Swinton Insurance Reviews

3.4
Swinton Insurance CEO Gilles Normand
Gilles Normand

1. Great people and culture

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Swinton Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great support for personal development. Great work / life balance - flexible hours. Some exceptionally talented staff

Cons

Head office is a bit of a dated environment

Advice to Management

Embrace change and continue to motivate staff

2. Great for opportunities

I have been working at Swinton Insurance

Pros

I have worked at Swinton Insurance for just over 3 years and they have been great in helping me to further my career. They supported me to complete a Masters part-time, and I have recently been promoted to a seconded position which has been great for gaining experience and more exposure within my chosen field. Management are understanding and are flexible where possible and the overall culture of the business is good.

Cons

The benefits package could be better but I understand this is something which is being reviewed,

3. good place to work

Current Employee - Quality Analyst
    Current Employee - Quality Analyst

I have been working at Swinton Insurance

Pros

Good group of people to work with. A degree of flexibility with working hours and benefits. Employee discounts on policies.

Cons

Signifcant change in the last 6 months which unfortunately led to redudancies and difficult working conditions. This will hopefully benefit the company longer term resulting in more stability.

Advice to Management

It may be beneficial to work more closely with individual departments to get a sense of what is happening throughout the comapny and be more visible.

5. Good Employer

I have been working at Swinton Insurance full-time

Pros

The company has gone through a large number of changes over the past few years. These changes have led to a lot of opportunities to move role and gain more experience whilst staying with the same company.

Cons

With all the changes there have been some recent downsides such as a pay freeze and redundancies in Support Services areas.

6. Positive Culture - Important Changes Underway

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

I have been working at Swinton Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Teams are very well assembled and hiring managers have excellent support to get the right people in place. Offices are very comfortable and generously equipped, despite nearly 1,000 employees in Central Manchester. Collaborative working atmosphere - very easy to approach other departments and find the right expertise. New changes in the executive team has lead to a more encouraging atmosphere and business ethos.

Cons

Industry moves often and it is important to have a working knowledge of the regulator and industry practices

Advice to Management

Culture is positive, and it is important to foster and develop this progress further. Staff satisfaction and reward is meeting a consensus of approval, please further this and ensure rewards & career progression for achievement are upheld.

7. Growing together

Current Employee - Quality Analyst in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Quality Analyst in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

I have been working at Swinton Insurance

Pros

I've loved my first year at Swinton and been really impressed by the companies desire to grow while still putting the customer at the heart of everything we do. There has been alot of change in the quality department in this time but all for the better and I have really felt that we have "grown together" as i have leant many new skills. There is a great "open door" feeling where no one is unapproachable and everyone is ready to help. I feel I have found somewhere I could build a career and would be happy to still be here in 10 years.

Cons

no neagtives to say here

Advice to Management

keep doing what your doing.

8. Really

Current Employee - Quality Analyst in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Quality Analyst in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Swinton Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great bunch of staff in quality department in Manchester

Cons

Managers don't really have a clue, just a feeling that they are winging it. In terms of opportunities to progress further in the department these are limited. With the current progression scheme they expect loads of extra work in return in a year's time you might earn an extra £500 per year but then if you do even more work on top of your job it goes to £1000 per year paid as a monthly bonus which if you don't keep up with the extra work can be taken off you after six months.Due to recent redundancies there will be no pay review this year and the Head of Department doesn't see any next year. Also I would take all the positive reviews with a pinch of salt; due to large numbers of staff leaving we are currently on a massive recruitment drive which pretty much ties in with all the positive reviews that have started appearing; if things were that great why is staff retention so low? People may leave for different reasons but not all around the same time. In terms of progression all managers have been recruited externally not from within and that says it all

Advice to Management

Listen to staff members and not to the untrained mangers who will say anything to keep their jobs

Swinton Insurance Response

Jul 31, 2015 – Resourcing Advisor

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are sorry to hear that your experience working for Swinton hasn't been more positive. We appreciate your feedback and would also encourage ... More

9. Period of change

I have been working at Swinton Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I feel like my work contributes to the company strategy and supports the mission & values. The CEO recognises the need to focus on good customer outcomes.

Cons

We have gone through a period of change and change often disrupts the workplace.

Advice to Management

Continue to support our mission & values and the culture being created by the executive leadership team.

10. Support Services

I have been working at Swinton Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some really great and dynamic people to work with, the staff make it what it is. Also a great location near Oxford Road station and definitely no long hour culture which is good. Decisions are made quickly, in the most part.

Cons

Real lack of commuication of any substance and the intranet is very dated which doesn't help. Comms are keen on producing videos that are hard to play/hear on the IT equipment. Holidays are rubbish also.

Advice to Management

Swinton is like a sleeping giant, the only way to wake it up is by commuicating strategy with ALL staff and having meaningful training courses.

11. Changing for the better!

Current Employee - Head Office
    Current Employee - Head Office

I have been working at Swinton Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team without a shadow of a doubt the people I work with have made my time here enjoyable and that feeling of fitting in right form the start is something that will stick with me! 2015 is bringing in big changes for Swinton, joining the business there have been changes in direction but this year has a great feel. There are key projects and actions being undertaken not only on a team front but as a business to improve and continously develop the business and brand as whole to take us to a better place.

Cons

As mentioned there have been massive changes in the past year some unfortunate ones that meant redundancies. Also in some areas of the business there needs to be review on salary where we need to be more in line with the current job market.

RSS Feed </> Embed