Swisher Hygiene

Updated Jun 1, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steve Berrard

Company trying very hard to service the needs of their new and existing customers.

ProsGood job to have if your in need of a flexible schedule. Also good for people who like having a position servicing customers and fulfilling their needs for Hygiene products and services. Company always trying to give the customers new and improved options to help them with their day Hygiene needs. Good marketing materials to help support your daily sales promotion of product to and services.

ConsLots of promotional events, sometimes not exactly what your base of customers are looking for and still have to try to promote the items being promoted. Compensated for what you sell to your assigned accounts. PTO, Holidays Off.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on track with your current business plan with providing the customers with top of the industry service. Listen to feedback from your field employees on how to better Hygiene service and deliver our various products to the customers.

Bad To Worse

Lebanon Ch, VA

ProsNo one has gone postal yet.

ConsIncompetent management, understaffed in every department. The accounting department is like the DMV. They come and then they go. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease hire competent management. I know no one in their right mind will come and work for the company. Please hire from within and stop bringing on the dregs of the unemployed.

No idea what they are doing top to bottom

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI can't think of any.

ConsLack of leadership on any level. In my three years I had my job description changed or eliminated 7 times. The people who knew the business and recruited people like myself were either terminated or said adios.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Temporary Position

Corporate Tax Specialist (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsEnjoyed working for Swisher Hygiene in Charlotte, NC. Would like to work for them again.

ConsDid not really have any challenges with the company except for the traffic on getting to and from the job.

A company that has lost it's way!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou can make great money during the summer

ConsThey lie to you and tell you there is no "floor" then spring it on you.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire good managers that are good with people, get rid of the old crusty others

They really dont knw what they are doing

ProsRegular pay check. Work quantity is low.

Consmanagement cant be trusted. Mislead employees and stock holders regularly.

An absolute joke of an operation, company's going downhill fast

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsBasically have been able to make my own schedule, decent pay, ability to directly take care of customers most of the time

ConsTerrible benefits, complete lack of communication from management of all levels, irrational way of doing things, very difficult to be efficient, corporate accounts "test" customers without knowing what is going on, constant turnover of upper management, new person to report to every couple weeks, price increases that go along with diminishing product quality, mediocrity is accepted and seemingly encouraged, won't hire any competent help to take away some of the burden of servicing the entire state solo, no sales people anywhere nearby

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand your business offerings, create a structure of doing things the right way, hold people (and yourselves) accountable for poor work.

Soul Sucking Experience

Area Vice President (Former Employee)

Prosnone, A terrible place to work ! This ship is sinking !

ConsWas run by a tyrant and his evil henchmen, right into the ground ! Bought chemical companies and linen companies and tried to mold to fit the weekly Sani Service business model ! Upper management made their money on the coat tails of Wayne Huzienga with Block Buster. They thought they knew how to run a business, what a joke !

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you hire experts in a specific field, let them do what they do best !

Unsafe and careless company to work for.

Pittsburgh, PA

ProsI was able to work and think independently.

ConsSwisher will ask you to do work without training you and you will be asked to handle 220 lines and do plumbing that you should not be doing.

Swisher hires managers with no industry experience, sometimes they come from uniform companies or beverage companies then these people ask you to risk your safety as well as the customers by running power and water , what would happen if the customer got shocked who would take the rap, not the manager from the uniform company.

Swisher only cares about the sale and not the service they promise all sorts of shiny pretty things to prospects and customers alike without being able to deliver the goods.

The bottom line is that Swisher management does not care if you live or die!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementStart a real training program and promote from within and stop bringing in jerks in suits who are afraid to get their hands dirty.

Start respecting the people in the field and staff units with trained people who can answer customer questions ands fix customer issues then perhaps we can start to chase Ecolab.

Good people that want to make a difference.

ProsI've had the opportunity to work with some outstanding people. Pay has been good. People are treated with respect and dignity, at least I've been treated well.

ConsCompany is going through some tough times, but have good people to turn it. The question is how fast can it be turned....a lot of tough road ahead. Would not recommend to join the Company only because of the instability - as far as the new management team is concerned, no complaints

Advice to Senior ManagementStay focused on the core offerings, don't get side tracked and you'll pull out of this.

Worked for Swisher Hygiene? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Swisher Hygiene reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Swisher Hygiene CEO Steve Berrard. All 35 reviews posted anonymously by Swisher Hygiene employees.