at least one side by side a week for call coaching and a one 2 one once a week. Managers need some training on how to engage there employees and how to manage a team to get the best out of them.

Good people, but infuriating decision-making from the top.

PMO Analyst (Former Employee) Manchester, England (UK)

ProsThe people I worked with at Swinton were some of the nicest I've ever met. They were funny, considerate, from a wide range of backgrounds and generally worked very hard. While there were issues, work was clearly being done to improve them, especially around maturity and culture.

ConsAt the point I was working at Swinton (2013), the Business Change Team had grown very rapidly and many of the processes were immature, and not adhered to. Some of the most senior people involved in projects I worked on made short-sighted, knee-jerk decisions which literally cost millions and made life difficult for their teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the long-term strategic planning and breaking that down to the level of individual projects. Modernise the office. Improve working flexibility. Stop judging performance by whether someone is at the desk 9-5.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fantastic experience

ProsI worked with a very sociable and friendly team which added to my experience. Very flexible and understanding when catering for work/life balance. High level of professionalism whilst being a very relaxed and enjoyable working enviroment.

ConsHaving only worked with the company for a short period of time I was lucky enough to avoid any negative experiences.

Recruitment

Applications Architect (Current Employee) Manchester, England (UK)

ProsExceeded my expectations and far outstripped those of other companies to whom I have applied recently.

ConsNone at this stage of the process

Great place to work

Sales Executive - Call Centre (Current Employee) Manchester, England (UK)

ProsSupportive line manager, brilliant team and great colleagues - Swinton people are friendly, supportive, engaging and they play as hard as they work.
    The salary is competetive and the benefits are flexible so each year you can have different one - extra holidays of you need them one year and medical cover the next.
    There's a really great energy in the business and it's evident wherever you go - from Board Directors to front-line sales people.
    There's opportunity for you to move into different jobs and they're keen to promote internally which is brilliant.

ConsMy only gripe is about the number of holidays - 20 per year is the standard and I know I can buy more (up to 10) but it feels a bit basic - 23 would be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing - loving the changes and TV advertising and seeing the directors out and about - and there seems to be a really good focus on poeple right now which is postive.

Loved it

Front Line Desk Quote Giver (Former Employee) Devizes, England (UK)

ProsIncentives for performing well, selling extra's and telephone quotes were randomly recorded, given chances for promotion

ConsI personally didn't find any cons while working for Swinton

Advice to Senior ManagementI loved my time with Swinton, I was only young and given the opportunities to promote my career, sadly it wasn't my time

it has so far been exciting yet challenging yet rewarding all at the same time

Sales Executive (Current Employee) Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

Prosthe company puts the customer at the heart of everything they do. they have re branded improve collaborated and evolved into a new and improved swinton

Consthe cons for me are only minor things such as the commuting distance from my house and sometimes how busy it gets and even the workload I have undertaken. but hey I chose my job role

Advice to Senior ManagementTo communicate with team and help further create a home work life balance that is sustainable and allows parents / working mums to remain in work and succeed

Management need to appreciate staff more

Senior Sales Executive (Current Employee)

ProsYou do your job well and you will do well, bonus can be fantastic but it is all about a team result.
    Not a lot of opportunites to progress unless based in the North closer to HQ.

ConsManagement need to appreciate staff more, it's the small gestures that can make all the difference, for example birthday and christmas cards, being recognised for the effort put into achieving results.
    Double standards with management.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate staff more down at lower level management, as I said in the Cons it's the small gestures that can make all the difference.
    I enjoy that job but the managers really need to learn to be more professional in their dealings of their team members.

Excellent trainers, poor team management

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Manchester, England (UK)

Pros-4 weeks extensive training prior to starting heavily focused on NLP, team building and sales training
    - Numerous sales incentives such as free i-pad for best seller of the day etc
    -Good xmas party!

Cons-Heavily focused on sales over customer service
    -Inexperienced and unprofessional team leaders
    - Very high staff turnover due to unobtainable targets

Advice to Senior Management-Spend more time on management training
    -Company values are not reflected by management

Worked for Swinton Insurance? Contribute to the Community!