Swisher Hygiene

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steve Berrard

Potential

ProsThis company has a lot of potential. There is a ton of talent here, it juste needs to be listened to.

ConsThey have growing pains. To much time trying to re-do things. This business will survive based on how well the stock does.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to re-invent the wheel. Think things through before making a decision. The Corporate office needs to listen to the manufacturing plants. More Team Work!

Company trying very hard to service the needs of their new and existing customers.

ProsGood job to have if your in need of a flexible schedule. Also good for people who like having a position servicing customers and fulfilling their needs for Hygiene products and services. Company always trying to give the customers new and improved options to help them with their day Hygiene needs. Good marketing materials to help support your daily sales promotion of product to and services.

ConsLots of promotional events, sometimes not exactly what your base of customers are looking for and still have to try to promote the items being promoted. Compensated for what you sell to your assigned accounts. PTO, Holidays Off.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on track with your current business plan with providing the customers with top of the industry service. Listen to feedback from your field employees on how to better Hygiene service and deliver our various products to the customers.

Bad To Worse

Account Manager (Current Employee) Lebanon Ch, VA

ProsNo one has gone postal yet.

ConsIncompetent management, understaffed in every department. The accounting department is like the DMV. They come and then they go. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease hire competent management. I know no one in their right mind will come and work for the company. Please hire from within and stop bringing on the dregs of the unemployed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No idea what they are doing top to bottom

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI can't think of any.

ConsLack of leadership on any level. In my three years I had my job description changed or eliminated 7 times. The people who knew the business and recruited people like myself were either terminated or said adios.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue

A company that has lost it's way!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou can make great money during the summer

ConsThey lie to you and tell you there is no "floor" then spring it on you.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire good managers that are good with people, get rid of the old crusty others

Temporary Position

Corporate Tax Specialist (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsEnjoyed working for Swisher Hygiene in Charlotte, NC. Would like to work for them again.

ConsDid not really have any challenges with the company except for the traffic on getting to and from the job.

They really dont knw what they are doing

ProsRegular pay check. Work quantity is low.

Consmanagement cant be trusted. Mislead employees and stock holders regularly.

An absolute joke of an operation, company's going downhill fast

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsBasically have been able to make my own schedule, decent pay, ability to directly take care of customers most of the time

ConsTerrible benefits, complete lack of communication from management of all levels, irrational way of doing things, very difficult to be efficient, corporate accounts "test" customers without knowing what is going on, constant turnover of upper management, new person to report to every couple weeks, price increases that go along with diminishing product quality, mediocrity is accepted and seemingly encouraged, won't hire any competent help to take away some of the burden of servicing the entire state solo, no sales people anywhere nearby

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand your business offerings, create a structure of doing things the right way, hold people (and yourselves) accountable for poor work.

Soul Sucking Experience

Area Vice President (Former Employee)

Prosnone, A terrible place to work ! This ship is sinking !

ConsWas run by a tyrant and his evil henchmen, right into the ground ! Bought chemical companies and linen companies and tried to mold to fit the weekly Sani Service business model ! Upper management made their money on the coat tails of Wayne Huzienga with Block Buster. They thought they knew how to run a business, what a joke !

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you hire experts in a specific field, let them do what they do best !

Who knows what's going on..

Account Manager (Current Employee) Hialeah, FL

ProsI am able to basically make my own schedule and see that my customers acknowledge my being there to attend to their needs.

ConsAbsolutely no communication between the decision makers at the company and employees. We basically find out about a decision "when the s*** hits the fan"...an organizational nightmare heads a delivery/inventory system....And rather than the company hire people with chemical knowledge, we hire people to run our core business that come from a soda/potato chip background..

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice, for the company wont listen to its own employees nor request feedback...the downfall of this company will be that people pushing pencils/pens at a desk, are making decisions without even knowing what goes on out on the "field".

Worked for Swisher Hygiene? Contribute to the Community!