Symmetry Financial Group

Good so far

Current Employee - Insurance Consultant in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Insurance Consultant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time

Pros

Great mentorship and great overall benefits. Good work/life balance. I really enjoy working for this company so far. In very new and looking forward to a new career with symmetry

Cons

No cons right now. If I had to pick a con it would be the lead cost. However it takes money to make money sometimes.

Keep up the good work.

Typical mortgage protection marketing company

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group (less than an year)

Pros

Good support, training, accountability. Compared to other MLM style insurance companies Symmetry isn't bad. You're going to start off on a low contract and a manager/mentor who will check in and help you become profitable asap. Keep track of mileage and expenses, otherwise taxes are going to be a beast.

ONLY take the Symmetry route if you have a lot of money saved to get you through until you have built override income with a strong team. I don't understand why in the world some people work at Symmetry for years as personal producers and pay such high lead prices with low commissions. This system makes you profitable when you are hiring and climbing the commission ladder: If you have the patience and funds to make it that long!

Cons

Difficult to make a profitable income stream in the first year. I would rather not waste a year to only break-even when I can do something to make 50-60k and definitely more the following years (and not have to deal with buying convention tix, going to weekly meetings, listening to conference calls 3x+ a week. It's the hardest insurance sales and least profitable so you'll need to plug in to keep yourself motivated.

There's a lot of money to be made in insurance if you have a strong work ethic and find the right partners. If you need a "boss" to tell you what to do and when to do it, work with Symmetry.

Don't work with this company, at least the south Florida office.

Former Employee - Field Underwriter in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Field Underwriter in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I started working there because of the flexible hours, but it's not worth your time.

Cons

I've managed several mortgage businesses with over 50 plus employees. I have never seen such poor leadership. Ed Orell and Gianna Campo in Wellington Fl are the worst leaders I've ever seen. They do not train at all. All they do is just recruit and throw you to the wolves, and suck your wallet dry. They are desperate and it shows. They are rude, and their attitudes suck!! They do not care about anyone except making a buck. False promises that they can't produce! They are the worst people to work for. BEWARE! You will spend more money on lead cost, gas, an conventions then what you make in profit. When they are done using you, like I've heard from so many people, they will began treating you like trash. So, if you consider working under them with Symmetry, beware. I wish I had listened to others before me.

Replace Ed and Gianna in south Florida. They will bring down the entire South Florida market. I never hear anything positive about them and Ed O'rell reputation in the insurance industry is very bad.

Phenomenal Growth Opportunity Here!

Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Portland, OR

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company is unparalleled to other companies in this industry. No sales pressure, just caring and compassionate individuals that insure their clients with the protection they need for their family. Everyone in this company is very supportive of helping you succeed. Company understands Work/Life balance.

Cons

There are no cons here…..just pros! Excited to be part of the growth of this company!

Thank you for all your support…. you give us all the tools we need to succeed!

Not worth your time

Former Employee - Field Underwriter in Johnson City, TN
    Former Employee - Field Underwriter in Johnson City, TN

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

If you have a ton of money and don't mind spending 300-400 dollars per week on non-guaranteed leads, and don't mind calling on these leads for 6-8 hours on the weekends you have the potential to make decent money.

Cons

Even during months where I made 4-5,000 dollars I still found that my expenses weren't worth it. 350 for leads, 400 in gas and regular car maintenance, 100 for business cards, 100 for cellphone with unlimited data, plus 350 for child care for the 3 nights per week where traveling caused me to work from 2pm to 1am. I found myself working about 50 hours per week spread across 3-4 days per week which killed my family life and put tons of miles on my car. There were never enough good leads to go around, it seemed there was always a shortage of leads and I would either call on used leads or be forced to drive 3-4 hours away from home. This is multi-level level marketing. You make money by recruiting people and having them work, drive, and sell for you. My "upline" didn't train me at all, I had never sold insurance and he didn't even teach me the basics like filling out an application, then chewed me out if I had a question, so there was a 60 day learning curve where I was spending money but not making any. He also suggested I cheat on my taxes which I thought was unethical and my accountant who did mine suggested I report him to the IRS. Overall I broke even at this job.

Be straightforward with potential applicants. Be careful who you trust to run an agency. Stop making employees pay for everything.

I can not tell you how happy I am to have found Symmetry Financial Group! It baffles me how the "disaster" guy reviewed

Current Employee - Producer in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Producer in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company is hands down the most integral company I have ever worked for! The character and integrity of the owners, managers, and leadership is the greatest I have ever been a part of. I was working 6 12 hour days at my previous employer, and although successful financially, was trading every relationship in my life for it. I was scared to make a change as that was what I had done for about 20 years and had climbed to the top of the ladder. My first year with Symmetry, following this system, I made more than I made in 20 years of the same job (which was above 6 figures). I love, love this company and the people in it!!
    I was unaware that this type of opportunity exited. Who would not want to earn what they are worth and have their pay directly associated with the efforts and value they give. I am extremely grateful for the opportunity and system that Symmetry has developed! Top pay with tremendous values, which is not usually found in Insurance agencies.

Cons

It is shame that the knuckle head below would come on here and write those things...You are never told you have to buy leads or the awesome planner the company creates...Although something with all that information that is so prevalent to your business would probably run you $50 bucks...The leads are less than industry competitors, as well as the 150 conference that some competitors charge upwards to a grand for (this 150 also includes an awesome high end dinner). Successful people many times pay for mentors or trainings, and for $150 if they had one a week, I would be in attendance.

The carriers we write (Am Am and UHL) are not the highest in comp that we could be, actually, but I guess if he stayed more than 3 weeks he may have learned this. There are several more that pay us more, but for several different reasons may not be the best thing for the client or have more difficult times getting the family protected. If they are hard to deal with for an agent, how well or easy do you think it is for a family on a claim. I actually took a route of finding out for myself why we use those companies, by writing a bunch of others in my year plus here, and came back to those companies for many reasons. I fought the urge to rebuttal his review, but failures like him, will continue to blame and point fingers and I get a little defensive about my team and family here at Symmetry;)

Now...It is tough in the beginning...You will have to have a spine and some great character to get through the learning months. Hold tight to your manager and they will best guide you, but you will sacrifice and at times feel like it is hopeless...But steadfast through it and it will change you and your family's future. I thought I was going to quit through some hard times, you just have to fight through. You will make less for way more work, in the beginning of starting with Symmetry, but this is for the business minded that understand a little sacrifice is necessary in the road to success. At any given point you can hold this to be true, that you are making less now for more work, then you will ever be in the future, because the way the system is designed. It is designed to continue in a multiplication manner with your income, and through residuals, back end pay, and overrides within a few years, multiple 6 figures is attainable for the right people. This is not for everyone, but everyone has the same opportunity. It is good that it is not super easy as it would not be so lucrative for those that stick through the tough times.

You guys are the most creative, fun, integral, and cool people I have ever worked with in business. All the leadership in this company is amazing. They all help and support each other and agents that are not directly in their down line. We have the top producers and managers not just in the company, but in the business that have some and planted their flag with Symmetry! I am really happy I bought in and locked arms with this crew!

Truly Grateful for SFG

Current Employee - Agency Manager in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Agency Manager in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have had a six figure income before. But when the bottom dropped out in 2008 I was left making half of what I was used to making. SFG gave me the opportunity to rise again to that level by providing the structure, balance and resources to thrive. I am so thankful for this. They have taught me how to succeed in this business by allowing me to be able to increase my own commission through meeting goals . Additionally SFG shows you how to succeed with a system they have set up teaching you a step by step procedure to success. This is invaluable. I have worked for two other insurance companies and never received this type of instruction.
     There is a very nice return on your investment in your business. One that has allowed me and my family luxuries and privileges we would not be able to afford. I also am staggered by the integrity of the owners and leaders. They actually have character building books they read to further their personal development. Where have you heard of that in any company you have worked for? So I am truly grateful for SFG and will continue here until l I retire.

Cons

This is not for everyone. You have to be consistent and have perseverance. The challenge in this industry is to stick out the first 6 months . There is a learning curve time as you progress. There is an investment you need to make not only financially but in yourself to believe you are worth continuing to make it to that level of success. I have found there are those who never make it and then end up complaining because of lack of character and lack of a business mindset. You have to spend money to make money . And the the return is well worth the effort.

Keep up the amazing work. your mentor-ship has been invaluable ! Thank you for the sacrifices you have made to build this great company. Edward Pritchett thank you for alll your support and help.

Structured Support and High Integrity

Current Employee - Field Underwriter
    Current Employee - Field Underwriter

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great training/mentorship and support system. Lead costs are low compared to other IMOs. The company was started in 2009 but is growing at an extremely fast rate. Integrity of the company is something that was very important to me, they will provide you the best portfolio of products to offer out there and encourage you to do the best thing for the client. A decent living requires about 30-35 hours per week of work. Advanced markets trainings(annuities and EIUL) are now live and extremely helpful to add to your stack of things you can offer. Overall couldn't be happier with Symmetry!

Cons

In the beginning it can be tough working on just commission with no base but if you have perseverance to get through the first few rough months when you're still learning and if quitting is not an option

Keep it up, you guys are obviously doing something right!

review

Former Employee - Hiring Manager in Swannanoa, NC
    Former Employee - Hiring Manager in Swannanoa, NC

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Symmetry Financial seemed nice at first

Cons

becoming a Nazi call center environment

get your priorities straight and you may stand a chance

Great experience

Former Employee - Agent/Manager in Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - Agent/Manager in Asheville, NC

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very uplifting company to work for.

Cons

Mentorship needs a little work.

Symmetry Financial Group Photos