Symmetry Medical

Add Photos

Thomas J. Sullivan

Opportunity for growth and advancement within the Medical Devise Industry

Value Stream Manager (Former Employee) Lansing, MI

ProsAbility to be a part of a strong and winning team, Opportunity for advancement, held values for quality of life

Conslack of diversity, the benefit package is in need of a much deserved boost,

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to invest in a culturally diverse management team, not just hourly employeement

14 years. very good company

Thermoform Operator (Former Employee) Manchester, NH

ProsPeople, company treatment, overtime and pleasnt environment.

ConsNeed better training for employee to do job.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall, everything good

Cnc machinist

Machinist II (Current Employee) Warsaw, IN

ProsMachining skills I've learned and different experiences I've had opportunities to learn new things.

ConsNot enough training or resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your full time employees with respect for the extra work we do to better the company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working here was very frustrating.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe best part about working here was that I now have experience to take somewhere else and hopefully do better there. I also met a handful of friends in my years at Symmetry.

ConsLeadership was terrible. We never knew who was really in charge or what it was they really wanted out of us. Our QA was never consistent and our managers never did anything to help us out with it.

pleasant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proscaferteria/ gym helpful employees supervisor was pleasant and understanding helpful

Consthe comute was hr away disliked the traffic

Wake up

Manager (Current Employee) Warsaw, IN

ProsDevelop knowledge of medical device market
    Engineering experience
    Good benefits

ConsHorrible management
    Unethical leadership
    Customer last approach
    Complicated bonus plan

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease leave, go back to JNJ and take any friends with you

Opportunity to grow, at a cost

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Avilla, IN

ProsLots of opportunity for lateral movement and learning. Pay was good, not great. Bonuses were scarce.

ConsLots of unfulfilled promises. Always focused on the very very short term and not what could make the company great.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus!

Overworked - underappreciated

Manager (Former Employee) Manchester, NH

ProsPlant people are dedicated. Everyone is engaged. Company is investing in equipment.

ConsDisparity between the effort given to achieve results and the appreciation and compensation that accompanies it from the company. Worst bonus program ever. Had to go through several series of layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop acting like you are running J&J. The company is small and struggling. Need to be in tune with day to day.

Great place to work

ProsGrowth Opportunities
    Benefits
    Great challenge

ConsA lot of tribal knowledge
    Some people dont accept change

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow from within the business

Very disappointing.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Warsaw, IN

ProsWorked weekends as a 2nd job, pay was great and the job seemed to have endless possibilities.

ConsReality was, after a few months showed up for work on Saturday and no one was there then got sent to their Claypool Facility for the first 3 months of this year because they ran out of work in Warsaw. Returned to Warsaw and worked till August thinking everything was fine until I got a phone call in the middle of the week, not quite a year after being hired, informing me "that due to economic circumstances my services were no longer needed and my position was being terminated. Yes, fired over the phone!

Advice to Senior ManagementThey apparently need a better business plan so they don't hire people they can't get enough work for.

Worked for Symmetry Medical? Contribute to the Community!