Swoon Technology

Updated September 24, 2014
Updated September 24, 2014
4.9

Michelle Baker

Best place I've ever worked, and it isn't even close

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Swoon Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am very appreciative of the opportunity to work for such a great company filled with so much opportunity. Swoon is growing rapidly which is great because that gives me the opportunity to grow with it and career doors to open for me. The company culture is awesome because it seems like just about everyone works hard and gets along with each other. We have a lot of fun on our company outings such as happy hours and concerts. I also have plenty of time off and am paid well with a good commission structure. The CEO and the president of the company are exceptional leaders and very caring people. I could go on and on because this truly is the best place I've ever worked.

Cons

Because Swoon is growing rapidly there are always growing pains, but that's just part of the process. This probably wouldn't be a good place for someone to work who isn't willing to adapt to the changing policies and procedures associated with growth.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do whatever it takes to maintain the exceptional company culture that separates Swoon from the rest.

So far I am having a great experience with Swoon. The young lady, Samantha Parker, is an excellent recruiter.

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Swoon Technology part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Trying to keep you employed

Cons

So far haven't found any.

Swoon Technology Response

Oct 13, 2014Senior Consultant

Thank you for your committment, time and feedback!

Proud Swoon Employee!

I have been working at Swoon Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have never worked for or known a company existed like this. A lot of companies talk about being different and making quality their number one goal, but Swoon actually does it. It shows in the engagement of the employees, both permanent and contractors. Everyone cares about the success of the individual, which leads to the success of Swoon.

What I love most about Swoon is that there is so much trust put into every single employee. They encourage you to share your ideas, the want you to work independently, and they SHOW their appreciation for you through incentives, outings, and a cool working environment. Oh … and the location is perfect for commuting on public transportation to the city!

This is a growing company and I can’t wait to see what the future holds, I am so proud to be a part of Swoon!

Cons

I only wish I found out about Swoon sooner; I would have jumped at the opportunity to be a part of a company that challenges the status quo.

Keep doing what you are doing!

The most welcoming and transparent staffing firm!

I have been working at Swoon Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

AMAZING culture and atmosphere here. Just look at the pictures of our office! There is always something new and exciting going on here. Whether it'c company BBQ's or Boat Cruises, hitting our monthly target WAY before the month is close to being finished, or gaining new and promising clients - Swoon has no dull moments. I love working here and constantly have friends reaching out to me about how they can get a job with us and join our team!!

Cons

Work life balance is hard to find at times because working after hours / on weekends is always strongly encouraged but never forced. It is always my decision though whether or not to do it.

The name says it all....

Current Employee - Management in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Management in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Swoon Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Swoon since the beginning and never have regretted my, somewhat daunting, choice of joining a brand new start-up since. Swoon offers insurmountable opportunities for those willing to work hard to establish and develop their career in this industry. The perks, incentives, and freedom to design your own path are hard to match these days . . . moreover, it is the people and culture we've established that keeps us all coming back day after day! As we continue to grow and prove why we were named "Best Temp Staffing Company to Work For", things can only get better. Our name really says it all, we genuinely want everyone to feel Swoon'd by offering flexibility, understanding, and truly acting in consideration of our clients' and employees' needs. I cannot wait to see what the future holds and I am thankful to be along for the ride!

Cons

The cons of working at Swoon aren't easy to conjure - it truly is a great place to work and professionally thrive.

Opportunity

I have been working at Swoon Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Swoon is a haven of growth. And the inspiration comes from the top. In no other company was I able to access the President on a daily basis. At Swoon, everyone is extremely approachable and every employee has the opportunity to walk up to the President's desk and pick his brain. This on top of being surrounded by people who want to work hard, being a part of a company with top notch clients, and being a stellar office...

Cons

Honestly, you may find yourself at times working some extra hours nights or on the weekends to keep up with the company's growth. I see this as a great opportunity to excel and move forward in your career path. The work, especially outside of the typical 9-5 hours, is rewarding and often results in more success.

GREAT STAFFING FIRM TO RECRUIT FOR

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Swoon Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

FANTASTIC work environment. Great office. Great owners. Great staff. Great bosses. Great location. Great clients. I just started here about a month ago and I came from a year and a half of experience with another firm. It's like night and day! Don't expect to come in and slack off however and not work hard. You will need to work hard but it doesn't go unnoticed and there are great incentives too along the way! You will want to work hard in the end if you really do care about your job here and the company. I WANT to come in here and make the owners and my bosses here proud of me and see Swoon keep moving on up!

The base is better than the corporate staffing world, the benefits are great and you really are a PERSON here, not just a number. Swoon does things as a team like bbqs and baseball games. It really is like a TRUE family environment.

My bosses actually WANT to see me succeed and have a good amount of experience to back up their training and tips too. But like I said, you have to have the need to want to be successful and really kill it here at Swoon. Nothing is handed to you! Work smart not hard is what they teach!

Cons

You may feel like you may not be able or want to take time off because there is SOOO much business happening. It doesn't bother me but may for some who like to take a lot of time off.

Nothing. Thank you for believing in me and the opportunity. I look forward to growing my career with you guys!

Recruiting

I have been working at Swoon Technology full-time

Pros

Best company I've ever worked for, period. Definitely a "family" environment here. The culture is definitely work hard, play hard.

Cons

None. I feel very fortunate to be a part of this dynamic organization.

Swoon Technology Response

Sep 5, 2014Senior Consultant

We are so glad you feel that we are a family! Awesome

SOLID FIRM in a not so solid industry

Former Employee - Developer in Northbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Developer in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Swoon Technology as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked for Swoon as a technical consultant for 2+ years and watched it grow and I grew with it. There was always numerous new opportunities presented to me as I approached the end date of whatever engagement it is that I was on. They actually kept in constant contact with me throughout all of my roles with their clients which is a rarity with staffing firms. I have worked for a few of the larger ones and in short after you are deployed, you are just another number. So much different with this company which was very refreshing. Highly recommended.

Cons

When I was with them there was no online time portal for me to enter hours in the beginning, but this has since changed.

Keep hiring passionate employees.

People focused organization!

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Swoon Technology as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Easy to work with staff. They always go above and beyond to make sure I'm successful

Cons

Projects priorities change quickly!