Swissport USA Reviews

Updated October 12, 2014
Updated October 12, 2014
2.6

Richard Van Bruygom

Pros
  • The airport environment is exciting and full of interesting people (in 3 reviews)

• Met some interesting people along the way (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • no insurance low pay work holidays no time with family no advancement (in 6 reviews)

• I think company should provide more benefits to part time employees since they are part of important people to the company (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

it is good company but with no opportunity

Current Employee - CSA in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - CSA in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Swissport USA part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

they have many Airline you can work which ever you want and this offer you different schedule time as it fit you

Cons

no opportunity for growth

Korean Air- Swissport Dulles International

Current Employee - Passenger Service Agent in Dulles, VA
    Current Employee - Passenger Service Agent in Dulles, VA

I have been working at Swissport USA part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Meeting new people at work everyday.

Cons

EVERYTHING! This is the worst company ever, and their management for the Korean Airlines desk at Dulles is laughable AT BEST! First, its extremely clique-ish....so immature, unprofessional managers rise from this cesspool of sad, misguided, unprofessionalism to become no less than sad, ineffective, unprofessional managers who protect and defend their favorites and create a hostile work environment for those who don't fit into their protected class of misfits. Also, the training program for new agents is, well....IT JUST ISN'T! Managers actually tell you to "figure it out for yourself," or "this isn't the right job for you.....you're too educated." Well, if being "educated" means professionalism and identifying gaps (or in this case a complete ABSENCE of professionalism or training), then yes....perhaps I am. This is truly a hostile work environment and the saddest part is...they expect people to accept it, ALL FOR THE SUM OF $11/HOUR. I highly discourage anyone from working at this company, or from any other company from contracting their services!!! The word "BAD" does not do the Korean Airline aspect of Swissport justice....its TERRIBLE!

Get a clue and train managers....or better yet hire professionals. Create a standardized new agent training program, and eliminate the grade school, clique-mentality that pervades Swissport's Korean Airlines' desk at Dulles. I'm surprised a litany of hostile work environment lawsuits have not deluged you yet...but they may be coming!

Great and Wonderful experience

Former Employee - Passenger Service Agent in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Passenger Service Agent in Chicago, IL

I worked at Swissport USA part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the way employees were treated

Cons

The pay could be a little higher

the airline i worked for was soso

I have been working at Swissport USA

Pros

the work environment is interesting. nothing is overwhelming.

Cons

at least the airline i was working for: awkward atmosphere. the actual airline employees dont acknowledge you for the longest time.

to swissport: inform your employees about the airline they are going to work for. especially if it's an airline that has people quit every month

Swissport USA

Former Employee - Ramp Agent in Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Ramp Agent in Anchorage, AK

I worked at Swissport USA full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Quick training, shift work available

Cons

Low pay, high turnaround rate

Horrible! Only if you need a survival job

Current Employee - Passenger Service Agent in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Passenger Service Agent in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Swissport USA part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some airlines experience that you will got most of on-the-job since training does not cover most of the thing you will need for the job.

Cons

Zero job security, very unresponsive human resources department and management when it comes to your direct legitimate needs including those you need to do you your work more efficiently. Your mistakes are always threatened against you paying for damages out of your pay check or even having to lose your job.

If the management was ready to hear advice they have hundreds of great employees working for them and ready to give on a daily basis. Management is only concerned on how to please their airline clients to keep their contracts and about their own salaries.

Aircraft Fueler - Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Swissport USA

Pros

Staff is helpful, friendly, fun to work with. Benefits if full time; if you are part time, your hours may be on different shifts.

Cons

In the latest contract negotiations, the company wants to take everything away including $3 dollars an hour ( only making $12 now ). THIS SHOWS TREMENDOUS DISRESPECT FOR THE EMPLOYEES WHO SHOW UP EVERY DAY AND PUT IN AN HONEST DAYS WORK. Having found out the companies intention about our wages, I am currently making an all-out effort to find another job and the first offer I am going to accept. Then I am going to walk in and give my two weeks notice, which is more respect than they will ever show me unfortunately.
    Fueling equipment is breaking down regularly due to an aging fleet. Some equipment needs to be replaced.
    They bought Service-scare (Servisair) but have no money for employees?

You need to take care of your people because MORALE is very VERY LOW!!! There is an old saying; "take care of your people and they will take care of you." Obviously you have never heard of companies where people actually like to show up to work!

Swissport is a the largest service provider organization and provides opportunities for those willing to work hard

Current Employee - Director in Dulles, VA
    Current Employee - Director in Dulles, VA

I have been working at Swissport USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Large organization with great leadership

Cons

Not focused on any one are, improvement is hard to come by

Integrate the Servisair workforce as quickly as possible

Horrible

I worked at Swissport USA part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Cool if your into aviation

Cons

...Everything else. (hours, coworkers, equipment, management)

My advice to management would be to get some decent management.

Not the greatest place...

Former Employee - Passenger Service Agent in Jamaica, NY
    Former Employee - Passenger Service Agent in Jamaica, NY

I worked at Swissport USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You meet people from all over the world.You learn the importance of communication and teamwork. Made really good friends.

Cons

Incompetent managers and supervisors, they never listened or did anything to help you. They use you and dispose of you as they please. Crazy hours, depending thr airline you work at. Pay is really low for the smount of work you do.

Listen to your employees concerns and do something about it!

Swissport USA Photos