Switchboard of Miami

Add Photos

Catherine Penrod

Switchboard of miami review

Crisis Counselor (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsThe experience is very unique the work environment is friendly and coworkers always there to help you if you need it. the pay is good. when you help someone you feel very satisfied.

Consthe calls can get stressful and sometimes you need a break from he calls. Suicide calls are worse and they can make u feel depressed and you might take it home with u.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep in mind that you are there making a difference in a persons life. their situation is really bad and they treat you bad cuz they are going through a tough time. so be patient and stay calm

Deplorable....Didn't even need a sentence to describe my experience.

Helpline Crisis Counselor (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsThe training I got for counseling is very useful not just for the job but also for general life situations.

ConsWhere do I even start? It's shocking that a company that was made to help people can treat it's employees so badly. The people that run this organization have no common sense and no respect for their employees.

If you absolutely want to apply here then just apply to be a volunteer to do a few hours a week because once you become an employee you will have officially signed your soul over to Satan.

I would like to add that my criticism is only towards management. The helpline counselors are amazing/kind people that made the experience tolerable.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with your employees. Instead of disciplining them, try to find out why everyone is so unhappy and leaving without giving two weeks notice. If employees are happy then they will enjoy doing their job and they will do it well. Furthermore, stop being so obsessed with making money at the expense of your employees.

Terrible treatment of employees, especially the crisis counselors...

(Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsHelping and connecting people with resources in their communities, and very often saving lives of people in emotional crisis! Truly one of the best feelings in the world. The pay is "okay", should be better for what the job entails. Great benefits though!

ConsThis place has gone from being a joy to work at, to a place that people DREAD going to! The crisis counselors are taken advantage of left and right, any complaints made are either disregarded or used against the employee. It is unfortunate to say, because this place has a lot of potential, but it seems that greed and the love of power has really over-taken the love of helping people and providing a pleasant work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor goodness sake, LISTEN to your employees, notice the ridiculous turn over rate! Stop stifling your employees and start giving them reasons to WANT to come to work, rather than reasons to HATE coming into work. One major piece of advice I want to give to Management is to be POSITIVE! There is a major difference between encouraging employees to do something better, than berating them when they don't do something right. Morale at Switchboard of Miami is incredibly low.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Care for the community? I think not.....

ProsAs an employee you work your butt off to have the upper management take the credit for your hard work!

ConsExperience with community, real world issues, and dealing with the reality upper management's hierarchy

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate you staff because you do not know how to do their hard work. Work more for the community than your greed to get a higher salary while everyone else remain with the same salary for YEARS!!!!!!!

Greed and money has surpassed the genuine need to help others.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsReal world experience and the ability to positively impact the community.

ConsIt's difficult to remain motivated in an environment where your work is unappreciated and positive staff treatment is not a priority. Positive reinforcement goes a long way.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrading hard-working motivated and talented individuals for a higher personal income will only get you so far. Switchboard has lost great individuals over the years. It's sad to see them go because their allegiance is truly with the community and helping others, but it's difficult to retain an allegiance with a company when ultimately, the people are what make a company.

Not what is used to be. The organization has moved further away from connecting clients. Staff moral is generally low.

(Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsHelpling clients that find themselves in need.

ConsSenior managment attitude, the stress of the clients needs, funding.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees as if they had value.

Worked for Switchboard of Miami? Contribute to the Community!