Swisscom

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Urs Schaeppi

Swisscom is a fair place to work.

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsThe people in the US are outstanding. Everyone works together for the purpose of success. From the call center, the noc, account management, sales everyone does what they have to do to get the job done.

ConsDealing with our management components in Europe is a nightmare. They absolutely do not understand business in the US.

Advice to Senior ManagementRun US and Europe separately, running them the same just simply does not work.

Lack of management experience and heavy European focus. Swisscom Hospitality

ProsBig name company, provides verbal stability when stated that the company is a part of a 12B$ company.

ConsPoor planning, budgeting, communications. Heavily siloed with no communal desire to help each other to gain the greater corporate goals. No department head outside of sales has any executive experience outside of Swisscom HS, therefore terrible practices are propagated.

Advice to Senior ManagementSerious need to completely re-vamp the entire EC. Bring in new blood (not necessarily from Hospitality). Create and communicate a strategic plan and see it through. The complete company future view must be more than 12 months.

Laid back, the upper management is wonderful. But inefficient supervisors.

Customer Service (Current Employee) Sterling, VA

ProsThe pay is great. The managers are some of the best I've worked with.

ConsTheir technology appears to be outdated, their various systems are not very well integrated.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Engineer

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Zürich (Switzerland)

ProsA good company to work for

Consnothing special on the con side

Interesting Internship

Praktikant Software Engineering (Former Employee) Zürich (Switzerland)

ProsMy work as Intern was really appreciated and made a difference.
    The company is organized in teams with up to 20 members. The communication in the team was open and uncomplicated. The atmosphere in the team was great.

ConsIts a big company, sometimes communication between different teams is too complicated.
    As engineer you have to deal with a lot of legacy issues, combine old products and new features.

Challanging but not in a technical way, You get pushed around

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Zürich (Switzerland)

ProsSome great people, but gets less, allot of opportunity across teams but short lived as it's "not on the road-map" but it's a real need for the customers.
    good salary and great benefits, working from home is flexible
    Has a strong brand and respect associated with it's products and customers

ConsToo many meetings, they try to be agile in some projects, but fail because the thinking and mindset of people is just old, bullying goes on across the company without constructive action from HR. Bad people seam to move faster around, with many very talented people just leaving quickly. Re-orgs every year become annoying, promotion as an engineer doesn't exist.
    Knowledge and vision of employee's is not important.
    The brand is strong but, it's over used and many of the claims are not actually real
    Products are claimed to be swiss-made but are really outsourced work abroad,

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a massive lost of trust, Reduce the layers of management and poor people, too many people. offer real benefits to employee's, get the bullying sorted out,

Decent steady job but not very adventurous

IT Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsThey treat you like an adult so they trust you to work sometimes from home. Good people to work with, good natured and often humorous. Good salary and holidays. Some very talented people work there, some far less so.

ConsSometimes very hard and exhausting to persuade colleagues, and influence decision makers who can be very naive. Can bully smaller suppliers because of their sometimes unjustified reputation.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to those who have experience in the field instead of relying on easy summaries, and high level generalities that can never match customer specifics.

Very good, takes care of employees

Customer Service/Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) Lisbon (Portugal)

ProsGreat salary, great management.
    People were great.

ConsThe scheduling was a joke.
    Besides that you speak to stupid people, as in all technical support jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementScheduling!

Interesting projects, large scale, lots of people with talent

ProsGood benefits, stable job, projects can be very interesting

ConsToo many management levels which add no value to decision. Poor management.

Advice to Senior ManagementOnly very competent people in their field should become a manager. Get a mirror!

Cool work atmosphere

Network Engineer (Former Employee) Zürich (Switzerland)

ProsFlexibility, good salary, relaxed atmosphere, helpful people

ConsMonotonous work, no challenges, not a global company

Worked for Swisscom? Contribute to the Community!