Symbion Reviews

Richard E. Francis Jr.

OK work environment.

Former Employee - Per Diem  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Per Diem in Irvine, CA

I worked at Symbion for more than a year

Pros

My coworkers were wonderful and enjoyable to work with

Cons

My immediate supervisor was unprofessional.

Are you sure these comments are not about Midtown Surgery Center in Memphis? (also Symbion owned)

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Memphis, TN

I worked at Symbion full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Can not think of even one. Oh wait, I do not work there anymore!

Cons

I cannot address them all with a 20 word minimum

Symbion seems to have a pattern of behavior in hiring management that only attends to their own agenda and not the greater good of patient care. When you assume a title that falls outside of/above the "staff nurse" title, I would expect that you would strive for excellence in your own job and expect that from the employees that you manage. Respect for the patients and physicians, the customers, seemed to be of no importance to the facility administrator or the nurse managers. They engaged in sophmoric behavior to humiliate and bully employees. Human resources was of no help, they provided protection only to Symbion. There were multiple employees that were "run out" by these 3 "managers". With this type of behavior from managers/administrators, it soon was displayed by all employees. Back stabbing, lying, poor references, payback, isolation, bullying, and overall major stress and anxiety followed the hiring of one manager in particular. Some employees that were willing to take on extra duties, were treated as though they were lesser members of the team. While others clocked out as soon as they could weasel their way out the door. Being dedicated to your job and wanting to continuously strive to provide quality patient care was frowned upon and incited anger in management and resentment in co-workers. Losing your job was a daily fear and reality. I would have been scared a year ago to write this review, but at this point they have already ruined my reputation as a nurse by giving refernces that are untrue and supposedly illegal, but nonetheless they are out there.
    MTSC motto: "Ahhhh, it'll be alright"

BLUE SPRINGS SURGERY CENTER ORANGE CITY FLORIDA
    CUT THROAT MANAGERS&ADMINISTRATOR

Current Employee - PACU RN  in  Orange City, FL
    Current Employee - PACU RN in Orange City, FL

I have been working at Symbion

Pros

Nice anesthesia group to work with

Cons

pace is way too fast,
    manager has zero experience in managing people and is sneaky
    administrator talks down to you and talks about you to others behind your back, she is not a nurse
    not enuf staff
    some people do all of the work while others water their plants
    no breaks except lunch
    no sick time or vacation time until you have worked there 6 months (most places it's 90 days)
    poor communication
    most employees are fearful of losing their jobs

take a look at the leadership at blue springs surgery center mainly administrator and nurse manager
    there is an ad in the paper all of the time becoz they don't treat their staff well and no one stays

Worked for Symbion? Contribute to the Community!