Symmetry Financial Group Reviews

Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, & Brian Pope

1. Great company

Current Employee - Team Leader in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance Awesome Culture! You are the only factor in your success, no office politics or others holding you down

Cons

Not for the faint-hearted. requires discipline and a self-motivated personality to succeed

Advice to Management

You're doing great!

2. A good learner and keen to gain knowledge majorly involved in IT Recuitment.

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A good Learner and listener

Cons

I am dedicated to get me work done.

3. Getting Paid in Time and Money

Current Employee - Managing Vice President in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Managing Vice President in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It has now been 4 years and I am truly grateful that I found SFG, plugged into their leadership and worked the business model they have created. I have gone from looking for a way out of the grind and found freedom. I am now at the point where I am making more money than ever before and having more time to enjoy my family. I am surrounded by great leadership and a community of people who are willing to grow themselves as they grow their businesses.

Cons

It is simple but not easy and everyone can do it, but not everyone will. You will only get paid for the quantity and quality of your work. It's not easy, just worth it!

Advice to Management

Thank you for your leadership and what SFG has allowed me to provide for my family. Thank you all for sharing the wealth of opportunity

5. Best Opportunity You Will Find

Current Employee - Sales Agen in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Agen in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Symmetry has wonderful business model and has true opportunity for unlimited income potential. Work from your home and use it as headquarters to go out and help families. The best part of SFG is that the leads are all warm leads full of people who at some level are interested and always qualified. Carriers pay quick and pay well. But it is the entire business model as a whole that will increase your income higher than you can imagine. Each agent has a mentor that will invest his/her life into you to ensure you become a success.

Cons

Any cons can only be related to how well you decide to become a leader, a learner, and how well you can follow an easy to understand and implement system. The system is there for you.

6. Life insurance agent

Current Employee - Life Insurance in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Life Insurance in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group (More than a year)

Pros

It's what you put into it. Great rewards! Great people backing you whenever you need it. Good training and lots of good insurance companies to give great service to people

Cons

Don't work for lazy procrastinators. I can't think of a bad thing to say about thus great company who helps you change your life

Advice to Management

Thanks

There may be better opportunities out there

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*You can own your own schedule - no boss telling you what to do *Online training that you can access on your own time *Quality leadership, if you end up on the right team (Find the SWAT team if you're coming on board - they have the highest retention rates and the best tools for agents to use) *They're not super picky about who they hire - they may give you a chance where another company may not *Six figure income available if you're someone who is interested in and good at recruiting *Bottom line, it's a decent opportunity, and you can learn a lot about how to sell insurance and how to relate with people.

Cons

*Don't believe everything you hear. Ask for actual numbers / statistics / success rates / bank account statements. *As someone who has achieved far better success in this company than most, I can say from first hand experience that if you make it in the top 10-20% of agents in the company, and are ONLY selling life insurance (no advanced market and no recruiting), you can expect to make $40-$60,000 (after expenses) with very little income the following years from previous sales. *There are a lot of moving parts in this business: setting appointments (calling leads), preparing for appointments (calling underwriters and looking through agent guides to see if your client will qualify for various products), sitting on appointments (meeting clients face to face and reading their body language / getting the sale), then the paperwork of submitting business to the carriers, then the follow up of getting your business issued (calling the carriers to see what other pending requirements are holding the policy up from being issued). Finally, you need to keep track of your business expenses and manage lead expenses well. Performing poorly in any one of these areas will lower your ROI and make the business less profitable for you. As far as "would I recommend this business to a friend"? It completely depends on the friend, what they want, what they're willing to put in, and how likely I feel they are to succeed in this system. *The big money is available to those who recruit - it's quite lucrative for them... but I don't feel right about recruiting others into an opportunity where they have little chance of long term success as an agent only. *You'll hear a lot of talk in this company about how it's "Not an MLM". Well... when they have to repeat that so often... there might be something to that. It actually is a lot like an MLM, in that yes, you can make money without recruiting, but not enough to make it worth your while. *If you're someone with great ambition and the will to win, and you're someone who doesn't make excuses but takes charge of your life, then you'll be WAY better compensated at New Your Life. Find a manager near you and ask them how to get started.

Advice to Management

Rather than thriving so much on competition between one agency and another, create an atmosphere where agency managers can win by sharing their success with others in the company. Much would be gained if each leader could learn and benefit from the innovations and advancements of another.

8. Great People

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with the company for 1.5 years now. I can say that I have grown as person in the last year and a half then any other point in my life. The one thing that separates symmetry from any other company that I have been part of is the people. I have never looked forward to see co-workers in my life until I found Symmetry. It starts with the owner's and trickles its way down. Winning is contagious and Symmetry has the winning formula. The other thing that I like is being my own boss. It is very similar to running your own business but you have support. You have leaders that truly want you to succeed. You have a system in place that is easy to duplicate. You have the opportunity to make money immediatley by selling policies but also an opportunity to create generational wealth by building a sales team. I can say that I am at the right place at the right time.

Cons

I am not sure this is a con but this is not for everyone. You need an owners not a victims mindset. I have seen people come in and think it is going to be a super easy job and be gone quickly. This is an opportunity that is proven to be successful, you just have to put in the work. It's easy to procrastinate when you do not have someone breathing down your throat.

Advice to Management

Stay involved, you guys are great at that now. When Symmetry scales up to 5,000-10,000-20,000 etc. it would be nice for Brandon, Brian and Casey to still host conference calls and be involved with touching even the newest of agents.

Most Profitable Company in Insurance Period!!!

Current Employee - Agency Leader in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Agency Leader in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with Symmetry since Jan.2014-My 1st yr. me and my wife made 193K-Rolling 12 months now over 253k-Cool part is we get to keep the money and not spend it on business cost-This was a huge reason we joined the company in 2014! I have 2 boys 2-5 ages, the key for me also was being able to generate that type of income in a short amount of time so I could enjoy them. Love it!!!

Cons

The only people that don't make it with Symmetry are simply the people unwilling to follow the system that is laid out.

Advice to Management

None-Great Leadership!

10. The best financial services quasi-franchise opportunity ever

Current Employee - Agency Manager in Brandon, FL
    Current Employee - Agency Manager in Brandon, FL

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time

Pros

Exclusive direct market leads and a proven infrastructure to build a successful agency.

Cons

the limitations in my mind

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Producer

Former Employee - Producer - Agent in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Producer - Agent in Seattle, WA

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Life/Work balance Lots of time with family because you aren't making any money

Cons

Lots of promises but no results. Say you can make lots of money but never do! Stay away! Check out reviews from other agents…google "Symmetry Financial" High cost for leads that are outdated & called on several times from other agents. Unorganized management

Advice to Management

Don't be so dishonest

RSS Feed </> Embed