Swiss Post

Updated Jan 31, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jürg Bucher

Compensation reasonable for job title

New York, NY

ProsCo-workers, lunch breaks, easy commute

ConsMicro-managed, complaints not immediately addressed

The people at Swiss Post were all friendly and helpful.

Project Lead (Former Employee)
    Woodland Hills, CA

ProsGood people, good work environment. The people that I worked with and those that I had interaction with were all very professional. They were helpful and eager to give advice on how to do my job better and faster.

ConsThe major con was that I had a long commute. Usually two hours one way in heavy traffic. But I knew that going in.

Wishy Washy

Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsVery nice office in San Francisco.

ConsOffered a permanent job after being told they were replacing an Admin/ Receptionist that wasn't working out. Then they got cold feet and didn't fire the person, so, it turned into a "Backup"position to fill in for the person that was suppose to be let go. After this, they had me training with...the gal who was not working out and suppose to be gone before my start date. That was the final straw for me. The story kept changing daily with lies and vague answers to questions. This, plus Swiss Post losing hiring paperwork, poor follow-through, being unwilling to pay what the Employee are worth. A nightmare. One minute you have a job, then you don't. Very unprofessional.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet organized and start paying realistic salaries.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Look Elsewhere

(Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsChecks are given weekly and anyone can get a job here. This gives an opportunity for individuals who don't possess a high school diploma or finishing college. In short, it's an interim job. If you're a reasonably good employee or if the client likes you, you may receive recognition.

ConsStaffers are paid way below market, doesn't support their employees, laughable employee benefits and even more laughable PTOs. Job growth doesn't necessarily mean pay increase. Most will stagnate and become disenchanted. Morale is low because staffers aren't treated fairly and only caters to the client's political system within their office(s). Nepotism is prevalent here. Management is directionless, lacks back-bone, very 'hush-hush', closed door policy, and only pretends to care about the employees in order to save face. Human Resources are condescending, unprofessional and doesn't take ownership. Payroll consistently makes mistakes on staffer's paychecks, which can be detrimental when comes time to file taxes.

Advice to Senior ManagementResign

I would of stayed another 3 years but change in management gave me bad luck.

Receptionist (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThey place many people in permanent positions and even ongoing temps in full time jobs.
    They praise their employees for their performances. Host monthly employee of the month and host special events on their behalf.
    Hours are resonable

ConsEmployees are not protected
    Benefits are expensive and not reliable
    Vacation/Personal/sick days are not enough but it's expected with a temp agency.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should be metators help resolving the problems from both sides and not one side. It caused a lot of pain and suffering and for that should be enough to be a better company.

OK, better than no job

Site Manager (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThey keep you employed if you are a reasonably good employee or if the client likes you. If you apply yourself, there is some room for initial growth from staffer to management.

ConsWhile there is room initially for job growth, most will stagnate there through no fault of their own and will soon become dissatisfied.
    Your earning and growth potential does not seem to be based on anything other than alternative job offers. People that have been working for the company for years and have continued to increase their value to the company are often laughably underpaid, yet those who have not invested themselves in the company but have another job offer get huge salary increases and promotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart valuing the employees who invest in the company. There's really only so much one can invest without seeing any return on that investment.

I had the opportunity to meet many good people in this industry, but could have been recognized for my accomplishments.

Site Implementation Manager (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsLeadership team and their training opportunities

ConsNot being recognized for diverse achievements, quality controls and spreading goodwill about company to present and perspective clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Good start for young graduates

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Geneva (Switzerland)

ProsGood atmosphere of work, career opportunities, trainings
    A solid Swiss company with a lot of opportunities to work in different sectors

Consmedium-average salary
    There is a lot of administrative work and also (but as pretty everywhere now) hierarchical power games within the company.

neutral - wold not recommend to friends

Marketing Management (Former Employee)
    Zürich (Switzerland)

Prosinternational, work-life-balance, salaries, new CEO (from September 2012)

Conssenior management, HR functions seem to be modern - but are not at all

Advice to Senior Managementwork stronger on internal transparency and respect

Very Bothersome

ProsI guess the pay is fair but I can't think of a single other reason to work here over anywhere else.

ConsShow up early, stay late, wear a suit you can't afford, and never take any time off. As long as you do these things you can be horrible at your job and they'll give you presents! They say they care about the clients, but client requests and feedback are treated as an affront. For a staffing company they have trouble keeping track of even the basics like location, schedule, and emergency contact information. I have to call a phone line and clock with a web site when I come in and leave everyday because they think people will con them. To call out sick I have to leave a message on 4 numbers - none of which are HR. Call out the day before though as they can't get a temp in quickly, even though they have an agreement with a local temp company. God forbid you get sick at work, then they just don't know what to do with themselves. It's cheaper to be uninsured than to use their "benfits package". Try finding out how many days off you have or have used or even what holidays are honored. I usually have to tell THEM. Everyone has vague titles. I have no clue as to what my "bosses" actually do and because they are off-site they have no clue what I do. Assignments are unformated and vague. They want cheerleaders for SPS but give you nothing to cheer for. I LOVE working at the office I am out-sourced to, and they adore me, but I hate working for SPS-US.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't treat SPS-US like SPS Euro. Organize your management team. Don't treat employees like moronic leaches trying to feed off of you. Recognize talent and be willing to encourage it.

Worked for Swiss Post? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Swiss Post reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Swiss Post CEO Jürg Bucher. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Swiss Post employees.