Swiss Post

www.swisspost.ch

Swiss Post Reviews

2.0

Jürg Bucher

The people at Swiss Post were all friendly and helpful.

Former Employee - Project Lead in Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Project Lead in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at Swiss Post as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Good people, good work environment. The people that I worked with and those that I had interaction with were all very professional. They were helpful and eager to give advice on how to do my job better and faster.

Cons

The major con was that I had a long commute. Usually two hours one way in heavy traffic. But I knew that going in.

Compensation reasonable for job title

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Swiss Post full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers, lunch breaks, easy commute

Cons

Micro-managed, complaints not immediately addressed

Wishy Washy

Former Employee - Administrative Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Swiss Post full-time

Pros

Very nice office in San Francisco.

Cons

Offered a permanent job after being told they were replacing an Admin/ Receptionist that wasn't working out. Then they got cold feet and didn't fire the person, so, it turned into a "Backup"position to fill in for the person that was suppose to be let go. After this, they had me training with...the gal who was not working out and suppose to be gone before my start date. That was the final straw for me. The story kept changing daily with lies and vague answers to questions. This, plus Swiss Post losing hiring paperwork, poor follow-through, being unwilling to pay what the Employee are worth. A nightmare. One minute you have a job, then you don't. Very unprofessional.

Get organized and start paying realistic salaries.

Look Elsewhere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Swiss Post

Pros

Checks are given weekly and anyone can get a job here. This gives an opportunity for individuals who don't possess a high school diploma or finishing college. In short, it's an interim job. If you're a reasonably good employee or if the client likes you, you may receive recognition.

Cons

Staffers are paid way below market, doesn't support their employees, laughable employee benefits and even more laughable PTOs. Job growth doesn't necessarily mean pay increase. Most will stagnate and become disenchanted. Morale is low because staffers aren't treated fairly and only caters to the client's political system within their office(s). Nepotism is prevalent here. Management is directionless, lacks back-bone, very 'hush-hush', closed door policy, and only pretends to care about the employees in order to save face. Human Resources are condescending, unprofessional and doesn't take ownership. Payroll consistently makes mistakes on staffer's paychecks, which can be detrimental when comes time to file taxes.

Resign

I would of stayed another 3 years but change in management gave me bad luck.

Former Employee - Receptionist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Receptionist in New York, NY

I worked at Swiss Post

Pros

They place many people in permanent positions and even ongoing temps in full time jobs.
    They praise their employees for their performances. Host monthly employee of the month and host special events on their behalf.
    Hours are resonable

Cons

Employees are not protected
    Benefits are expensive and not reliable
    Vacation/Personal/sick days are not enough but it's expected with a temp agency.

Management should be metators help resolving the problems from both sides and not one side. It caused a lot of pain and suffering and for that should be enough to be a better company.

OK, better than no job

Current Employee - Site Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Site Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Swiss Post

Pros

They keep you employed if you are a reasonably good employee or if the client likes you. If you apply yourself, there is some room for initial growth from staffer to management.

Cons

While there is room initially for job growth, most will stagnate there through no fault of their own and will soon become dissatisfied.
    Your earning and growth potential does not seem to be based on anything other than alternative job offers. People that have been working for the company for years and have continued to increase their value to the company are often laughably underpaid, yet those who have not invested themselves in the company but have another job offer get huge salary increases and promotions.

Start valuing the employees who invest in the company. There's really only so much one can invest without seeing any return on that investment.

I had the opportunity to meet many good people in this industry, but could have been recognized for my accomplishments.

Former Employee - Site Implementation Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Site Implementation Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Swiss Post

Pros

Leadership team and their training opportunities

Cons

Not being recognized for diverse achievements, quality controls and spreading goodwill about company to present and perspective clients.

N/A

Good start for young graduates

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

I worked at Swiss Post part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good atmosphere of work, career opportunities, trainings
    A solid Swiss company with a lot of opportunities to work in different sectors

Cons

medium-average salary
    There is a lot of administrative work and also (but as pretty everywhere now) hierarchical power games within the company.

neutral - wold not recommend to friends

Former Employee - Marketing Management in Zürich (Switzerland)
    Former Employee - Marketing Management in Zürich (Switzerland)

I worked at Swiss Post full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

international, work-life-balance, salaries, new CEO (from September 2012)

Cons

senior management, HR functions seem to be modern - but are not at all

work stronger on internal transparency and respect

Very Bothersome

I have been working at Swiss Post

Pros

I guess the pay is fair but I can't think of a single other reason to work here over anywhere else.

Cons

Show up early, stay late, wear a suit you can't afford, and never take any time off. As long as you do these things you can be horrible at your job and they'll give you presents! They say they care about the clients, but client requests and feedback are treated as an affront. For a staffing company they have trouble keeping track of even the basics like location, schedule, and emergency contact information. I have to call a phone line and clock with a web site when I come in and leave everyday because they think people will con them. To call out sick I have to leave a message on 4 numbers - none of which are HR. Call out the day before though as they can't get a temp in quickly, even though they have an agreement with a local temp company. God forbid you get sick at work, then they just don't know what to do with themselves. It's cheaper to be uninsured than to use their "benfits package". Try finding out how many days off you have or have used or even what holidays are honored. I usually have to tell THEM. Everyone has vague titles. I have no clue as to what my "bosses" actually do and because they are off-site they have no clue what I do. Assignments are unformated and vague. They want cheerleaders for SPS but give you nothing to cheer for. I LOVE working at the office I am out-sourced to, and they adore me, but I hate working for SPS-US.

Don't treat SPS-US like SPS Euro. Organize your management team. Don't treat employees like moronic leaches trying to feed off of you. Recognize talent and be willing to encourage it.