Symmetry Financial Group

Symmetry Financial Group Reviews

Updated Mar 30, 2014

Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, & Brian Pope

Disaster

Field Underwriter (Former Employee)

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group full-time for more than a year

ProsDecent (expensive) leads that allow the employees with a means of contacting (sometimes) willing clientele.

ConsThey find a way to get as much money out of their employees as they possibly can. Conference is 150, hotel was 190, they charge me 20 dollars for a daily planner that is worth about 3-5 dollars. Leads will cost you 10,000 or more per year, in my experience only the A and 5A leads were worth it. It takes forever to get paid even though they advertise 48 hours or less. They have carriers that have cheaper, more comprehensive products yet only push the 1 or 2 carriers (AA, UHL) that offer them the highest commission (is this really the best way to serve the client?).

I first saw this and read some great reviews before I noticed that most all of the reviews were written on the same day, Feb 7 of last year.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey wouldn't listen, so why would I bother.

Great business opportunity with lots of potential for the right person.

Field Underwriter (Current Employee)
Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time for more than a year

Pros-flexibility to make your own schedule for appointments
-great online tools and resources
-great income potential and rewards for doing the right things
-weekly conference calls to keep agents plugged-in and inspired

Cons-As each office is independently run, experience varies drastically from agency to agency.
- Field training is calling from the field but this does not work when you cannot reach your manager and you have not received any simulated training or role-playing scenarios
-unprofessional office environment. Manager shows up last minute to meetings, leaves during appointment setting, and conversations are about everything else but growth and business development
-little to no training and development in the office to support website and conference call training
-my manager does not seem to care about growth of the agents or the agency

Advice to Senior ManagementSymmetry is a great business opportunity with tremendous potential for the field force and the families we help. The fundamental values of the owners and agents around the country are sound. Advice to management is to seek feedback from the field agents so you can hold each agency accountable to the standard of ethics and conduct you expect. This is especially critical since we are a new company and reputation is very important. We run off lots of great talent on a weekly basis.

Great experience

Agent/Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group full-time for less than a year

ProsVery uplifting company to work for.

ConsMentorship needs a little work.

Great People; Great Support

Insurance Broker (Former Employee)

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group part-time for less than a year

ProsSupport is unparalleled once in the company. There are weekly meetings and conference calls that outline steps to success. Most everyone in the company will answer questions. Huge discount in obtaining training for license. Lots of team building and opportunities for trips. Great conference.

ConsInitially starting out, my manager did zero to train me. I had to use a lot of self discovery. That manager was learning also and is now a better trainer of agents.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being who you are. This is a fantastic company with fantastic people.

3 years and counting!

Regional Vice President (Current Employee)
Asheville, NC

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsAfter 3 yrs of being with SFG I have even more appreciation and gratitude for the company than ever before. I was previously working with a captive agency and had benefits and salary, but the future looked like being over worked, well paid with no lifestyle and never really being able to build anything but a J.O.B.. The owners and leadership here have given me the tools to build a business and a lifestyle. I have time to be a dad and enjoy my life with the financial resources to make decisions based on value rather than affordability. My business has afforded me to add value to my team members and give them the same opportunity I have and get them leverage.

ConsThe opportunity to build a future is here but it will take work, discipline and growth. Most don't have that to give, but for those that are ready... what an opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you... Can't say it enough. Thank you for being open to influence and continuing to emphasize the importance of personal growth and organizational growth.

High ROI leads to higher Profitability

Agency Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIntegrity should be the owners middle names. Every decision is based on what makes for a win-win-win for the client, agent & owners. This company culture is what you would want in any business:high energy, creativity, and balance, Conference is always a learning, growing experience and a great value.

ConsToo much fun? Really. This is work so other than the fact that we have to work, there are no cons. and they have made it fun, too.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for listening to us and allowing input through channels at every level.

Great owners, great culture, great money...couldn't ask for a better opportunity

Agent/Manager (Current Employee)
Swannanoa, NC

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time for more than a year

ProsThis is best job I have ever had. The money is good and my quality of life is excellent - I have a smile I cannot get rid of. It really starts from the top - the owners have created a fun, exciting, motivating place to work. I literally go home at least once a week and tell my wife that I love my job. So fortunate!

ConsI have worked in several other industries and for other corporations. I understand that as an organization grows, and grows quickly, it can be a challenge to keep up - specifically with organizational systems and procedures. A company that is growing as quickly as Symmetry Financial Group naturally needs to work even harder to make sure their systems grow along with the business itself. I guess what I'm trying to say is that with such rapid growth, we all feel like we are getting our eye-lids peeled back - although that is definitely a challenge any business owner would LOVE to have.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!!!

Awesome - only problem was my area was saturated with agents and I had to travel 3-4 hours to get to sales territory

Insurance Broker (Former Employee)

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group as a contractor for less than a year

ProsEveryone was genuinely interested in your success and the welfare of our customers/families.

ConsHad to travel too far to sales territory

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep up the good work

AMAZING COMPANY

Recruiter (Current Employee)

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time for less than a year

ProsFun environment, great employees, amazing team and opportunities with this company

ConsThere is not one bad thing about this company.

Great experience with driven company

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time for more than a year

ProsThis company prides itself on a hard work ethic that propels the right person up the ladder quicker than most realize. This comes with hard work, dedication and willingness to change and conform to a strict business plan. If you can make this change, you will be handsomely rewarded financially.

ConsSymmetry is not your run-of-the-mill company. If you are looking for a job that you can skate through...this is not it. You will work hard, harder than you have previously...but it's more than worth it if you are looking to succeed financially.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work and continue to show your company the best ways to achieve in this industry.

Worked for Symmetry Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Symmetry Financial Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Symmetry Financial Group CEO Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, & Brian Pope. All 23 reviews posted anonymously by Symmetry Financial Group employees.