Symmetry Financial Group Reviews

Producer

Former Employee - Producer - Agent in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Producer - Agent in Seattle, WA

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Life/Work balance
    Lots of time with family because you aren't making any money

Cons

Lots of promises but no results.
    Say you can make lots of money but never do!
    Stay away! Check out reviews from other agents…google "Symmetry Financial"
    High cost for leads that are outdated & called on several times from other agents.
    Unorganized management

Advice to Management

Don't be so dishonest

Disaster

Former Employee - Field Underwriter in Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - Field Underwriter in Asheville, NC

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent (expensive) leads that allow the employees with a means of contacting (sometimes) willing clientele.

Cons

They find a way to get as much money out of their employees as they possibly can. Conference is 150, hotel was 190, they charge me 20 dollars for a daily planner that is worth about 3-5 dollars. Leads will cost you 10,000 or more per year, in my experience only the A and 5A leads were worth it. It takes forever to get paid even though they advertise 48 hours or less. They have carriers that have cheaper, more comprehensive products yet only push the 1 or 2 carriers (AA, UHL) that offer them the highest commission (is this really the best way to serve the client?).

I first saw this and read some great reviews before I noticed that most all of the reviews were written on the same day, Feb 7 of last year.

Advice to Management

They wouldn't listen, so why would I bother.

it

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group

Pros

My main perspective about SFG is on the CONS side, please take some time to read that for your own sake.

Cons

I guess the opportunities to earn a great number of income (as they promised) are there, but you have to be lucky (majority of your clients don't cancel their policies within the first year after purchasing, or you will be asked to pay back the "first year commission") and have your own agents. Though your "up line manager" will "help" you solve the problem of being asked to send the commission back by telling you "call the carrier and let them know that you're willing to work on another sale and to deduct the amount from your next sell instead of a pay back. But they usually won't tell you the truth: it happens all the time. Instead, they will say: “to be honest with you”(such a term that has been used too much), for the years I've been working with SFG, I experienced only one time of being asked to send the commission back. Well, that's just something they say if they are acting kind and caring. But most of the time, you will hear this: it never happened to me, don't worry about this, our clients are selected, which means they have the money to stay on the policy.

Well, please let's just use a bit of brain to look at this, there are too many uncertain in this plot: 1) the customer lost the way of gaining enough money to support what he/she has; 2) he/she found another insurance that is either cheaper or able to offer better services at the same price; 3) he/she just changed their mind, feeling no needs for their policies....
    Think as many times as you need before entering this. Look at Amway operations, if that is what you want, then this is a place for you.

You will probably hear the most amazing things from people who work for this company, it sounds so great that you can't afford to turn away. Well, then you should know they're addicted too much into this and in someway, they put themselves in a cult that they are not aware of. Just like the commercials or sales person, will you trust them if they are perfectly good?

The fact that working under the up line manger over the phone calls, once every week conference (phone calls), and phone calls in order to secure a customer, etc... all these overwhelming phone calls are just too much, and there are plenty of jobs that can pay you better (unless you're an agent manger, and that will take you years to get there) out there for you.
    They tell you it's totally flexible and up to you, you have the extreme freedom. But seriously, if you want to make at least $50,000 a year, you have to work most of your time for the first few years, and that actually give you less and less time with your family and yourself.
    Stable salary and less stress are better than something that can't assure you a success.
    Please, please, personally, I will protect all my friends from entering this.
    And I'm quitting how.

Think twice !!

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group

Pros

They offer lots of training calls to increase your ability to sell insurance policies and recruit other sales agents.

Cons

I bought into their stories of incredible sales results and high income if you just follow the SFG system. Unfortunately, that required me to rack up debt on my credit card buying leads from the company. Because the rates on the insurance policies were so high, most of the policies I sold would cancel within a month or two... Requiring me to pay back my commission to the insurance company! In the end I had spent thousands of dollars more buying leads from SFG than I ever made selling their policies.

review

Former Employee - Hiring Manager in Swannanoa, NC
    Former Employee - Hiring Manager in Swannanoa, NC

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Symmetry Financial seemed nice at first

Cons

becoming a Nazi call center environment

Advice to Management

get your priorities straight and you may stand a chance

Typical mortgage protection marketing company

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Good support, training, accountability. Compared to other MLM style insurance companies Symmetry isn't bad. You're going to start off on a low contract and a manager/mentor who will check in and help you become profitable asap. Keep track of mileage and expenses, otherwise taxes are going to be a beast.

ONLY take the Symmetry route if you have a lot of money saved to get you through until you have built override income with a strong team. I don't understand why in the world some people work at Symmetry for years as personal producers and pay such high lead prices with low commissions. This system makes you profitable when you are hiring and climbing the commission ladder: If you have the patience and funds to make it that long!

Cons

Difficult to make a profitable income stream in the first year. I would rather not waste a year to only break-even when I can do something to make 50-60k and definitely more the following years (and not have to deal with buying convention tix, going to weekly meetings, listening to conference calls 3x+ a week. It's the hardest insurance sales and least profitable so you'll need to plug in to keep yourself motivated.

There's a lot of money to be made in insurance if you have a strong work ethic and find the right partners. If you need a "boss" to tell you what to do and when to do it, work with Symmetry.

Great business opportunity with lots of potential for the right person.

Current Employee - Field Underwriter in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Field Underwriter in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-flexibility to make your own schedule for appointments
    -great online tools and resources
    -great income potential and rewards for doing the right things
    -weekly conference calls to keep agents plugged-in and inspired

Cons

-As each office is independently run, experience varies drastically from agency to agency.
    - Field training is calling from the field but this does not work when you cannot reach your manager and you have not received any simulated training or role-playing scenarios
    -unprofessional office environment. Manager shows up last minute to meetings, leaves during appointment setting, and conversations are about everything else but growth and business development
    -little to no training and development in the office to support website and conference call training
    -my manager does not seem to care about growth of the agents or the agency

Advice to Management

Symmetry is a great business opportunity with tremendous potential for the field force and the families we help. The fundamental values of the owners and agents around the country are sound. Advice to management is to seek feedback from the field agents so you can hold each agency accountable to the standard of ethics and conduct you expect. This is especially critical since we are a new company and reputation is very important. We run off lots of great talent on a weekly basis.

Great experience

Former Employee - Agent/Manager in Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - Agent/Manager in Asheville, NC

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very uplifting company to work for.

Cons

Mentorship needs a little work.

Great People; Great Support

Former Employee - Insurance Broker
    Former Employee - Insurance Broker

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Support is unparalleled once in the company. There are weekly meetings and conference calls that outline steps to success. Most everyone in the company will answer questions. Huge discount in obtaining training for license. Lots of team building and opportunities for trips. Great conference.

Cons

Initially starting out, my manager did zero to train me. I had to use a lot of self discovery. That manager was learning also and is now a better trainer of agents.

Advice to Management

Keep being who you are. This is a fantastic company with fantastic people.

Houston, The Eagle Has Landed

Current Employee - M Agency Managey in Avondale, PA
    Current Employee - M Agency Managey in Avondale, PA

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company gives you the keys to the city. I have been in the insurance business for 30 years and NOWHERE is there a company that offers you the opportunity they offer. That's the first thing. I could spend hours on this but If I were to pick one thing...I would say that the comrade-re and mentorship that is part of the Symmetry way is by far the absolute finest in the business. Everyone is out to help you be successful. Find that ANYWHERE without a hidden agenda!!!!!!!

Cons

I sat here for 15 minutes trying my darndest to honestly think of one thing that I didn't like about the company and I came up empty. This company is without a doubt the finest in the industry. My 30 years of dealing with IMO's tells me that. Again, There is NO HIDDEN AGENDA and they are as transparent as a brand new piece of glass not to mention that they share the wealth better than ANYONE.

Advice to Management

Maintaining the ship is not the norm here. They constantly are looking for ways to better enhance the agent experience and the individual's business. The forward and cutting edge thinking that comes with the management at Symmetry reminds me of the innovative thinking that went on during the heyday at NASA. The sky is the limit here and there are no boundaries. I appreciate working with so many people who have their PHD's in results.

RSS Feed </> Embed